What movies are you guys watching?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
carey

Re: What movies are you guys watching?

Post by carey »

Ha. Not forgiven but he may be forgotten. That was the biggest fuck up I've ever seen on live television. Screen grabs of the telecast show they had the wrong envelope (even though Emma said she had her winning card the whole time), Beatty clearly knows it's wrong and looks to Faye for help then gives her the envelope, she just reads the title of the movie, La La Land gets up there to accept and half a minute in they realize they announced the wrong film. Just bonkers.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

carey wrote:Ha. Not forgiven but he may be forgotten. That was the biggest f*** up I've ever seen on live television. Screen grabs of the telecast show they had the wrong envelope (even though Emma said she had her winning card the whole time), Beatty clearly knows it's wrong and looks to Faye for help then gives her the envelope, she just reads the title of the movie, La La Land gets up there to accept and half a minute in they realize they announced the wrong film. Just bonkers.
That was crazy, cringe-worthy stuff, but impossible to take your eyes off it.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Pay off your mortgage with a bet on Casey Affleck to win best actor.
I believe I had that one.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:Pay off your mortgage with a bet on Casey Affleck to win best actor.
Yep, thanks. Paying my mortgage off on Friday.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Nice. Clearly I'm in the wrong line of work.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Nice. Clearly I'm in the wrong line of work.
:D I wish I had that kind of confidence.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

ShelC wrote:So I finally caught John Wick...saw a lot of hype online over the past year or so which I thought was more sarcasm than genuine enthusiasm. Thought it was a bad Keanu action flick that people were more making fun of...."thugs kill Keanu's dog so he kills everyone" sorta thing. But then more and more people were saying it was legitimately good so I gave it a go. Maybe it's because people were saying it was SO good that I was a bit underwhelmed by it. I thought it was pretty good, very stylish, good action scenes. But I wasn't blown away by anything. Again, my expectations might have been skewed. Had I gone to see it in the movies with no expectations, maybe I'd think it was a lot better. Good to see Keanu kicking ass like that, but the Russians were pretty bad, the story itself was thin and I thought the scenes in between the action brought the movie to a crawl. Solid B, but nothing groundbreaking IMO.
A bit confusing as you started out with a preconceived notion that the movie was a typical Keanu Reeves ridiculous action movie that you essentially forced yourself to see after hearing good things only to be let down by hype and disappointed from expectations derived from the hype.

You never could have watched the movie with "no expectations" because your own initial thoughts of what the movie would be would have dissuaded you from ever having interest in seeing it.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

SDC

Post by SDC »

manchester by the sea, elle

next up: hidden figures, sing street

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Logan was pretty fucking great.

John Wick 2, Get Out, and Lego Batman are all pretty great as well. Good start for 2017.

SDC

Post by SDC »

ever want to see a live action Wolverine go into berserker mode? #Logan

i'd like to see wolverine go to the MCU.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Logan was good.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just saw Get Out. Really liked it. Good mix of horror and comedy; strong acting and writing; interesting story; some subtle but clever views on race. Really quite good and enjoyable. Highly recommend.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I just saw Get Out. Really liked it. Good mix of horror and comedy; strong acting and writing; interesting story; some subtle but clever views on race. Really quite good and enjoyable. Highly recommend.
here's a dissenting viewpoint
Get Out, a remarkably racist kill-the-white-people horror movie that makes Django Unchained seem like My Dinner With Andre, is the box office and critical smash of the winter.
http://takimag.com/article/get_out_get_ ... iler/print

SDC

Post by SDC »

i wonder if black panther should go rated R too? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/reference

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Really SDC? Bait trolling. This is a movie thread. Glad you feel like deep diving and getting political here. Have you even seen the movie? I have and really enjoyed it.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SDC, seriously, that is not what Get Out is about. Go see it yourself and then let us know what you think. Don't let racist extremists dictate your view to you.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Logan was pretty bad-ass.

SDC

Post by SDC »

AmareIsGod wrote:Really SDC? Bait trolling. This is a movie thread. Glad you feel like deep diving and getting political here. Have you even seen the movie? I have and really enjoyed it.
it's a movie review. seems like another stab at social justice warrior stuff by hollywood

SDC

Post by SDC »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:SDC, seriously, that is not what Get Out is about. Go see it yourself and then let us know what you think. Don't let racist extremists dictate your view to you.
okay, where's the screener? and i dont know what you mean by "some subtle but clever views on race." maybe it's not subtle.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It probably isn't subtle if you are racist.