Is bill simmons disbanding Grantland?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
SDC

Is bill simmons disbanding Grantland?

Post by SDC »

this all happened after bill simmons was suspended by espn/disney:

1) hollywood prospectus started their own website + separate RSS feed two weeks ago.
2) emily yoshida of girls in hoodies is reported to be leaving the podcast and moving to NY. they also started their own tumblr+website 2 weeks ago.
3) "Do you like prince movies podcast" created their own separate itunes feed from grantland a week ago.

are they preparing for bill simmons bolting from espn?

carey

Re: Is bill simmons disbanding Grantland?

Post by carey »

SDC wrote:this all happened after bill simmons was suspended by espn/disney:

1) hollywood prospectus started their own website + separate RSS feed two weeks ago.
2) emily yoshida of girls in hoodies is reported to be leaving the podcast and moving to NY. they also started their own tumblr+website 2 weeks ago.
3) "Do you like prince movies podcast" created their own separate itunes feed from grantland a week ago.

Hmm, I didn't know about any of that. I would say no since ESPN just gave Simmons his own basketball show. Plus his deal isn't up for a while. He'd be leaving a lot of money on the table. However, I know he has got to be annoyed with what happened over the Goodell/Podcast thing.

Why don't you use capital letters?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

I don't think he can leave and still be competing with ESPN in any way until his contract is up. I thought that was 3 years away.

SDC

Post by SDC »

carey wrote:
SDC wrote:this all happened after bill simmons was suspended by espn/disney:

Hmm, I didn't know about any of that. I would say no since ESPN just gave Simmons his own basketball show. Plus his deal isn't up for a while. He'd be leaving a lot of money on the table. However, I know he has got to be annoyed with what happened over the Goodell/Podcast thing.

Why don't you use capital letters?
i type so fast i always forget to use shift key.