Daredevil

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Ladmo

Re: Daredevil

Post by Ladmo »

Indy wrote:
Ladmo wrote:I waited until I purchased a 4K TV until I watched this.
You must either sit really close to your screen, or have a 150" screen. I think the 4K resolution only becomes noticeable for people with 20/20 vision if you are 10' away at that size. Even if you only 6' away (which is really close), you need a 70" screen to see minor differences (you need an 8' screen at 6' away to see all of the differences).
It's a 55 inch, and there is a noticable yet subtle difference to me. Yeah, I know the experts say you really don't notice much of a difference unless the screen size is over 65 inches, but I can honestly say that isn't 100% so. I see pores on people's faces clearly, the color is more vibrant, and there is a greater depth in the darkness, which is really noticable with a show like Daredevil.

I'll be honest though, I wish I would have waited a little longer and gotten a larger screen, now that the prices are dropping for the bigger sets too. I'm not totally crazy about Samsung Smart TV either. Amazon Prime and Youtube don't always work as well as they should. Netflix is fine though.

I showed my sister the tv for the first time and played for her a 4K demo which showed a bunch of thrill rides, and she almost fell over, saying that she felt like she was on the rides the picture was so clear. I'm watching regular HD right now and I can tell you that it isn't close to what 4K looks like. It does upconvert, but it the difference is noticable to me.

But you have the right idea, wait and get a 65 inch or larger as the prices continue to drop.
Forcing me to conform to your beliefs is an exercise in futility.
You deal with you, because you can't stop me from being me.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Phoeknicks

Post by Phoeknicks »

Oh. Mamma got you!

DareDevil Season 2 Official Trailer
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” ~ Albert Einstein