Mayweather vs. Pacquiao!

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Wally_West

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao!

Post by Wally_West »

Who is watching and who ya got!?

Flagrant Fowl

Re: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao!

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It's not worth watching unless you enjoy long, boring fights that end in a decision.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm getting ready to head out to Pechanga and play poker and watch it there. I haven't been following who is favored but I'll be rooting for Pacquiao. Can't get behind a guy with a history of domestic violence against women. In fact, I'll be rooting for him to get his face caved in. Also can't stand the way the guy flaunts his wealth.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/m ... nned-fight
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone wrote:I'm getting ready to head out to Pechanga and play poker and watch it there. I haven't been following who is favored but I'll be rooting for Pacquiao. Can't get behind a guy with a history of domestic violence against women. In fact, I'll be rooting for him to get his face caved in. Also can't stand the way the guy flaunts his wealth.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/m ... nned-fight
Yep! I absolutely agree. Rooting for Pacquiao as well but I do think Mayweather wins.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:It's not worth watching unless you enjoy long, boring fights that end in a decision.
There is always Age of Ultron. ;)

TOO

Post by TOO »

Wally_West wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:It's not worth watching unless you enjoy long, boring fights that end in a decision.
There is always Age of Ultron. ;)
Underwhelmed. :(
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I only watched the last three rounds, but it sure looked a lot like neither guy was interested in actually fighting. Get ready for another overhyped Mayweather fight coming in September. See if he has any new dance moves ready for that one.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, what a let down.
"Be Legendary."

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Was it that bad? I wanted to uhhh, find it legally online right now, but I'm thinking I should just go play GTA.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ghost wrote:Was it that bad? I wanted to uhhh, find it legally online right now, but I'm thinking I should just go play GTA.
GTA by a country mile.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

This is why I've shifted my time towards watching MMA. Boxing has become a joke.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Post by carey »

Shit fight. Bored to tears. Glad I didn't shell out money for it. I feel like they fleeced the world for $300M. They win, fans lose. I'm bummed about MMA right now too because of Jon Jones. I don't know why he did what he did but I was a big fan of the way he fought. I use the past tense because I don't think he ever fights again.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Typical Mayweather fight, but I also feel like both were doing it for the money. That's probably why Manny hid the injury and didn't look to postpone it. If it got postponed, it probably wouldn't have happened at all and there's no way you leave $120mil on the table. Plus, Manny's lost the eye of the tiger. He's not the ferocious fighter he was 10 years ago.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Of course they were doing it for the money; if they had really wanted this fight, it would have happened long ago. Mayweather fought smart, which isn't always exciting. Pacquiao, assuming the shoulder injury is real, screwed a lot of fans into wasting a lot of money on a fight he wasn't prepared to fight because of that.