NBA2k16

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Danimal

NBA2k16

Post by Danimal »

Any 2k fans here?

If so, I wanted to create a place where we could post thoughts and tips. I always play with the suns in Franchise mode of course

Superbone

Re: NBA2k16

Post by Superbone »

Danimal wrote:Any 2k fans here?

If so, I wanted to create a place where we could post thoughts and tips. I always play with the suns in Franchise mode of course
I haven't been keeping up. What are supposed to be the big new features this year?
"Be Legendary."

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I haven't found much yet

The link below mentions a few things. Usually they announce this kind of stuff closer to the release date

But it seems as though 2k16 will feature a summer league. I assume that is for my career mode.

http://nba2k16game.com/

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

I might buy it when it's half price. $60 is a bit salty.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

NBA2K became stale for me once they removed the online 5v5 squads for the MyPlayer mode a few years back. That was the most fun I've had playing any basketball game.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Indy

Post by Indy »

I found a tape (yes an actual VHS) of the game against Indiana that year. I think we won by 30-something. I had to go to Goodwill to get a VCR to play it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

About time is right! Now we just need the 92-93 team and 75-76 team.
"Be Legendary."

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

and 94-95 team w/ Barkley, Manning, Green, Tisdale, etc etc
~~~~~

carey

Post by carey »

Kemba Walker is rated the same as Dragic. Bledsoe is a point better than Goran. D. Rose is rated higher than all of them when he shot....40% last year and a dismal 28% from 3. Who makes up those ratings?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Kemba Walker is rated the same as Dragic. Bledsoe is a point better than Goran. D. Rose is rated higher than all of them when he shot....40% last year and a dismal 28% from 3. Who makes up those ratings?
The developers. Visual Concepts in this case.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Just ordered my copy for PS4. Supposed to get it next Friday.
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

i'm a fan, but i usually play my player only, and given that i prefer creating a pg character, it's always hard to get onto the suns. i'm still on ps3 and starting with 2k15 the game play for ps3 is different than ps4, i suspect that that will continue for 2k16 so ... feeling kinda left out.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Time to join the 21st century and upgrade to the PS4!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:Time to join the 21st century and upgrade to the PS4!
Pretty sure the PS3 was released this century. Hell even the PS2 was released this century. Image

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Played my first Suns game and already spotted an error on the court. It has Talking Stick Resort Arena on the court but it still has US Airways Center on the bottom of the center scoreboard.
"Be Legendary."

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Superbone wrote:Played my first Suns game and already spotted an error on the court. It has Talking Stick Resort Arena on the court but it still has US Airways Center on the bottom of the center scoreboard.
PS3 or 4?

Just realised after all this time that Sonny Weems was in 2k15, on his Euro team

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Danimal wrote:
Superbone wrote:Played my first Suns game and already spotted an error on the court. It has Talking Stick Resort Arena on the court but it still has US Airways Center on the bottom of the center scoreboard.
PS3 or 4?

Just realised after all this time that Sonny Weems was in 2k15, on his Euro team
PS4
"Be Legendary."

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

I just got my XBOXONE NBA2K16 from my buddy. (he has connections to 2K Games ;)) Haven't played it jet. On the retro it says that you can play with up to 10 Players on XBOX Live. It would be cool if we could organize a game between phx-suns.netters. Who has an xbox one?

Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

I have one, but I don't think I'm going to purchase it this year. I was really disapointed with 2k15. The My Player mode was weak, I thought, compared with the 360. It's impossible to actually have your teamates perform up to their abilities most of the time. I read a lot of bad reviews that mentioned the same kind of issues I had with the game.

I just got really frustrated with it, so I'm waiting to read the gamer reviews before I shell out for it again. It bugs me too that you can't transfer your previous My Player charactor from the previous season. I feel like I put in all this work for nothing, and I spent a little money for virtual currency to bring up my levels too, and then to just chuck it all out for what, updated rosters?

Playing with a bunch of people on the same team would have to be coordinated well also, wouldn't it? Wouldn't everyone want to play point to have the ball in their hand?

Anyway, I'm interested to hear your review of the new game.
Forcing me to conform to your beliefs is an exercise in futility.
You deal with you, because you can't stop me from being me.