What TV shows are you guys watching?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
SDC

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by SDC »

Shabazz wrote:I have issues quitting shows once I've invested time into them.
when did you realize that The Strain is not too good? Episode 10?

I have no problem quitting on shows, even with all the hype they get. Stopped watching The Leftovers after episode 3.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Watching the new Netflix Original Series, Bojack Horseman. Hilarious. After about 9 episodes, it becomes very dark and serious (with the humor still mixed in at times). Highly recommend.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Indy wrote:
Wally_West wrote:Anybody watch Boardwalk Empire?
never seen an episode but always hear good things. Do you watch it? If so, do you recommend it?

Sent using Tapatalk
I think the show is fantastic and I would recommend it but it is not for everyone. I have friends that have found it too slow and thought it can drag too much but I still think it is a very good show. Season 3-4 were really good.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Scorpion looks good, yes? a show about geniuses and high IQ types solving crimes and problems.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wally_West wrote:
Indy wrote:
Wally_West wrote:Anybody watch Boardwalk Empire?
never seen an episode but always hear good things. Do you watch it? If so, do you recommend it?

Sent using Tapatalk
I think the show is fantastic and I would recommend it but it is not for everyone. I have friends that have found it too slow and thought it can drag too much but I still think it is a very good show. Season 3-4 were really good.
got it. Thanks. I'm not too worried about shows being too slow. I worry about them being too poorly written

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:Thanks. I'm not too worried about shows being too slow. I worry about them being too poorly written
It's hard to keep the writing consistent in an ongoing Tv show. I think BE does it better than most, but it is still hit & miss sometimes. They aren't afraid to kill off a character or two which I like.

I thought the Scorpion pilot was a whole lot of fun. A couple of groaners / cheesy bits but the action was top notch. It was directed by Justin Lin (Fast & the Furious.) I'll definitely be recording the season hoping they can keep up the fun.

Some current shows I really enjoy, all with their own flaws of course: The Good Wife (probably the best network adult topics show), GoT, Sherlock, Elementary, Castle (another show that's just fun because Fillon is such a ham), AoS, Arrow, the Flash pilot was pretty fun, ditto the Constantine pilot, Scandal for sheer craziness, SoA, Graceland, Key & Peele, South Park, and The Blacklist. It's hard to keep up with all of those. I have had to drop shows I used to watch like Mad Men and The Walking Dead.

Of course, the best nightly show on Tv right now is @Midnight on Comedy Central. It never fails to have me laughing my ass off.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by Indy »

@Midnight is wonderful. I really like The Meltdown too.

And Married on FX is great if you are in your thirties and have kids. Otherwise it might not ring true to you.

Indy

Post by Indy »

What is AoS?

SDC

Post by SDC »

Indy wrote:What is AoS?
the marvel thing.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Got it. Thanks.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

SDC, Aaron Paul plays the voice of one of the main characters on Bojack Horseman (Todd) and is the Executive Producer. I know it's a big project of his and I think you'd dig it.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Sons of Anarchy just started back up for its last season.

The Bridge is almost done with its 2nd season, and I'm on episode 2.05 right now. Best theme song in television history. It gets me every time.

Parenthood just started back up for its last season last night, so I'ma watch that tonight.

SDC

Post by SDC »

AmareIsGod wrote:SDC, Aaron Paul plays the voice of one of the main characters on Bojack Horseman (Todd) and is the Executive Producer. I know it's a big project of his and I think you'd dig it.
thanks. i saw the first episode of bojack, and didnt really like it that much.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Well screw you then. I'm going home.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Super bummed I waited so long to get into the Blacklist. Trying to hammer through season 1 to get caught up. Megan Boone.. Yum.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

To be fair, Bojack Horseman takes about 4 or 5 episodes to really set in. It truly follows sequence and the first 4 or 5 episodes really build all the characters and back story. It's different from most any animated show I've seen in that, yes, though a comedy, each episode follows one another in moving the story along and the show ends up become a dark reflection on Bojack's life and him clinging to any form of redemption he can to right his wrongs. Most critics agree that the show is at its best the final 5 or 6 episodes.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Super bummed I waited so long to get into the Blacklist. Trying to hammer through season 1 to get caught up. Megan Boone.. Yum.
I told my wife she reminded me of Chuck's sister. We're in the same boat, watching S1 on Netflix and DVR'ing S2.

Finishing up Season 5 of Justified. Got into it late as well, great show.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Dan H wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Super bummed I waited so long to get into the Blacklist. Trying to hammer through season 1 to get caught up. Megan Boone.. Yum.
I told my wife she reminded me of Chuck's sister. We're in the same boat, watching S1 on Netflix and DVR'ing S2.

Finishing up Season 5 of Justified. Got into it late as well, great show.
I watched the first season of Justified and it didn't grab me. Does it get better or just follow the exact same formula every episode like it did in season 1?

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

First season was more bad guy of the week, the latter seasons have been more ongoing interconnected arcs with various criminal groups. There are still weekly guys once in a while but they are usually linked to the overall story.

carey

Post by carey »

Season 2, the Mags Bennet season, is among the best Tv has to offer.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!