What TV shows are you guys watching?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
carey

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by carey »

Damn. The Rick & Morty finale was dark.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

And how messed up is Earth now??
Spoiler: show/hide
I wonder 2 things; Is Evil Morty going to make a come back? And technically, isn't the Bird Person that Rick really knew still alive and well in the Universe where they Croenenberged the planet?

carey

Post by carey »

It certainly seemed like they dropped the evil Morty storyline this season, but I have a feeling it will all be connected. Maybe they wind up working together against the GF.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I started watching the new American Horror Story series, Hotel, but it was just way too sick and twisted for me. It was all shock value and no substance. I just shut it off and cancelled my season pass. I've watched all seasons until now but they've lost their touch and picked up a sledge hammer.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:I started watching the new American Horror Story series, Hotel, but it was just way too sick and twisted for me. It was all shock value and no substance. I just shut it off and cancelled my season pass. I've watched all seasons until now but they've lost their touch and picked up a sledge hammer.
Have you seen Murphy's new show Scream Queens? Talk about no substance but I can't stop laughing at it. It's wonderful satire in the more twisted of Heathers (which is a classic imho, "I love my dead gay son" but a rough watch in a post Columbine society.)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I watched a few seasons of American Horror Story and have come to hate it. The same cast rotating around through different corny roles, dumb overall plot setup, horrible endings every season. I think they had 1-2 good seasons and haven't known what to do ever since. Done with that show.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:I started watching the new American Horror Story series, Hotel, but it was just way too sick and twisted for me. It was all shock value and no substance. I just shut it off and cancelled my season pass. I've watched all seasons until now but they've lost their touch and picked up a sledge hammer.
Have you seen Murphy's new show Scream Queens? Talk about no substance but I can't stop laughing at it. It's wonderful satire in the more twisted of Heathers (which is a classic imho, "I love my dead gay son" but a rough watch in a post Columbine society.)
I didn't know anything about it but couldn't get through the first 5 minutes. Didn't even know Murphy was involved.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Yeah its definitely not for everyone. It's a farce and it's totally skewering millennial culture. I laughed so hard this week.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:I watched a few seasons of American Horror Story and have come to hate it. The same cast rotating around through different corny roles, dumb overall plot setup, horrible endings every season. I think they had 1-2 good seasons and haven't known what to do ever since. Done with that show.
I have an issue not finishing a tv series or book series once I start it. No matter how bad it gets, I still finish because I can't stand to not. That said, this was the show that taught me to just stop. I am so glad I did.

I do give each season a couple episodes to grab me, but besides Season 1, no season has been good. I have to admit that I did watch all of last season, but once the clown character was gone, it wasn't interesting anymore.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I just finished season two of The Knick. I'm pretty happy with the way it ended and I don't really want them to come back for a third season. I'd be interested in a spin off of sorts, but I think the show has reached it's limit with Clive Owen.

All said, fantastic show, and I highly recommend it to anyone with the stomach to bare the surgery scenes. See what I just did there?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Before I proceed, I just want to say that Netflix is killing it with their original programming lately. Watched the first episode of Making a Murderer tonight. A friend recommended it to me and it is phenomenal. He made the comment that it gets better and better and is more entertaining than most fictional shows, which is crazy considering the entirety of it actually happened (it's a documentary for those who haven't heard of it).

Don't spoil it by reading about the case. I've held off and am looking forward to the next 10 episodes.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Post by carey »

Making a Murderer will make you lose whatever faith you have in our justice system.

I would also recommend River with Stellan Skarsgard & Master of None with Aziz Ansari.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Master of None was great. F is for Family is really good (animated). Bill Burr plays the voice of his father and it takes place in the early 70's.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

Just finished MaM a couple days ago. I thought it was a great show.
Spoiler: show/hide

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Anyone watch Luther?

carey

Post by carey »

Dan H wrote:Anyone watch Luther?
Yes. Bummed all we got was 2 episodes for season 4.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

I need to finish Season 3.

When it's on, it's on, and the psychological aspects of the show are great. But it seems like when they try to do some big overt threat it falls a little short. I don't know, maybe it's just a cultural thing but the D&D psycho with the squirt gun and hammer just struck me as more laughable than anything else.

I was literally siting there watching that episode thinking, "Walt Longmire would have shot this guy by now." LOL.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the show for the most part.

carey

Post by carey »

I enjoy British cop shows because their detectives aren't allowed to carry a firearm. It is interesting to watch how they handle various threats. I'm not sure if Wire in the Blood is on Netflix but check into that if you like British cop shows. That one has more of a psychological focus though. It is also kind of old & feels dated when watching.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:I enjoy British cop shows because their detectives aren't allowed to carry a firearm. It is interesting to watch how they handle various threats. I'm not sure if Wire in the Blood is on Netflix but check into that if you like British cop shows. That one has more of a psychological focus though. It is also kind of old & feels dated when watching.
The Fall is outstanding.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

And to amend my prior statement - the scene with the D&D attacker's twin and Luther in the trailer concluding the season was flat-out dynamite. So they definitely redeemed the laughability factor of the initial attack on the gas station.