What TV shows are you guys watching?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
carey

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by carey »

That's exactly it, Indy. He went from 10% function to 70% and he's a new man. She went from 100% to 70% and she's still in pain, gets winded easily, and is having weird blood pressure issues. He did get Pneumonia briefly after the transplant but is way better now.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
In2ition wrote:Have any of you watched Sense8?
2 episodes. I like the premise. I'm just not that into it yet so I'm watching it whenever I am bored basically. But really the list of stuff I watch immediately right now is limited to Mr. Robot and Rick & Morty. Hopefully that will change when the Fall season starts. There's a number of interesting shows I'm looking forward to.
It took about 3 episodes to really get going. Very heavy on character building this first season, as they are trying to get you into knowing them at a very intimate level. Pretty graphic stuff, but I thought it was very different from anything I've seen before and was excellent viewing.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

Thanks for the rec. I'm really bad about giving up on things that don't hook me immediately. I have a bazillion unfinished books. All the ones I do finish I give 4 stars or more on goodreads cause hey... I didn't quit you. I'll make sure to stick with this one.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:Thanks for the rec. I'm really bad about giving up on things that don't hook me immediately. I have a bazillion unfinished books. All the ones I do finish I give 4 stars or more on goodreads cause hey... I didn't quit you. I'll make sure to stick with this one.
I have just the opposite problem. I can't quit something even after it is clearly not worth my time. Case in point, 75% of Dexter, 90% of True Blood, 60% of American Horror Story, 50% of Homeland, etc.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I just started Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. Almost done season 1. Pretty good so far. I hear season 3 is amazing.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Indy wrote:
carey wrote:Thanks for the rec. I'm really bad about giving up on things that don't hook me immediately. I have a bazillion unfinished books. All the ones I do finish I give 4 stars or more on goodreads cause hey... I didn't quit you. I'll make sure to stick with this one.
I have just the opposite problem. I can't quit something even after it is clearly not worth my time. Case in point, 75% of Dexter, 90% of True Blood, 60% of American Horror Story, 50% of Homeland, etc.
I'm the same way. I get stuck if the first season is good. "The Strain," for example, was such hot garbage in season 1 that I was able to bail before season two started.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Indy wrote:
I'm the same way. I get stuck if the first season is good. "The Strain," for example, was such hot garbage in season 1 that I was able to bail before season two started.
I did the same (but to my detriment) with Justified. The first season was basically the exact same episode every single time. I quit after 6 or 7. But I hear people talk about how great it is after season 1.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Indy wrote:
I did the same (but to my detriment) with Justified. The first season was basically the exact same episode every single time. I quit after 6 or 7. But I hear people talk about how great it is after season 1.
YAS. Go back and just start at Season 2 ep 1. Worth it.

SoA...it goes downhill FAST after season 3. I stuck it out for some reason. Mostly just to see who lived and who died.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Indy wrote:
YAS. Go back and just start at Season 2 ep 1. Worth it.

SoA...it goes downhill FAST after season 3. I stuck it out for some reason. Mostly just to see who lived and who died.
I am sure it is, but for now it is out of the rotation. Maybe next time I have a break in something. Well, after Deadwood. I haven't watched that yet, but it is on my list for my next break in rotation.

carey

Post by carey »

There's rumblings of that long rumored Deadwood movie finally happening. Recent rumors.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:There's rumblings of that long rumored Deadwood movie finally happening. Recent rumors.
I heard that it just won't happen because some of the regulars are under contract with strong competitors of HBO.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Shabazz wrote:
Indy wrote:
Season 2 of The Strain has been great thus far.

And Justified is one of the greatest shows of all time, period. It took them a year to get their feet under them, which is odd because Season 1 was the one based on the source material from Elmore Leonard, but once they started developing the plot line from there it really took off.

I hemmed and hawed around on watching the final season because the description didn't sound that great on my DVR, when I finally started watching I finished the whole season in three days.

Indy

Post by Indy »

And Justified is one of the greatest shows of all time, period.
That is a pretty bold statement. I haven't heard anyone say that yet.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Dan H wrote: Season 2 of The Strain has been great thus far.
Did you like season 1?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This isn't the fastest show, but Longmire is pretty decent and underrated. I can sort of relate to the area of the country and the lifestyle though, having grown up in that area.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
I agree but my caveat is post mid 80's when I really started watching Tv. I can't really compare it to stuff that was on in the decades before that. I would say as far as dramas it's up there with things I've seen. MASH. Twin Peaks. Deadwood. NYPD Blue.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote:
I agree but my caveat is post mid 80's when I really started watching Tv. I can't really compare it to stuff that was on in the decades before that. I would say as far as dramas it's up there with things I've seen. MASH. Twin Peaks. Deadwood. NYPD Blue.
Similar caveat on my end. Never watched Twin Peaks or NYPD Blue, though.

I watched Season 1 of The Strain, though it was just okay, but stuck with it because in the trilogy the second book is the best one. I actually didn't like the way the books ended, but based on the way they've made some changes to the book 2 plot it's looking like my issues with book 3 might be no worries as far as the TV version goes.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Twin Peaks was a very interesting first season and a complete mess in season 2. When I think about the best dramas of all time they are:

1) The Wire
2) The Wire
3) The Wire
4) Breaking Bad
5) Homeland (if you stop at season 1)
Last edited by Indy on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

carey

Post by carey »

Yeah. The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Mad Men are all modern classics. I have a hard time finding network shows.

I know I'm in a minority but I think Lost would be on a list of greatest shows ever. Possibly The X-Files as that really changed genre television & how it was viewed.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:Yeah. The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Mad Men are all modern classics. I have a hard time finding network shows.

I know I'm in a minority but I think Lost would be on a list of greatest shows ever. Possibly The X-Files as that really changed genre television & how it was viewed.
I think that Lost was amazing until the last season. And honestly, I was good with how the final couple episodes went, but the entire last season was clearly a departure from the previous ones, and not well thought out.