What TV shows are you guys watching?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Phoenix219

Re: RE: Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by Phoenix219 »

carey wrote:
Nodack wrote:Sorry, I thought I was the only guy here who watched it.
I still watch but only when I'm bored & caught up on other shows. Really the whole show should have ended at the season 5 finale. It was a really solid 5 season arc. The only reason i watch now is because of the brothers' relationship. Not having Jim Beaver on it anymore was a mistake in my opinion. Fantastic character actor that served as the surrogate father. Idk if it was budget cuts or whatever but they should have kept him.
I think originally it was to try to bring it back to the basics of the boys by themselves with no help, but that never lasts. :P It also helps to have establish real stakes for the characters other then Sam and Dean.

This year really should have been the ending. There is no where left to go. It would have narratively wrapped up the entire show from the pilot to the S11 finale. Two tweaks to the ending and the removal of the pointless cliffhanger, and it would have been an absolutely perfect wrap up. Then the Supernatural niche could have been taken by Constantine, and given the CW a 5 day a week shared comic book universe. It would be fitting, since Supernatural was inspired so much by Hellblazer to begin with.

Mori Chu

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by Mori Chu »

Anybody else here done watching Mr Robot season 2? I was pretty disappointed. Plot felt like it was spinning its wheels for most of the season. Too much, "Is this real or is Elliott imagining it all?" And too much sitting around and basically reminiscing about season 1 rather than actually new events. I hope season 3 is better.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Anybody else here done watching Mr Robot season 2? I was pretty disappointed. Plot felt like it was spinning its wheels for most of the season. Too much, "Is this real or is Elliott imagining it all?" And too much sitting around and basically reminiscing about season 1 rather than actually new events. I hope season 3 is better.
I agree. I liked season 1 a lot better. Pretty amazing how different the two seasons were though.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I haven't started Season 2 yet, but I get the feeling they blew their load last year. Once you start to learn the reveal, it gets less interesting.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Everybody keeps saying that I need to watch Atlanta. Anybody seen it? Do you recommend it? Is it a comedy or drama or what?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Everybody keeps saying that I need to watch Atlanta. Anybody seen it? Do you recommend it? Is it a comedy or drama or what?
I've heard of the city but not the show.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Everybody keeps saying that I need to watch Atlanta. Anybody seen it? Do you recommend it? Is it a comedy or drama or what?
I'm watching it. It is very hard to classify. It's not exactly funny but there are funny parts. I think Glover said he wanted to capture what it is like to be black in America right now. I obviously can't say with any certainty if he has done that but it is unlike anything else I've seen on Tv. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

What does everyone think of Luke Cage so far?

Any fall shows you're interested in? I think Designated Survivor is interesting. It's dealing with current topics like xenophobia head on.

I haven't really liked any of the other new shows. I can't wait for Westworld to start on Sunday.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:I can't wait for Westworld to start on Sunday.
Just recently discovered this and I am looking forward to it. Loved the movie.

I'm glad you reminded me! I thought I had a recording set up but I didn't!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What did you guys think of the Westworld premiere? I liked it a lot. Felt movie-quality (thanks, HBO), well acted, lots of mysteries and things to explore in future episodes. Definitely looking forward to the next one.

I love Sir Anthony Hopkins and the black scientist dude from Source Code. But the guy who played Dolores's father stole the show to me.

carey

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:What did you guys think of the Westworld premiere? I liked it a lot. Felt movie-quality (thanks, HBO), well acted, lots of mysteries and things to explore in future episodes. Definitely looking forward to the next one.

I love Sir Anthony Hopkins and the black scientist dude from Source Code. But the guy who played Dolores's father stole the show to me.
Jeffery Wright. I always think of him as Basquiat bec it's the first film I ever saw him in. Loved the premiere. Loved the closing shot of Dolores killing the fly. No clue what Ed Harris is up to.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:What did you guys think of the Westworld premiere? I liked it a lot. Felt movie-quality (thanks, HBO), well acted, lots of mysteries and things to explore in future episodes. Definitely looking forward to the next one.

Jeffery Wright. I always think of him as Basquiat bec it's the first film I ever saw him in. Loved the premiere. Loved the closing shot of Dolores killing the fly. No clue what Ed Harris is up to.
Yep, enjoyed it as well. Sky high production values. Ed Harris' character is a mean son of a bitch psychopath.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I recently watched Fleabag on Amazon while I was on a trip and it was great. Totally not my normal thing, but incredibly well written and acted.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:I recently watched Fleabag on Amazon while I was on a trip and it was great. Totally not my normal thing, but incredibly well written and acted.
I've been meaning to check that out. I am a sucker for 4th wall breaking antics all the way back to ol' Zach Morris in Saved By the Bell. /TimeOut
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote:I recently watched Fleabag on Amazon while I was on a trip and it was great. Totally not my normal thing, but incredibly well written and acted.
I've been meaning to check that out. I am a sucker for 4th wall breaking antics all the way back to ol' Zach Morris in Saved By the Bell. /TimeOut
Never saw a single episode of that. And I didn't know anything about Fleabag before watching it.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Do I need to be high to enjoy it? Or is it still enjoyable without drugs? ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wally_West wrote:
Do I need to be high to enjoy it? Or is it still enjoyable without drugs? ;)
Ha!

I have only tried it sober, so I can't answer that without guessing.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Started watching Veep a couple of weeks ago. Already on season 3. Hilarious show. Highly recommend.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

That one is on my list, along with Silicon Valley. I still can't believe I haven't seen a single episode of either. I blame it on HBO Now not letting you DL shows for watching off-line. I do a lot of my show watching while on planes or in hotel rooms with crappy wifi.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Do you travel a lot for work?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton