What TV shows are you guys watching?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Mori Chu

What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by Mori Chu »

My GF makes me watch The Bachelor (ugh). Can't stand reality TV, especially faux romance like that.

We also watch Girls together, which we like a lot. Almost done with Season 2 now. Great show, if you haven't seen it. Really cleverly written and funny.

We finished Breaking Bad not too long ago and were really moved by it. One of the greatest TV shows ever.

carey

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by carey »

True Detective is amazing. Shameless season 4. Arrow on CW. GoT is starting next month. Blacklist. Justified. And of course Sherlock series 3 just aired last month.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

carey wrote:True Detective is amazing. Shameless season 4. Arrow on CW. GoT is starting next month. Blacklist. Justified. And of course Sherlock series 3 just aired last month.
True Detective is amazing, cant wait for sunday. Sad there is only 2 more episodes left. How do you see it ending?
You sold me two quier giraffes

carey

Post by carey »

JeffreyLee wrote: True Detective is amazing, cant wait for sunday. Sad there is only 2 more episodes left. How do you see it ending?
I honestly have no idea. I've watched some episodes more than once and there a lot of subtle clues, but Fukunaga and Pizzolatto have been very good at not tipping their hand.

The one thing that is weighing on my mind is the repeated imagery of the 5 men in a circle surrounding a body on the ground. It's in an episode where Marty's daughter is playing with dolls and it looks like one of the men is raping a woman while 4 men watch. There is a similar painting at Dora Lange's house with the 5 men on horseback (Klans-men?) surrounding a lone figure. Then of course there is Rust's beer-can men that he makes while giving the interview. You'll notice one is laying down flat while the rest are standing up around them. The beer is "Lone Star" and the yellow star on each figure is positioned where the head is.

Like I said, just a lot of crazy clues. Could all be red herrings.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I would also like to echo how awesome True Detective is. I think it might be the best thing on TV. And that’s good an observation Carey wouldn't have ever caught that, very interesting, now I definitely can’t wait for this week’s episode. I would recommend “Inside the episode” that HBO has on their YouTube channel with all their shows, where the creative teams behind each show discuss each episode, pretty good stuff.
Some other stuff I would recommend are Walking Dead, Arrow, Game of Thrones, and Mad Men. If you have a Netflix account I would say you need to check out House of Cards, it’s pretty damn good.

carey

Post by carey »

Yeah, I forgot to list House of Cards. I binged the second season in 2 days the other weekend when I didn't have my kids. It was epic.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

carey wrote:Yeah, I forgot to list House of Cards. I binged the second season in 2 days the other weekend when I didn't have my kids. It was epic.
Me too man. I think I saw episode 4-13 in one night. I wished I paced myself a little bit to enjoy it more and maybe ease the fact I have to wait a whole year for season 3 but oh well it was awesome anyways.

carey

Post by carey »

Wally_West wrote:
carey wrote:Yeah, I forgot to list House of Cards. I binged the second season in 2 days the other weekend when I didn't have my kids. It was epic.
Me too man. I think I saw episode 4-13 in one night. I wished I paced myself a little bit to enjoy it more and maybe ease the fact I have to wait a whole year for season 3 but oh well it was awesome anyways.
Definitely. I find that I actually enjoy binge watching more than normal watching. There are a few shows that I can't wait for & therefore must see live, like Community, True Detective, Justified and GoT. The others I usually save up 5 to 6 episodes then watch them all at once. Then save up another 5 or 6 then watch them all at once. I'm doing that with Banshee right now, which if you haven't seen is a bug fuck crazy show by Alan Ball (True Blood, Six Feet Under) about a convict pretending to be Sheriff in a small Pennsylvania town. Tons of T&A, action, violence. A lot of fun. I do it with Supernatural, TWD, Strike Back, Castle and other shows I don't really worry about staying current with or being spoiled of.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

carey wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Definitely. I find that I actually enjoy binge watching more than normal watching. There are a few shows that I can't wait for & therefore must see live, like Community, True Detective, Justified and GoT. The others I usually save up 5 to 6 episodes then watch them all at once. Then save up another 5 or 6 then watch them all at once. I'm doing that with Banshee right now, which if you haven't seen is a bug fuck crazy show by Alan Ball (True Blood, Six Feet Under) about a convict pretending to be Sheriff in a small Pennsylvania town. Tons of T&A, action, violence. A lot of fun. I do it with Supernatural, TWD, Strike Back, Castle and other shows I don't really worry about staying current with or being spoiled of.
Binge watching is the best. Buy a pizza, just act like a fat ass for the night and relax, doesn't get much better than that.

I'm curious, what are your thoughts on Agents of Shield on ABC? I don't want to sound like a Marvel hater or anything but that whole show just isn't for me. I've watched several episodes already and I just can't into it. The whole tone is uneven and it seems like they are trying too hard to make you like every character. I'll probably give it a few more tries near the end of the season but I’m just not feeling it.

carey

Post by carey »

Wally_West wrote: I'm curious, what are your thoughts on Agents of Shield on ABC? I don't want to sound like a Marvel hater or anything but that whole show just isn't for me. I've watched several episodes already and I just can't into it. The whole tone is uneven and it seems like they are trying too hard to make you like every character. I'll probably give it a few more tries near the end of the season but I’m just not feeling it.
I'm actually warming up to it. It's gotten better & better. The last episode before the break was fantastic. I enjoy watching it with my son (he's 8) and I find that he's able to follow it fairly well. I think in that sense, it's supposed to be somewhat of a family show and is a success in my eyes. Really, what they are attempting to do is difficult. They are trying to give you the feel of Avengers every week on a fraction of the budget and without actually being able to show the Avengers at all. Not an easy task. I think where they've failed is character development, which is odd for a Whedon show, but really, how involved has he been? I'm just now starting to care about the characters, which I should have cared about from jump street. No spoilers, but something major happened just before they went on break for the Olympics and for the first time I felt myself emotionally involved. That's a good thing.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Yeah I’ll probably give it a few more goes for sure. I heard rumors that the agents of shield cast will be in the new Captain America movie so that would be cool. What I’m really excited are the new Marvel shows that should be hitting Netflix by the end of the year,

TOO

Post by TOO »

I never knew sports and comics fans could co-exsist, much less be one in the same. Must've went to different highschool than me. :lol:
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I never knew sports and comics fans could co-exsist, much less be one in the same. Must've went to different highschool than me. :lol:
Lol, you would be surprise about how many hardcore sports fan are hard core geeks too.

carey

Post by carey »

Wally_West wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I never knew sports and comics fans could co-exsist, much less be one in the same. Must've went to different highschool than me. :lol:
Lol, you would be surprise about how many hardcore sports fan are hard core geeks too.
This. There were a number of years I didn't read comics cause I was ashamed to be seen as nerdy. Well nerds basically rule the world now. You don't get the internet, video games, & all these super hero movies that keep breaking records without us. :)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

I actually dig some of the geek culture, gaming (video and table top) and a lot youtube channels.

I do get the whole embarassed to be a nerd thing, I've been watching WWE sine I was 8, I'm 33 now soo.. :lol: It's only recently that its mainstream enough to be open about it, thanks social media.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Just finished the 2nd season of HOC, it was a very good 13 episodes. Starts off with a bang and ends leaving you wondering whats next. Pretty stoked its already been green lighted for season 3.

Looks like its time to start True Detective.

sunset rubdown

Post by sunset rubdown »

True Detective. Cannot wait for the 7th episode.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

carey wrote:True Detective is amazing. Shameless season 4. Arrow on CW. GoT is starting next month. Blacklist. Justified. And of course Sherlock series 3 just aired last month.
Arrow is great. Black Canary, Suicide Squad, Ra's Al Ghul, Deathstroke, and now the Flash spinoff? Amazing.

I've only watched the first 2 episodes of True Detective. Seemed a bit slow. I'm guessing it picks up?

Person of Interest and Almost Human are both good. Sleepy Hollow, but its season ended already. Supernatural Season 9.

Has anyone seen the cartoon Rick and Morty? Awesome, hilariously messed up cartoon. Think Futurama meets Back to the Future on Crack.

carey

Post by carey »

Phoenix219 wrote:Arrow is great. Black Canary, Suicide Squad, Ra's Al Ghul, Deathstroke, and now the Flash spinoff? Amazing.

I've only watched the first 2 episodes of True Detective. Seemed a bit slow. I'm guessing it picks up?
It definitely picks up. There is a 5 minute long tracking shot in episode 4 that may be the best single take shot I've ever seen.

Have you seen the first look at the Flash suit?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I was pretty impressed how awesome the new Flash suit looks.