Arizona Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
carey

Re: Arizona Cardinals

Post by carey »

Yeah. Palmer was money last night. Good win but Cards didn't cover. Was AZ -4.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Squeaked that one out. Long flight home for the Pelicans.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Pelicans?
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

I didn't catch that either.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Oops, I started with the Suns recorded and switched to the Cards when it started live. Then I switched back to the Suns at the Cards half time and then back to the Cards when that started back. After the Cards game I finished the Suns game.

Long flight home for the Bengal's and a short/long flight to SA for the Suns.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

10 and 2. Big Thursday Night Football game against Minnesota.

Nuff' said. Go Cards.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

If only our PGs could be as accurate as Carson Palmer..
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

As he throws a pass to nobody.

*crickets chirping*

No more running commentary. I'll be back after the game.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

FUCK

That was a gut check right there.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

11 - 2.

Bruce Arians is 32 - 13 in 3 seasons as our head coach.

.711 winning percentage.

Impressive. Best coach in Arizona sports history? Win a Superbowl this season and it would be VERY hard to argue.

Thoughts?

(Oh, and Palmer should be MVP, even though Cam will win it this season)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cam should be MVP. And BA can't be best coach in history of AZ sports until he's done it several years.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Well I thought that several seasons is 3 or more. And Arians has led this team to unparalleled success for 3 seasons now. What are you thinking Indy? 5 seasons with a 70% winning percentage and a few Superbowls? Bob Brenly won a World Series but that roster could have run itself and won a World Series. I think Bruce Arians has reshaped a fan base and organization along with Steve Keim. This run of success is hard to discount.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Steve Keim has a lot to do with it. He drafts well and signs so many one year wonder deals.

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:Well I thought that several seasons is 3 or more. And Arians has led this team to unparalleled success for 3 seasons now. What are you thinking Indy? 5 seasons with a 70% winning percentage and a few Superbowls? Bob Brenly won a World Series but that roster could have run itself and won a World Series. I think Bruce Arians has reshaped a fan base and organization along with Steve Keim. This run of success is hard to discount.
I would say that Arians "reshaped" the fan base about as much as Wisenhunt did. The fervor then was pretty crazy too. Remember "In Wiz We Trust" everywhere? But when that wore off, it was pretty bad. You can't say "best ever" in the moment. You have to look back at it. Right now the Cards have won nothing. Let's have them win a Superbowl and be in the Superbowl running 3 out of 5 years before we start anointing anyone.

Just my perspective...

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

AmareIsGod wrote:Steve Keim has a lot to do with it. He drafts well and signs so many one year wonder deals.

He has a helluvalot to do with, you bet. He's built a solid roster (in consulting with Arians) and seems to have a knack for reclamation projects who still have mileage left. The Raiders did that in their glory days.

Warner was a great story, but once he left, Wisenhunt seemed quite mortal as a coach and tactician.
Look what Arians did last year with his top two QBs on the IR.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

I agree, and not trying to compare the two anymore than saying we need to give it a bit of time before claiming he is the best AZ coach in the history of AZ.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
I agree, and not trying to compare the two anymore than saying we need to give it a bit of time before claiming he is the best AZ coach in the history of AZ.
Not just up until now, the greatest in the history of AZ. But going forward. Forever!

:lol:

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:Well I thought that several seasons is 3 or more. And Arians has led this team to unparalleled success for 3 seasons now. What are you thinking Indy? 5 seasons with a 70% winning percentage and a few Superbowls? Bob Brenly won a World Series but that roster could have run itself and won a World Series. I think Bruce Arians has reshaped a fan base and organization along with Steve Keim. This run of success is hard to discount.
I would say that Arians "reshaped" the fan base about as much as Wisenhunt did. The fervor then was pretty crazy too. Remember "In Wiz We Trust" everywhere? But when that wore off, it was pretty bad. You can't say "best ever" in the moment. You have to look back at it. Right now the Cards have won nothing. Let's have them win a Superbowl and be in the Superbowl running 3 out of 5 years before we start anointing anyone.

Just my perspective...
While the fervor was definitely at a fever pitch at the time you are describing Indy, that was only because we had been so inept for a long time as a franchise (heck, since we came here in 88, other than 98' when we beat Dallas in that Wild Card game, in Dallas, with Plummer) and we squeaked into the postseason (after a few blowout losses at the end of the season) and made our run to the Super Bowl. I think any team, past success or not, would have an uptick in their fanbase in that case.

Those weren't necessarily great teams and Whisenhunt was famous for playing it safe and trying to squeak out wins. I think he and Arians are completely different coaches and we've never seen this type of success from the Cardinals organization ever sustained over nearly 3 straight seasons. Comparing Arians to Whisenhunt is really like comparing an apple to a banana. Very different. These Cardinals have played with confidence and swagger since BA got here. Heck, they have a top 5 offense and top 5 defense this season and are literally breaking NFL records with their offense this season. This squad actually scares opponents. The Whisenhunt teams were one-dimensional and really Warner deserves all the credit for the success we had (which is testament to how great he was, working with horrible offensive lines every season, which eventually led to his retirement with a year left on his contract).

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

It's also worth noting that BA has won the NFL coach of the year 2 of the past 3 seasons.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I am not arguing with any of that. But you said it. It isn't even 3 full seasons yet AND no Superbowl appearance OR win. You can't be considered the greatest coach ever in AZ if you don't have a championship or have only coached for 3 seasons. It is just that simple to me.

Let's hope there is a Superbowl win this year, or soon, and that BA stays here for a long time (and continues his recent success).