Arizona Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Arizona Cardinals

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Wally_West wrote:This has to be Carson Palmer's last game as a Cardinal. It has to be.
Not sure there is an upgrade out there. Sam Bradford is available. :lol:
Seriously. There's about a dozen (maybe) competent quarterbacks in the NFL, and Palmer is one of them. It's just Cardinals luck that he shits the bed during the playoffs.

It's not hard to remember 2014 and what happened when they were rolling out guys who are barely qualified to hold a clipboard.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Wally_West wrote:This has to be Carson Palmer's last game as a Cardinal. It has to be.
Not sure there is an upgrade out there. Sam Bradford is available. :lol:
Seriously. There's about a dozen (maybe) competent quarterbacks in the NFL, and Palmer is one of them. It's just Cardinals luck that he shits the bed during the playoffs.

It's not hard to remember 2014 and what happened when they were rolling out guys who are barely qualified to hold a clipboard.
I don't think you can down-play his finger injury. Look at the stats before and after. It isn't about him choking. Look at how poorly the defense played yesterday. Panthers are just that good on offense.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I thought it was all about the offensive line not being able to protect him. He was pressured a lot while we never even got close to Newton.

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:I thought it was all about the offensive line not being able to protect him. He was pressured a lot while we never even got close to Newton.
Agreed. The Carolina D and O line did their jobs. The Cards D and O line did not.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Cardinals were destroyed all around. Palmer was one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL this year. He was awesome all year until his finger injury. I think the Cardinals would be complete idiots to get rid of Palmer.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Peterson fumbling, Fitzgerald dropping balls, Palmer throwing picks, Johnson blowing coverage. It was our best players making mistakes, no chance when that starts happening.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes you are the bug.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Traded for Jon Bones Jones UFC fighters brother Chandler from New England. Defensive End. 12.5 sacks last season. 26 years old. Stoaked!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Cap

Post by Cap »

Talk all summer was we'd have one playoff team. It wasn't the Dbacks and isn't looking like the Cardinals, so I guess that's good news for the Suns or Yotes.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I cannot believe they have ties in NFL football. And the Cardinals were lucky to get one.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1924 ... suspension

Any chance he's any good still? 2013 Darryl Washington would be awesome for this team.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1924 ... suspension

Any chance he's any good still? 2013 Darryl Washington would be awesome for this team.
They missed him a ton, and an argument could be made that they could have had a Super Bowl if he never got in trouble. It's a tough question, as he is(or was) very talented and when he was gone, Kevin Minter was the weak link of the defense. Will he be any good any more? Will the Cardinals forgive and give him another chance or are they still upset at him for letting them down? In the very least, he shouldn't affect their draft plans.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

After dumping Michael Floyd last season for the extreme DUI, Cards management would look foolish by bringing back Washington. From a purely practical standpoint, he's been away from the game three years and will be 31 in October. It would take him a better part of the season to get reaction time and read ability back where it needed to be.

With the drafting of Haason Reddick, the Cards may have indicated their plans for Washington.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

LazarusLong wrote:After dumping Michael Floyd last season for the extreme DUI, Cards management would look foolish by bringing back Washington. From a purely practical standpoint, he's been away from the game three years and will be 31 in October. It would take him a better part of the season to get reaction time and read ability back where it needed to be.

With the drafting of Haason Reddick, the Cards may have indicated their plans for Washington.
Not so fast... If I'm not mistaken, he would cost the Cards $10 mil cap hit if they cut him. He did serve his time away, has expressed his regret, and does not have anymore suspension time ahead of him. That is unless he does something dumb again. We're a country of giving 2nd chances, so maybe he get's another chance to show he's a changed man and can still play at a high level.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I had a feeling something was up with Bucannon when the Cards drafted Reddick and Baker. I thought Baker was basically a Bucannon clone in college, but we'll see if he can do it at the next level.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/931302549763837952

Fitz is just a Class Class act, with a possible 22 more games he definitely finish his career 2nd All Time in receiving yards
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Love Fitz.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/PFWeekly/status/945657038633361408

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Interesting, I wonder if Carson will call it quits. Regardless, QB of the future needs to be priority 1 this off-season.