Arizona Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
specialsauce

Re: Arizona Cardinals

Post by specialsauce »

Michael Crabtree was available. "Too expensive."

Allen Hurns became available. "Too expensive."

Jordy Nelson became available. Not a peep.

We lost Jaron Brown on a one year deal.

Pathetic.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:Aaaaaaaand we still don't have a WR.

AAAAaaaaand we just lost Tramon Williams, our only CB opposite PP, to the Packers. He wanted 3 mill per year, we offered 2. Roll.

What in the hell are the Cardinals doing this offseason? This is the most mind boggling offseason I've seen since they moved to UOP.
Don't conveniently forget that we addressed glaring weaknesses in the O-line. WRs are thin, as far as talent goes, and thus have a hugely inflated market value this offseason. Let's wait to trash the team until after the draft.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:

AAAAaaaaand we just lost Tramon Williams, our only CB opposite PP, to the Packers. He wanted 3 mill per year, we offered 2. Roll.

What in the hell are the Cardinals doing this offseason? This is the most mind boggling offseason I've seen since they moved to UOP.
Don't conveniently forget that we addressed glaring weaknesses in the O-line. WRs are thin, as far as talent goes, and thus have a hugely inflated market value this offseason. Let's wait to trash the team until after the draft.
Yawn. We had to. We signed 2 offensive lineman and restructured Iupatis gimp ass. He’s going to get hurt in training camp, dude should have retired last offseason.

You sound like an apologist like Jurecki. They put themselves in this position going into last year with a weak ass wide receiving corps, now they have no choice but to overpay. Love that they’re wasting Fitz’s likely last year in the league. We finally have a stud RB and we’re wasting him too.

The draft is a terrible draft for WRs.

I’m telling you right now if we don’t trade into the top 5 and nab one of the top QBs and we end up with Mason Rudolph or Lamar Jackson, I’m going to be so disappointed. We’ve refused to address the QB situation for years and instead just kept fooling ourselves that Carson is never going to get old or hurt. Now we’re left with however many games we can squeeze out of Bradford before he gets hurt. We’ve had so many years to make a move and draft a QB early, this year we have no choice.

You think the Rams regret moving up to get Goff? You think the Eagles regret moving up to get Wentz?

Better do it. I’ll be so pissed if we stand pat and take BPA or move back and act like no deals were available.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think if you have a guy you really love at QB, you need to move up for them. You're talking about a franchise guy that may man the position for 15 years. I would like to see AZ move up to #2 if possible. We'll see though, as they might really love Jackson.

They need a CB opposite of Peterson and WR corp is nearly barren. Christian Kirk is one heck of a receiver, even if he is only 5'11".
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

They just traded Veldheer and saved another 6.8 million dollars. All this salary they are shedding needs to go to use. I need to see them turn around and sign a WR and CB. That random chump from Carolina does not count.

carey

Post by carey »

Ya'll should take a look at Willie Snead. The Saints didn't tender him for some reason and he's an FA. He had a down year last year after not getting on track after a suspension cost him the first 4 games of the season. He's a fantastic possession receiver though.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

Yawn. We had to. We signed 2 offensive lineman and restructured Iupatis gimp ass. He’s going to get hurt in training camp, dude should have retired last offseason.

You sound like an apologist like Jurecki. They put themselves in this position going into last year with a weak ass wide receiving corps, now they have no choice but to overpay. Love that they’re wasting Fitz’s likely last year in the league. We finally have a stud RB and we’re wasting him too.

I’m telling you right now if we don’t trade into the top 5 and nab one of the top QBs and we end up with Mason Rudolph or Lamar Jackson, I’m going to be so disappointed. We’ve refused to address the QB situation for years and instead just kept fooling ourselves that Carson is never going to get old or hurt. Now we’re left with however many games we can squeeze out of Bradford before he gets hurt. We’ve had so many years to make a move and draft a QB early, this year we have no choice.

You think the Rams regret moving up to get Goff? You think the Eagles regret moving up to get Wentz?

Better do it. I’ll be so pissed if we stand pat and take BPA or move back and act like no deals were available.
How can you expect me to have a serious conversation with you when you call me an apologist like Jureki and start out with a yawn to begin your reply? How are we wasting David Johnson? He was out all of last season with a wrist injury and the offensive lineman we aquired are + specific to the run.

My issue is you levying complaints before the off-season has ended and before the draft has taken place. Pass judgement when we're going into training camp with a roster not meeting your armchair GM standards. The Cardinals and Keim are the only Arizona sports organization to consistently put together a winning team as of late, though I think Hazen is the best GM we have now in Arizona sports.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

How can you expect me to have a serious conversation with you when you call me an apologist like Jureki and start out with a yawn to begin your reply? How are we wasting David Johnson? He was out all of last season with a wrist injury and the offensive lineman we aquired are + specific to the run.

My issue is you levying complaints before the off-season has ended and before the draft has taken place. Pass judgement when we're going into training camp with a roster not meeting your armchair GM standards. The Cardinals and Keim are the only Arizona sports organization to consistently put together a winning team as of late, though I think Hazen is the best GM we have now in Arizona sports.
Sorry, I didn’t mean to be a dick. I hope you know I just get passionate with these debates and don’t mean anything personally. Just having fun. I’ll tone it down if it upsets you.

My point is that with all the talent gone at our positions of need and a weak WR draft, there is no outcome at this point that would satisfy me. Every possible acquisition left is incredibly underwhelming. Obviously there’s always a possibility a miracle happens and we pull a rabbit out of a hat and trade for a WR nobody knew was available. That is ridiculously unlikely.

I’ll save judgment on QB until after the draft, but anything short of trading up to get Darnold or Allen and I’ll be disappointed. This organization has always been lazy as fuck getting a QB. We got lucky with Kurt Warner, then dicked around with shitty QBs for a few years then got lucky again with Palmer. I’d love if we could just for once be set at the position for an extended period of time and learn from past mistakes.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

Sorry, I didn’t mean to be a dick. I hope you know I just get passionate with these debates and don’t mean anything personally. Just having fun. I’ll tone it down if it upsets you.

My point is that with all the talent gone at our positions of need and a weak WR draft, there is no outcome at this point that would satisfy me. Every possible acquisition left is incredibly underwhelming. Obviously there’s always a possibility a miracle happens and we pull a rabbit out of a hat and trade for a WR nobody knew was available. That is ridiculously unlikely.

I’ll save judgment on QB until after the draft, but anything short of trading up to get Darnold or Allen and I’ll be disappointed. This organization has always been lazy as f*** getting a QB. We got lucky with Kurt Warner, then dicked around with s*** QBs for a few years then got lucky again with Palmer. I’d love if we could just for once be set at the position for an extended period of time and learn from past mistakes.
You're good. Sometimes I read things the wrong way! I do agree re: QB's and the draft, etc.

Did you know: the last QB we drafted with any moderate NFL success was 20 years ago. Jake Plummer. Christ that's an insane amount of time with ineptitude!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Yep. For once I’d love to draft a QB who turns out great and have us be set at the position for 10 years.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:Yep. For once I’d love to draft a QB who turns out great and have us be set at the position for 10 years.
It sucks that we have 3 glaring holes at the moment.

Can our offensive line protect Bradford and his degenerating knees through the first quarter of the season?

Who's our WR2? We know Fitz will be our primary target, especially with a new, defense first head coach. You go with your best option very regularly. Health has never been a question with Larry. We can't afford to get him hurt from overuse. Teams are going to game plan for him weekly. The obvious choice is DJ as the WR2. Can he hold up as well? Everything about Fitz I said applies to DJ.

Long term quarterback. We've failed to find a young heir apparent for 20 seasons. Without Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer, guys resurgent late in their careers carrying bags of doubters and proving them wrong, you can't name anyone else that has had success since Jake Plummer.

This draft will make or break us.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

We don’t have a CB opposite PP either.

I hate our approach this year. Waiting for the draft when you have a legend at WR on his last legs and a QB with no legs, and a defense in its prime? Doesn’t fit to me. We should be in win now mode with the exception of grooming a QB on the bench.

Jurecki says Cardinals aren’t interested in OBJ. Then proceeds to mock anyone that replies in disappointment on twitter. Man he may be the worst sports analyst in AZ. Doesn’t like anyone remotely talented. Any FA inquiry is met with a mocking #dreamingisfree. Apparently we have the worst cap situation in the history of sports and seem to be the only team unable to maneuver under it despite making multiple cuts and getting Veldheer off the books as well.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

carey wrote:Ya'll should take a look at Willie Snead. The Saints didn't tender him for some reason and he's an FA. He had a down year last year after not getting on track after a suspension cost him the first 4 games of the season. He's a fantastic possession receiver though.
I’d take him as a third receiver

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:Michael Crabtree was available. "Too expensive."

Pathetic.
Dez Bryant was just released by the cowboys

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:Michael Crabtree was available. "Too expensive."

Pathetic.
Dez Bryant was just released by the cowboys
Well come on down dezzy boy!!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Does anyone else really want the Cardinals to draft Lamar Jackson or is it just me?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:Does anyone else really want the Cardinals to draft Lamar Jackson or is it just me?

I don’t trust dumb players. He made a dumb decision having his family represent him, and he had a historically low Wonderlic score. He’s not known as a cerebral player. I just don’t trust him

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don't care about the wonderlic, it didn't stop him from being the most productive QB in college the last 2 years. The guy is a freak physical talent. Michael Vick like.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:I don't care about the wonderlic, it didn't stop him from being the most productive QB in college the last 2 years. The guy is a freak physical talent. Michael Vick like.
So was Johnny Manziel.

You and I have vastly different priorities in QB. I don’t want Mike Vick he never won shit. I want my QB to be a leader, intelligent football player like every QB to win a super bowl in the history of the NFL just about. Don’t care about flash. That’s why they have positions like wide receiver, where you can just be a physical freak and succeed.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Manziel wasn't close to Jackson as an athlete. And having his family represent him and scoring low on the wonderlic doesn't tell me he can't be a leader. He can be a good athlete and an intelligent leader.