Arizona Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Arizona Cardinals

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Honey Badger don't scare. He'll be back as good as ever.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Cards ranked #1 in NFL this week. Don't get to see that very often. We've got a winner in town. I'm so band wagon on this.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Honey Badger don't scare. He'll be back as good as ever.
FF, check your PM's ;)
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Nodack wrote:Cards ranked #1 in NFL this week. Don't get to see that very often. We've got a winner in town. I'm so band wagon on this.
There's plenty of room! Pile up on that bandwagon :)
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

pickle

Post by pickle »

Honestly I didn't start following football until I left Phoenix, and the Cardinals had always been a laughing stock that I never paid much attention to the team. But yeah I'm pretty bandwagon on this too. I would love if there's a Cards Pats Superbowl.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I grew up in Phoenix and we didn't have a team. Everybody had to pick some other team to follow. In AZ it seems 75 % went with the Cowboys. I was in High School on a rain day in PE. We watched NFL films instead and they showed the Raiders and I fell in love with the bad boy image. I was a Raider fan for several decades. Eventually the Raiders became the official team of gang members and I lost interest in Football.

When we got the Cardinals I wanted to be a fan but, they were always the doormat of the league, which made it hard to be inspired. Jake Plummer brought some excitement to the valley and when they went to the Super Bowl a few years back I sort out of joined the bandwagon. Now with them being ranked #1 and on a huge roll it's hard to deny them their respect.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Same for me Nodack except for the Raiders part. I never glommed on to a team (my brother went with the Chargers) and thus never really followed football. But I watched the Packers massacre and I'll probably watch them from here on out this season.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

I'm rooting hard for you guys. I think the whole 2nd team thing as a fan is crap but I would be happy if you won instead of the Panthers, Hawks, or Pats.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:I'm rooting hard for you guys. I think the whole 2nd team thing as a fan is crap but I would be happy if you won instead of the Panthers, Hawks, or Pats.
Besides the Cards, the only team I would be happy about winning would be the Panthers. I would absolutely love a Cards vs Pats superbowl if the Cards win, and absolutely hate it if the Pats won. I would literally prefer the Cards not make it to the SB if the Pats end up beating them.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Strong words Indy. Why such hatred for the Pats? I have to say, as far as football is concerned I'm basically ambivalent between the Cards and the Pats since I moved to Boston from Phoenix and spent 13 yrs there before moving to China, and I started watching football on a more regular basis in Boston. I get that people around the league hate the Pats, but I'm not sure why...

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Well, that was ugly. Suns lost to the Lakers as well badly. What the hell!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

People hate the Pats because they have won enough already and they have the reputation as cheaters.

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:Strong words Indy. Why such hatred for the Pats? I have to say, as far as football is concerned I'm basically ambivalent between the Cards and the Pats since I moved to Boston from Phoenix and spent 13 yrs there before moving to China, and I started watching football on a more regular basis in Boston. I get that people around the league hate the Pats, but I'm not sure why...
They are based in the same area as ESPN, and ESPN slobbers all over them. That, and their seemingly awful human being of a head coach, and the numerous cheating incidents makes me strongly dislike them.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Any questions, pickle? :lol:
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

I understand the cheating angle. My only question is this, and it's an honest one, as I really don't follow football closely enough, but do other teams not steal signals and get whatever advantage they can get? Or do other teams never deflate the football a little bit if their QB likes it that way? Not saying the cheating is justifiable, for sure, but I wonder if this is a steroids in baseball type deal or Lance Armstrong drugging and winning type deal.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Since I'm not a particularly knowledgeable football fan I can't really justify this, but I really like Tom Brady (can't stand his wife though), and do hope that he gets one more ring before he retires. That would make his legacy complete. But I'd have to say, if the Pats and Cards meet in the Superbowl, I'd root for the Cards to win. I need a feel good Arizona sports moment this year and I don't follow baseball or hockey.

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:I understand the cheating angle. My only question is this, and it's an honest one, as I really don't follow football closely enough, but do other teams not steal signals and get whatever advantage they can get? Or do other teams never deflate the football a little bit if their QB likes it that way? Not saying the cheating is justifiable, for sure, but I wonder if this is a steroids in baseball type deal or Lance Armstrong drugging and winning type deal.
You are 'allowed' to steal signs live, during games (just like baseball). You are expressly prohibited from video recording the opposing team's sideline for use in stealing signs. They were warned several times (where other teams would have been punished without warning), and continued to do it.

As for deflate-gate, to me the issue is more of the cover up. I think of it more like a pitcher using something on the ball. It is cheating. I am sure others have done it. I hate the lying about it afterwards. If you are a true competitor, take your medicine when you are called out for cheating.

I don't hate Brady. I don't need to see him win anything else. He is already considered one of the greatest 10 QBs in history.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

And his wife... That's like waking up and winning the Superbowl everyday.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Indy wrote:You are 'allowed' to steal signs live, during games (just like baseball). You are expressly prohibited from video recording the opposing team's sideline for use in stealing signs. They were warned several times (where other teams would have been punished without warning), and continued to do it.

As for deflate-gate, to me the issue is more of the cover up. I think of it more like a pitcher using something on the ball. It is cheating. I am sure others have done it. I hate the lying about it afterwards. If you are a true competitor, take your medicine when you are called out for cheating.

I don't hate Brady. I don't need to see him win anything else. He is already considered one of the greatest 10 QBs in history.
Thanks Indy. I can always count on a fair breakdown from you.

I think Brady and Manning feel a bit like football's Bird and Magic. Guess I wanted Brady to be remembered as a greater QB than Manning, especially after losing two rings to Manning's little brother, which is why I'd like to see him win one more. But hell, what do I know about football...

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Playoffs. 7 to 6 at the half. Need to figure out a way to get a few 3 and outs on defense and have a few sustained drives on offense. They are killing us, time of possession, and we've failed to execute too many times on offense.