Arizona Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
AmareIsGod

Re: Arizona Cardinals

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:I am not arguing with any of that. But you said it. It isn't even 3 full seasons yet AND no Superbowl appearance OR win. You can't be considered the greatest coach ever in AZ if you don't have a championship or have only coached for 3 seasons. It is just that simple to me.

Let's hope there is a Superbowl win this year, or soon, and that BA stays here for a long time (and continues his recent success).
You're absolutely correct. I should revise my statement. BA has the potential to be the greatest coach in AZ history if he can snag us a Superbowl this season or next. I've just been impressed with his body of work, albeit limited (close to 3 seasons).
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

A Football Life: Bruce Arians

This aired yesterday. Awesome stuff. Here's all the video's / segments with HD included.

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

12-2 after tonight? Tough game on national TV yet again.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

The scary thing about last night's win is that the Cards easily could have had two more TDs had Brown not experienced a serious case of "dropsy."
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

LazarusLong wrote:The scary thing about last night's win is that the Cards easily could have had two more TDs had Brown not experienced a serious case of "dropsy."
I'm very glad they won but that game by Johnson likely cost me the fantasy championship.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Mathieu out for the season. Torn ACL. Fuck. Feel for the guy. Defensive Player of the Year and Comeback Player of the Year candidate and an example of a young guy turning his life around.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

some bullshit

sucks. AZ sports team curse strikes again.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:some bullshit

You give up that quickly? Have some faith in the team.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:some bullshit

You give up that quickly? Have some faith in the team.
Yeah. I think this is a deep team. As much as it will hurt, our offense is what is going to win a Super Bowl and there's room for improvement, which is scary. John Brown had 3 easy drops, 2 which would have been sure touchdowns. And David Johnson is erupting. One of the most officiant offensive players in some time.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They have it all going on. They did last year as well. If Palmer stays healthy they have a shot. If he goes down they are done. He is their Nash.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Sorry, I still think we have a good chance. Just saying AZ sports teams that are seen as front runners can never stay healthy. Something always happens. Whether this holds them back or not, well see.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:The scary thing about last night's win is that the Cards easily could have had two more TDs had Brown not experienced a serious case of "dropsy."
I'm very glad they won but that game by Johnson likely cost me the fantasy championship.
Yeaaaah, sorry about that. Just kidding. :D

Honestly, I was holding my breath every time the Lions had the ball just waiting for Abdullah to break an 80 yard score.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Indy wrote:
Yeaaaah, sorry about that. Just kidding. :D

Honestly, I was holding my breath every time the Lions had the ball just waiting for Abdullah to break an 80 yard score.
Me too! I just needed him to get a few more carries. It was way closer than it should have been after that 40 point game by Johnson.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Hell fucking yeah!!!! All that money spent by packers fans to watch that! :twisted:

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Better odds.

Cardinals winning the Superbowl this year or the Suns making the playoffs?

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:Better odds.

Cardinals winning the Superbowl this year or the Suns making the playoffs?
It is not even close. I think last time I looked the Suns had a <5% chance.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Winning the Superbowl though. That's a tough task. We're like 2 games out of the 8th seed in the West right now.

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:Winning the Superbowl though. That's a tough task. We're like 2 games out of the 8th seed in the West right now.
And only going down.

pickle

Post by pickle »

AmareIsGod wrote:Mathieu out for the season. Torn ACL. Fuck. Feel for the guy. Defensive Player of the Year and Comeback Player of the Year candidate and an example of a young guy turning his life around.
What's the Tyrone Mathieu story? Last time I followed him, he was still in college... Or if there's something I can read up, that'd be cool too. Thanks!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

pickle wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:Mathieu out for the season. Torn ACL. Fuck. Feel for the guy. Defensive Player of the Year and Comeback Player of the Year candidate and an example of a young guy turning his life around.
What's the Tyrone Mathieu story? Last time I followed him, he was still in college... Or if there's something I can read up, that'd be cool too. Thanks!
This is a pretty good article.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99562 ... ning-point

Also, when Arians announced in his press conference last week that Mathieu was out for the season with a torn ACL, you could hear in his voice as he paused several times that he wanted to cry.

He's mentioned several times that Mathieu was the best draft pick he's ever had and is his favorite player, as a person and after all he's overcome. I guess him and coach have a very close bond.

He shredded his ACL and MCL on his other knee almost 2 years ago and had to rehab hard to get back to where he was this year, playing 110%, top 3 in Defensive Player of the Year, likely the Comeback Player of the Year and in line for a few other accolades.