MST3K fans REJOICE!

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Ladmo

MST3K fans REJOICE!

Post by Ladmo »

If you haven't heard already, Mystery Science Theater 3000 is coming back!

A Kickstarter began a couple weeks ago, and it is already the second highest funded video project in Kickstarter history, and on track to break the current record!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ms ... gbackmst3k

Right now as of this posting, they have reached two of their goals, guaranteeing at least 6 episodes, with a current total of $3,510,797. If they can reach $5,500,000 in just 10 more days, they will make 12 episodes, and MOST importantly, they will begin to shop the show to different networks and online services in the hopes of making more!

Everyone who has worked on the show has been invited back, but there will be a new host, new voices for the 'bots, and new mads. I'm kind of bummed by that, I am a BIG Joel Hodgson fan, and I still dream of the day we get Joel back in the theater. But the new cast they have in place sounds very intriguing.

The new host will be Jonah Ray.
Hampton Yount will be the voice of Crow T. Robot.
Baron Vaughn will voice Tom Servo.
Felicia Day will play "Kinga Forrester" the daughter of Dr. Clayton Forrester.
And today it was announced that Patton Oswalt will play "TV's son of TV's Frank."

I've already chipped in my $55, which gets you a killer deal. You get a rare MST3K Kickstarter t-shirt, a DL of the first episode and live streaming during the premier, stickers, postcards, and exclusive wallpapers and ringtones.

They promise to have add-ons as well you can purchase daily.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ms ... video.html
Forcing me to conform to your beliefs is an exercise in futility.
You deal with you, because you can't stop me from being me.

Indy

Re: MST3K fans REJOICE!

Post by Indy »

Excited for this. Jonah is the perfect choice.

Ladmo

Re: MST3K fans REJOICE!

Post by Ladmo »

I don't know about him, but the entire cast seems pretty good so far, so I expect the writing to be pretty good.
Forcing me to conform to your beliefs is an exercise in futility.
You deal with you, because you can't stop me from being me.