San Bernardino Shooting

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Wally_West

San Bernardino Shooting

Post by Wally_West »

14 dead. This beyond sick. My mom's cousin and my sister's case worker work there and fortunately both okay.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html
Last edited by Wally_West on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mori Chu

Re: San Bernardino Shooting

Post by Mori Chu »

Yet another shooting. I like how the conservatives shout that this is about mental health when we don't even know anything about the perpetrators' mental health status. Yet another gun control argument ensues.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Not too far from my neck of the woods. Sick bastards. I'm just a moving target. I refuse to own a gun. Lets just keep doing nothing about this issue as a society.

WHEN IS ENOUGH, ENOUGH?!
"Be Legendary."

Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... e=facebook

Suspect ID'd in San Bernardino Massacre as Syed Farook

Syed Farook is one of three suspected gunmen who attacked a center for the disabled, killing 14 and injuring more on Wednesday.

CORONA, CALIFORNIA — Law enforcement officials have identified Syed Farook as one of the suspected shooters who attacked a center for the disabled in San Bernardino, California, according to NBC News. The Daily Beast has learned that the police have just executed a search warrant at a Redlands, California address—an address that belongs to Farook’s family.

Police pursued a car leaving from the Redlands address, Chief Jarrod Baraugan said at a Wednesday evening press conference. A male and female suspect were inside the car, and both of them have been killed. Both of the suspects were armed with assault rifles and handguns, Baraugan said. Police have apprehended a third man, but have not identified his relation to the attacks yet.

An eyewitness at the Inland Regional Center, where gunmen killed 14 and wounded at least 18 more, told police he saw a man leaving a meeting of county employees this morning, looking nervous. Poice officers named Syed Farook as that man in their radio communications. At approximately 11 a.m., at least two people entered the center and opened fire.

Farook was a business taxes representative for the California State Board of Equalization, according to his LinkedIn profile. He is a 2003 graduate La Sierra High School, and most recently studied finance at California State University Fullerton until 2013.

Records show Farook bought a two bedroom Corona home in March 2014. Farouk’s social media profile shows he is married and has at least one young child. His wife did not return messages left on Wednesday.

Farook lived at a home with his wife and children in Corona, California. The Daily Beast knocked on the home's door and was met by a man who said, “My name is Farook.” When asked if he knew Sayed, the man said, “Of course I know him but I have nothing to say.” When asked about Syed being named as a suspect, he said, “I have nothing to say.”

Behind Farook, was a brightly lit home with low-slung sectional couches and boxes for appliances. The smell of basmati rice cooking came wafting through the door. A set of womens sandals sat outside of the security door.

Five minutes after he answered the door, Farook got into a white car and drove away, answering questions again with, “I have nothing to say.”
Forcing me to conform to your beliefs is an exercise in futility.
You deal with you, because you can't stop me from being me.

Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-respond ... d=35535995

2 Suspects Killed After San Bernardino Mass Shooting

At least 14 people were dead and another 17 injured in a shooting Wednesday in San Bernardino, California, when a trio of gunmen who were heavily armed and "on a mission" opened fire during a function at a center for people with developmental disabilities, police said.

Up to three shooters, armed with assault weapons and "prepared to do what they did as if they were on a mission," opened fire around 11 a.m. at the Inland Regional Center, San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan said.

Investigators were still trying to determine a motive, but have not ruled out terrorism.

"We have no information at this point to indicate that this is terrorist related in the traditional sense that people may be thinking. Obviously at minimum we have a domestic terrorist type situation that occurred here,” Burguan said. The FBI later said that terrorism was a "possibility."

The suspects fled the scene and hours later, police found what they believed to be the getaway car in the nearby city of Redlands, California. When the car left a house there, they followed it and a chase ensued.

There was an exchange of gunfire and two of the suspects -- a man and a woman -- were killed. Police were in the process of searching the home in Redlands Wednesday night where one family member was believed to be an inspector for the San Bernardino Health Department, the same agency that was holding the event before the shooting.

Video of the scene of where police and the suspects exchanged gunfire showed what appeared to be one suspect's body lying in a San Bernardino street. The second was removed from the bullet-riddled vehicle.

The suspects were dressed in "assault-style" clothing and armed with assault rifles and handguns, Burguan said. One officer suffered non-life-threatening injuries in the shootout. San Bernardino police spokeswoman Sgt. Vicki Cervantes said earlier that the suspects may have been wearing body armor.

Police were still investigating the vehicle Wednesday night, and what was believed to be a pipe bomb recovered was found not to be an explosive, McMahon said.

Police detained a third suspect in a Redlands neighborhood after receiving reports that someone was jumping a fence, San Bernardino County Sherriff John McMahon said. But it was not clear if he had weapons or was involved in the shooting.

The initial shooting at the social services center lasted for just "a few minutes" before the suspects fled.

The majority of the casualties took place in one area of the "massive" facility that employs several hundred people, Burguan said. A lunch meeting was going on involving state and county employees as well as a number of organizations, he added.

The San Bernardino County Department of Public Health was having a banquet in the conference area where the shooting happened, according to the CEO of the facility where the shooting took place.

Five people were taken to the nearby Loma Linda University Medical Center, two of which were critical but stable, two of which were fair and the one who was still being assessed, according to a hospital spokeswoman. Six other people are being treated at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, though their conditions are unknown.

Federal agents from the FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the U.S. Immigration and CUstoms Enforcement Homeland Security Investigations team and the U.S. Marshals are all on scene providing support to San Bernardino County Sheriff’s office, which is the lead agency in this active shooter response.

President Obama was notified of the shooting while in Paris for the global climate summit.

"The one thing we do know is that we have a pattern now of mass shootings in this country that has no parallel anywhere else in world," he told CBS.

The Association of Regional Center Agencies, which represents Inland and 20 other regional centers, released a statement saying that they have not confirmed the identities of the dead or the motives of the shooters, but "what we do have are heavy hearts, knowing innocent lives were cut short."

They explained that there are no known threats against other regional centers, which they clarified treat individuals with developmental disabilities like autism, epilepsy and cerebral palsy. They did close eight centers early "out of an abundance of caution" though they did not specify the locations of those facilities.

A man whose wife works at the Inland Regional Center said that his wife saw a man she believed to be a shooter.

"The guy came in next to her office and I guess started shooting," said the man, who identified himself to KABC as Marc.

He said that his wife told him she locked herself in her office with others. When she and the others left the building, "they saw bodies on the floor," Marc said his wife told him.

Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

This first video is a video of a guy recording from his home. You hear a lot of gunshots and sirens, so I am assuming this is capturing the audio of the shootout between 2 of the suspects and the police.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=40c_1449109810
Last edited by Ladmo on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

Here's a photo of one of the suspects bleeding out from a helicopter view.

https://cdn.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_a_s/ ... c_rate=230

Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

I'm not sure if this is the same one or the other one, but it's another aerial view of a downed suspect.

[EDIT] It's the same guy from another angle. The other suspect is removed from the back of the vehicle in a later video I posted below.

https://cdn.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_a_s/ ... c_rate=230
Last edited by Ladmo on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

Video of dead subject removed from bullet ridden vehicle.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=df6_1449103979

Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

Video of dead subject next to a gun accrossed the street from the suspect vehicle.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7f2_1449103502

Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

I'm going to spare anyone videos of the victims in this. Some crazy asshole posted a video of the victims while screaming about how fake it is and how it's an obvious "false flag," and how we need to take to the streets and demand impeachment before Obama begins his "gun-grab."

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Superbone wrote:Not too far from my neck of the woods. Sick bastards. I'm just a moving target. I refuse to own a gun. Lets just keep doing nothing about this issue as a society.

WHEN IS ENOUGH, ENOUGH?!
I own a gun (.357), am proficient with it and recognize that it would probably be my best defense in a life or death situation (cerebral palsy, in a wheelchair - this kid's not running away! Lol...ugh).

However, due to my experience in shooting this gun (and others) at the range, I literally can feel its power - and it's not something that's attractive to me at all.

I thought Texas was the gun capital of the world till I moved to Idaho - the gun culture here somehow makes Texas's seem less by comparison to me. I'm probably painting with a broad brush here, but I get the feeling sometimes that some gun owners here (or anywhere really) almost want to be put in a situation where they can, you know, do their thing.

And maybe this will sound stupid to you guys, but I'm pretty damn sure that if it ever came down to it, that I'd rather have my life taken than be forced to (possibly) take another just to preserve my own.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Gotta love the world we live in today where news reporters are ringing the doorbells of suspects and victims asking if they knew the person killed or committed the crime. We live in a world of ratings and dollars based solely on capturing human emotion to things that are difficult to stomach or comprehend. It's no different than slowing down in traffic to look at an accident after bitching and complaining the prior half hour about "all the assholes slowing everybody down to look at an accident!"

The news is impossible to take at face value because every fact becomes a partial story with reinterpreted accounts based entirely on entertainment, fear or control. It's a sad state of affairs. Innocent people die, whether it be mass shootings or corruption from police and politicians or extremists and instead of searching for a solution, the rich get richer and profit off of our self inflicted demise.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

i used to shoot guns with friends growing up. It was fun. I was actually a really good shot. I went hunting for quail and dove several times. At one point I shot a rabbit and just wounded it. When I came up to it it was screaming out in pain. I had no idea rabbits could do that. That was the last time I ever shot at an animal and I have never owned a gun.

My uncle passed away awhile back and I was offered his entire arsenal of guns. I declined. I have never needed a gun in all my years to defend myself. I suppose if somebody came into my house wanting to do harm to me or if I was in a situation similar to the latest shooting attacks where I was a target I would probably wish I had a weapon but, that has never happened and for the vast majority of Americans never will.

Our world is and has always been a scary place. There are so many different opinions out there and now everybody has an Internet site spreading some kind of information or propaganda. ISIS has its own web sites where they recruit people from all over the world to fight for their cause. FOX News has its own web site where they recruit for their cause. There are a lot of different causes out there.

The Internet has been around for awhile. People still haven't learned that most of the the stuff posted is BS propaganda. How many of you have gotten spam email from somebody trying to scam you out of your money? We want to fight back against terrorism. The war is actually being mostly fought online and we are losing. Now days you just post misinformation and spam it. It becomes the truth for many. I just always assume everybody is out to screw me out of my money or are out to convince me of some other BS that isn't true to further their cause. The media is out for ratings and in some cases to further a political agenda like FOX News.

Gather the information from all sources you can and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle of all that BS.

How to stop violence? I don't think you can. Win the war against terrorism? Impossible. There will always be somebody pissed off enough to kill people for their cause. How do we stop our media or anybody else's media from taking sides and creating pissed of people with guns willing to kill for their cause? I don't think you can. Send in a million soldiers to kill ISIS and you just created a million more terrorists. Then we can all fight over who is to blame and fight that other war between the two party's back here in the states.

If I was a Muslim living in the Mideast I would probably be pretty pissed off at the west too. We invaded their lands and killed their people. We have been manipulating their countries for a long time because of oil and greed. We are the evil Christian super power out to get them from their viewpoint. It isn't too hard for ISIS to recruit for their cause. American media like FOX is telling us all that Muslims are are evil terrorists out to get us and we need to get the, before they get us. That is exactly what ISIS wants. It's almost like they are working together for the same cause, a holy war. As a non religious person it is hard to sit by and watch two cults try to start WWIII against each other.
Last edited by Nodack on Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Well said, Nodack.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Thanks Indy.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:Well said, Nodack.
Agreed.
"Be Legendary."

Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

Yeah, good stuff Nodack.

You know, I have been shot at several times in my life. Don't know if you remember me sharing my stories or not, but I mentioned quite a few through the years. Somehow I made it through all that shit without ever needing a gun. I do wonder sometimes where I'd be if I did have a gun during that period of my life, if I had shot back, who I may have killed, and would it have been worth it? Of course, had I been shot and killed, well maybe I'd have a different opinion... if the dead have opinions, that is.

I gotta' think I was better off not killing anyone. I really have no regrets, but that's me...

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Guys I have an issue I need to discuss with you

It seems now when a tragedy like this occurs the more important thing is people going to FB and commenting like the one below. In other words no one seems to give a shit about the victims aside from a token #prayfor. The important thing is to either give the appearance you're a good person or intellectual. When there was the Nepal earthquake a while back friends would rush to facebook and post up links asking to donate...when they themselves didn't actually donate. But they got their 50 likes and a false sense of achievement .

Back to this particular case below in italics, I feel like these kind of posts while having a point, serve to only cause anger between different groups. Because at this point its the event is so recent and the pain so raw. My interpretation was 'this is not about you, lives have just been ruined forever and you want to make it about you'.

A similar experience out here after the paris attacks where people out here began posting 'hey why do paris attacks get so much media and not others'. There was a point to what was being said but the timing and the way it was expressed just make it polarising and probably do little to bring people together.

For the post at the bottom, again I am from a very different background to the poster. I was on the verge of replying 'I am sure the victims families would agree that you have identified the main tragedy in this situation #prayforlikes' but feel like that achieves nothing. I worry we are losing our humanity a bit where the victims and their families seem completely forgotten in all these events and sometimes the immediate fb debates immediately after the fact just result on us turning on each other more. Why not everyone focus on the victims not on facebook
FBI investigating San Bernardino shooting as an act of terrorism. How about Colorado Springs?

Fawaz Kizhakkethil Sorry! that's a "Lone Wolf" incident... Its very obvious from the killers name and colour...

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Well said Danimal and reiterates the point I was trying to make in my somewhat "rant".
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton