Everything Soccer

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
TOO

Re: Everything Soccer

Post by TOO »

SDC wrote:i've never seen a player head that ball like van persie (at least not while playing pro evolution soccer). and that last robben goal was kinda selfish (he has an open teammate at the side).

#casillasOUT
PES.. oh how that game drives me crazy. Clutch and grab defense then derpy AI.. RAGE.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

SDC

Post by SDC »

i'm playing the ps2 version, where PES is better than FIFA. and it's the only game with the japanese national team.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Holy dinosaur, PS2?!

Pes 2014 isn't bad, its much better graphically than FIFA, just the gameplay and commentary are lacking. Plus licensing issues.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I've been playing the hell out of FIFA 14 on Xbox 360. The last time I played PES was back in my PS2 days about 10 years ago. I really can't stand EA as a company, but I can tolerate them just enough to play FIFA over PES. PES does look better, but FIFA wins in everything else.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

PES 13 was a piece of beauty on PS3. I've used it on PC and it is not the same at all. Fifa 13 and 14 are quite similar aside from 14 being a little more difficult to dribble.

Zeratul

Post by Zeratul »

Wow, Costa Rica beats Uruguay for the first time in 8 games... First time they score 3 goals in a WC game too... Quite a surprise!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Costa Rica is frisky. I'd be more willing to pull for them if it wasn't for this...

Disgraceful.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SDC

Post by SDC »

drogba came in and ivory coast immediately scored 2 goals (in similar fashion, low cross... header)

Zeratul

Post by Zeratul »

Drogba is kinda old now but he used to be a BEAST so I'm not too surprised...
Flagrant Fowl wrote:Costa Rica is frisky. I'd be more willing to pull for them if it wasn't for this...

Disgraceful.
yikes! :?

In other news, remember Paul the octopus oracle who predicted the results of matches in 2010 ? Well they are trying to do the the same thing with a camel right now...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqLKYWTCcAABhFr.png

SDC

Post by SDC »

i was kinda rooting for ecuador

TOO

Post by TOO »

Aside from the USA, I have no rooting interest in anyone but current Arsenal players (Joel Campbell WHAT?!) and potential Arsenal targets. Looking forward to seeing USA tomorrow and seeing Ozil vs Portugal early.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

TOO

Post by TOO »

My WC pick Germany looks amazing versus the CR7s. :)
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

What a miserable showing by Portugal. We should definitely be capable of getting 3 points out of that game. I don't think it will matter if we don't get a win against Ghana today.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wow. Just, WOW!

What an ugly, miserable, heart-stoping, MOTHERF*#%ING FANTASTIC GAME!

We can beat Portugal.

I'm 100% sure Jozy is out. I'm about 99.8% sure Dempsey has a broken nose.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

U S A! U S A!

What a game!
"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

TOO

Post by TOO »

Sooo... that USA match was fun, lose your "top" striker (Dempseys still better IMO) and your best CB and the kid who replaces him nets the winner, incredible. I have no voice, watched the match at a local Gunners chapter, great day.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Take a bow Memo Ochoa.. Wow.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

SDC

not soccer related but...

Post by SDC »

Kobe Laughs Off Klinsmann's Criticism As Comical

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... orts-teams
Kobe Bryant is rooting for the United States at the World Cup in Brazil, but that doesn't mean the Los Angeles Lakers star is on board with everything the team's coach, Jurgen Klinsmann, has said.

In an interview with ESPN, Bryant took exception to comments Klinsmann made in which he criticized what he sees as an American custom of sports teams catering to their star players.

"I thought it was pretty funny," Bryant said in Brazil, where he's taking in three World Cup matches. "I thought it was pretty comical, actually. I see his perspective. But the one perspective that he's missing from an ownership point of view is that you want to be part of an ownership group that is rewarding its players for what they've done, while balancing the team going forward. If you're another player in the future and you're looking at the Lakers organization, you want to be a part of an organization that takes care of its players while at the same time, planning for the future."

In an interview with The New York Times Magazine in December, Klinsmann questioned why a team like the Lakers would give the 35-year-old Bryant a two-year, $48.5 million extension when his best days on the basketball court are behind him.

"This always happens in America," Klinsmann, a native of Germany, said in the interview. "Kobe Bryant, for example -- why does he get a two-year contract extension for $50 million? Because of what he is going to do in the next two years for the Lakers? Of course not. Of course not. He gets it because of what he has done before. It makes no sense. Why do you pay for what has already happened?"

Bryant thinks the U.S. coach needs to take a look at the bigger picture when evaluating how teams in the U.S. operate.

"Jurgen is a coach, a manager," he said. "He's not a GM or owner of the franchise. When you look at it from that perspective, it changes a little bit. But you probably could have used another player as an example."
and this is why the lakers are a mess and will be so for the next 2 seasons. nobody wants to coach this team and star free agents will wait kobe out until after 2016.

SDC

Post by SDC »

SDC wrote:i've never seen a player head the ball like van persie (at least not while playing pro evolution soccer).