Game of fucking Thrones (SPOILERS)

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Mori Chu

Game of fucking Thrones (SPOILERS)

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow, this trailer has me so pumped. I cannot wait for 4/24/16. What did you guys think?

[youtube][/youtube]

I think we should just mark this whole thread as "SPOILERS" rather than trying to spoiler-tag-out individual posts or parts of posts. Talk about whatever theories / book stuff / GoT show stuff you want.

carey

Re: Game of fucking Thrones (SPOILERS)

Post by carey »

Pretty sure I saw the Tower of Joy in the trailer. I think that means we will see an extended flash back sequence and maybe even a return of a certain headless Stark since he was at the tower when Lyanna was "rescued." To me this means we will finally get to the bottom of to the whole R+L=J business.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I think we should differentiate between book spoilers (keep those in the tags) and "yesterday's episode" spoilers, which we can discuss freely.

Indy (I think) mentioned that if you don't put content in the spoiler tags, it shows up in the post preview on tapatalk. Something to consider.

carey

Post by carey »

We can't just have one thread for spoilers? Like all spoilers & theories? We have to differentiate between different kinds of spoilers?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:I think we should differentiate between book spoilers (keep those in the tags) and "yesterday's episode" spoilers, which we can discuss freely.

Indy (I think) mentioned that if you don't put content in the spoiler tags, it shows up in the post preview on tapatalk. Something to consider.
It's actually worse than that. Even if it is in spoilers, if it is the last post it will show up in the feed.

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:We can't just have one thread for spoilers? Like all spoilers & theories? We have to differentiate between different kinds of spoilers?
I'm with Bazz. I don't usually watch real time, and catch up during the week. If we have a GOT HBO thread and have spoilers in there, as long as I'm up to date nothing can be spoiled. But if you start throwing in book stuff, then it is spoiled. It would be like me bringing up a bunch of TWD Comics stuff up in the show thread.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. But if this thread talks about all spoilers, and we have another thread for the show, I will just stay out of here.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The thing that was bothering me is that I don't want to read anything in here as I've never seen the show but might watch it some day. But I hate having an unread topic. So, I just discovered that I can hit a "Make all posts read" button at the bottom of the screen.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

The show is past the books. We should honestly be able to talk about all things GoT related in a spoiler thread now. Also, I would hardly classify the Rhaegar & Lyanna stuff a spoiler. It is the reason the series is actually called A Song of Ice & Fire. There are tons of other places to talk GoT though so if people are going to be stressed that something might get spoiled in a thread marked spoilers then we can just talk about it elsewhere.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

I didn't know it has passed the books. I thought I read somewhere they were a season behind. If they are, then I would agree with you Carey.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:I didn't know it has passed the books. I thought I read somewhere they were a season behind. If they are, then I would agree with you Carey.
There are maybe a few things that are still lingering from the books but I'd say 90% of the show is treading new ground. The last book ends with the John Snow thing which is why everyone and their grandmother is pissed he's taking so long to pen book 6. Realize that ADoD came out right when Season 1 started. This thing became a monster, an absolute beast over the last 5 years. It's a hell of a thread to leave lingering that long. I expect record viewership for this season once you factor in on-line views via the HBO Now app because for the first time, every ASoIaF fan will be seeing something completely new.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Got it. Thanks Carey

carey

Post by carey »

Sure. Hope i didn't come off too dickish there.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

No more than usual.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:No more than usual.
:|
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote:No more than usual.
:|
C'mon carey, you know me better than that.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Wait a minute...are you saying that there's fucking in Game of Thrones, Mori?

Better yet, are we talking body?!

[youtube][/youtube]

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:Wait a minute...are you saying that there's fucking in Game of Thrones, Mori?

Better yet, are we talking body?!

[youtube][/youtube]
We are talking about large, regal chairs having sex with other large, regal chairs. Not the epic fantasy series.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Indy wrote:I didn't know it has passed the books. I thought I read somewhere they were a season behind. If they are, then I would agree with you Carey.
It hasn't exactly passed the books, but it has branched off in many significant ways. Not all of them, but enough that I consider them separate tales of the same mythology now. i am pretty cool with that.

Also, whatever we see in April will certainly be ahead of the books, at least in some respects.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So who's seen S06E01 ("The Red Woman")? Thoughts?

I liked it, and it was great to get new GoT. And the ending of the episode was shocking while also confirming a widely held suspicion the book readers have had for a while now. But I have to say that the dialogue was mediocre. (Why so many dumb jokes? "Yo momma"? Really?) And some of the plots (Dorne) feel wasted and unnecessary on the show. I'm a little concerned for how they'll keep the quality standards up without book material to base it on.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:So who's seen S06E01 ("The Red Woman")? Thoughts?

I liked it, and it was great to get new GoT. And the ending of the episode was shocking while also confirming a widely held suspicion the book readers have had for a while now. But I have to say that the dialogue was mediocre. (Why so many dumb jokes? "Yo momma"? Really?) And some of the plots (Dorne) feel wasted and unnecessary on the show. I'm a little concerned for how they'll keep the quality standards up without book material to base it on.
I think the Dorne thing will be good for the show. You want to see a battle/struggle among all types of "warriors" battling for the thrown. I am sure the Sand Snakes (that is their name, right?) will play a role in that.

I was a bit surprised to see the Dothraki again. And confused about geography. I got the impression they were an ocean away from where Mereen was.

I wish the show had the guts to do an entire episode to follow a single plot point, and then the next episode will be primarily different characters/plot points. The trying to cover Dorne, King's Landing, Mereen, the Dothraki, Aria, and The Wall was too much for 60 minutes.