Impeachment

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
User avatar
Cap
Posts: 6075
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Impeachment

Post by Cap » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:57 pm

Superbone wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:33 pm
I hope you guys are wrong.
Might as well enjoy your hope while it lasts.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

My [2019-20] prediction is better than mid 30s... mark it down! — Superbone

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15620
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Impeachment

Post by Superbone » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:12 pm

Cap wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:57 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:33 pm
I hope you guys are wrong.
Might as well enjoy your hope while it lasts.
You sound pretty sure of yourself.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 6075
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Impeachment

Post by Cap » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:08 pm

Superbone wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:12 pm
Cap wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:57 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:33 pm
I hope you guys are wrong.
Might as well enjoy your hope while it lasts.
You sound pretty sure of yourself.
I’m not exactly going out on a limb.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

My [2019-20] prediction is better than mid 30s... mark it down! — Superbone

User avatar
Marty [Mori Chu]
Posts: 10209
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Impeachment

Post by Marty [Mori Chu] » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:35 am

Cap: You aren't encouraged by the 2018 and 2019 elections? In both, the Dems made big gains. I think 2020 could be similar, seeing the Democrats retake the White House and the Senate majority.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 9052
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Impeachment

Post by Indy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:19 am

There are only 2 senate seats up for election that are in slightly GOP states: AK and NC. There are 3 on the Dem's side: AL, NH, VA

The GOP has more seats up for re-election (22) compared to the Dems (12), but so many are in places like TX, MT, ID, WY, NE, KS, OK...

User avatar
Marty [Mori Chu]
Posts: 10209
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Impeachment

Post by Marty [Mori Chu] » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:01 pm

The hope would be for a strong Dem Presidential candidate who whoops Trump, and causes a mini-wave that narrowly wins the Dems a Senate majority. Something like 50-50 or 51-49 is a long shot but could happen if Trump becomes historically unpopular with undecideds and moderates.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 9052
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Impeachment

Post by Indy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:14 pm

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:01 pm
The hope would be for a strong Dem Presidential candidate who whoops Trump, and causes a mini-wave that narrowly wins the Dems a Senate majority. Something like 50-50 or 51-49 is a long shot but could happen if Trump becomes historically unpopular with undecideds and moderates.
I think those points in your last sentence are what is key. It would be a huge deviation from the norm to flip the Senate. I hope it happens.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Impeachment

Post by Nodack » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:10 pm

Dems might win a bunch and take control over everything again. Then what? Republicans will hate everything they do no matter what and the country will continue to be divided. Large donors and lobbying will have all the control. There are just as many Dems as Cons on the payroll. The debt will continue to skyrocket and all we will do is blame each other. Health care will continue to be way overpriced compared to every other country. The rich will continue to get richer and the poor will continue to get poorer. The system is broken and we citizens have lost all control imo. Nothing short of mass protests are going to make any difference in my humble opinion.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 9052
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Impeachment

Post by Indy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:19 pm

Nodack wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:10 pm
Dems might win a bunch and take control over everything again. Then what? Republicans will hate everything they do no matter what and the country will continue to be divided. Large donors and lobbying will have all the control. There are just as many Dems as Cons on the payroll. The debt will continue to skyrocket and all we will do is blame each other. Health care will continue to be way overpriced compared to every other country. The rich will continue to get richer and the poor will continue to get poorer. The system is broken and we citizens have lost all control imo. Nothing short of mass protests are going to make any difference in my humble opinion.
A lot of what you say is true, but this highlighted one is not. Since WWII, only 1 party has been spending more money that we make.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Impeachment

Post by Nodack » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:56 pm

Republicans would argue it’s all the Dems. Trump promised to zero the debt before leaving office. Republicans spent 8 years harping on the debt under Obama and now... not a peep.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15620
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Impeachment

Post by Superbone » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:54 pm

Nodack wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:56 pm
Trump promised to zero the debt before leaving office.
He had better get hoppin'.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Impeachment

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:48 pm

Superbone wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:54 pm
Nodack wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:56 pm
Trump promised to zero the debt before leaving office.
He had better get hoppin'.
He conveniently left out the part where he never leaves office and declares bankruptcy on behalf of the US government.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

Post Reply