2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:33 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:20 pm
Trump lost bigly. By over 7 million votes.
Trump lost barely. Biden’s total margin of victory was 43,809 votes in Arizona, Georgia, and Wisconsin. The national popular vote doesn’t mean anything, as Al Gore and Hillary Clinton can tell you.
Scoreboard says Biden won 306 to 232 in EC votes. However you want to slice it, Trump lost. Biden got more votes than any president in American history.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That can't be true. Trump had more yard signs and people at his super spreader events...

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

Fat lady hasn't sang yet fellas...

Jeanni Marie Jackson Rhen Carberry
15h ·
Supreme court has denied Texas effort today that would have nullified the presidential elections.. BUT IMO this is a good thing.. now the dopey dems will see fair is fair AND now Trump can launch the insurrection act, General Thomas McInerney is openly calling on President Trump to recognize severity of the cyber war assault on America by invoking the Insurrection Act, suspending Habeas Corpus (as Lincoln did) and initiate mass arrests under military authority.
This call by Gen. McInerney, a highly-accomplished military veteran and loyal patriot, appears to be stemming from a realization that much of the existing government has gone rogue and is now colluding with enemies of the nation. State governors have gone rogue, court judges have gone rogue and state election officials have willfully engaged in coordinated, treasonous election rigging in order to achieve the overthrow of the executive leader, President Trump.
When government officials go rogue, and courts cannot be trusted, military authority can be invoked by the President, complete with mass arrests of treasonous actors, military tribunals that bypass the civilian court system, and the military seizure of all corporations that are actively working to undermine the United States of America. This would obviously include Big Tech and most of the left-wing media that has been complicit in election rigging and acts of journo-terrorism designed to plunge this nation into despair.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

Ex parte Milligan, 71 U.S. (4 Wall.) 2 (1866), was a landmark decision of the US Supreme Court that ruled the application of military tribunals to citizens when civilian courts are still operating is unconstitutional. In this particular case, the Court was unwilling to give President Abraham Lincoln's administration the power of military commission jurisdiction, part of the administration's controversial plan to deal with Union dissenters during the American Civil War. Justice David Davis, who delivered the majority opinion, stated that "martial rule can never exist when the courts are open" and confined martial law to areas of "military operations, where war really prevails", and when it was a necessity to provide a substitute for a civil authority that had been overthrown. Chief Justice Salmon P. Chase and three associate justices filed a separate opinion concurring with the majority in the judgment, but asserted that Congress had the power to authorize a military commission, although it had not done so in Milligan's case.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_parte_Milligan
Presidential Emergency Action Documents orders, proclamations, and messages to Congress that are prepared in anticipation of a range of emergency scenarios.
Presidential Emergency Action Documents (PEADs) are executive orders, proclamations, and messages to Congress that are prepared in anticipation of a range of emergency scenarios, so that they are ready to sign and put into effect the moment one of those scenarios comes to pass. First created during the Eisenhower Administration as part of continuity-of-government plans in case of a nuclear attack, PEADs have since been expanded for use in other emergency situations where the normal operation of government is impaired. As one recent government document describes them, they are designed “to implement extraordinary presidential authority in response to extraordinary situations.”
PEADs are classified “secret,” and no PEAD has ever been declassified or leaked. Indeed, it appears that they are not even subject to congressional oversight. Although the law requires the executive branch to report even the most sensitive covert military and intelligence operations to at least some members of Congress, there is no such disclosure requirement for PEADs, and no evidence that the documents have ever been shared with relevant congressional committees.
Although PEADs themselves remain a well-kept secret, over the years a number of unclassified or de-classified documents have become available that discuss PEADs. Through these documents, we know that there were 56 PEADs in effect as of 2018, up from 48 a couple of decades earlier. PEADs undergo periodic revision; although we do not know what PEADs contain today, we know that PEADs in past years—
authorized detention of “alien enemies” and other “dangerous persons” within the United States;
suspended the writ of habeas corpus by presidential order;
provided for various forms of martial law;
issued a general warrant permitting search and seizure of persons and property;
established military areas such as those created during World War II;
suspended production of the Federal Register;
declared a State of War; and
authorized censorship of news reports.
The Brennan Center’s Liberty and National Security Program researches PEADs and advocates for greater transparency and oversight of them. As a resource to others interested in this topic, below we have compiled our own analyses and op-eds; a running list of congressional actions; and government documents discussing PEADs, including documents that others have obtained through Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests and placed on the internet and documents that we have obtained through our own FOIA or Mandatory Declassification Review requests.
https://www.brennancenter.org/.../presi ... -emergency...

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Good luck with that.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bIGDRAWLS0072 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:48 am
Fat lady hasn't sang yet fellas...
Dude, it's over. It's been over for weeks. You need to find better, more informed content. Don't believe everything you read. Especially from suspect sources.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

As much as has been made over the collective tantrum from the left in 2016 over Hillary's loss, the right-wing's breakdown is just disturbing. I don't ever recall the left calling for Obama to de-classify things or Hillary and Dems calling for acts of violence or Hillary not conceding and rage tweeting over the results. The right basked in the left's defeat and made fun of their crying, only to now deny Biden's victory altogether, prevent a smooth transition, sue everyone and everything, refuse mere formalities that Biden won and even go so far as to start calling for civil war 4 years later because their own Dear Leader lost. Have some self-awareness and perspective at least.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:01 pm
As much as has been made over the collective tantrum from the left in 2016 over Hillary's loss, the right-wing's breakdown is just disturbing. I don't ever recall the left calling for Obama to de-classify things or Hillary and Dems calling for acts of violence or Hillary not conceding and rage tweeting over the results. The right basked in the left's defeat and made fun of their crying, only to now deny Biden's victory altogether, prevent a smooth transition, sue everyone and everything, refuse mere formalities that Biden won and even go so far as to start calling for civil war 4 years later because their own Dear Leader lost. Have some self-awareness and perspective at least.
Of course not. Because the people wanting Hillary (at least most of us) were much more against Trump than for Hillary. We knew Trump was a racist, sexist, xenophobic scammer. But inciting violence only enables sociopaths.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Spoiler: show/hide
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:01 pm
The characterisation of their arguments is completely ignorant at best and dishonestly misleading. The whole thing is about obvious anomalies and statistical impossibilities. It's about an honest election and election results. Conservatives and Republicans aren't afraid of losing a fair result. That's a ludicrous assumption, and chararizing them as following Hitler is disgusting. If you guys feel that way, you're all a sad sorry bunch of people.

I've seen Superbone seem to advocate for blood in the streets. Listen to yourself. If the vote wasn't real it deluded everyone's vote. It means it will continue in the future and the elections going forward are a fucking joke. Idk how you can't see that, no matter who you voted for we should all want that. It's not rocket science.

This guy thinks he's funny to start with, but let's be honest, he's a nerd, not a biker.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The votes are legitimate whether you like or not. Yes, I would advocate blood in the streets if a fair election was overturned. That’s not America. Thankfully, America came through in spite of the continuous bullshit claims. I feel pretty sad for so many duped Americans that lack critical thinking skills.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:23 pm
The votes are legitimate whether you like or not. Yes, I would advocate blood in the streets if a fair election was overturned. That’s not America. Thankfully, America came through in spite of the continuous bullshit claims. I feel pretty sad for so many duped Americans that lack critical thinking skills.
You clearly haven't looked at the claims from experts, witnesses and everyone willing to sign an affidavit subject to perjury. Sure, legitimate votes are legitimate, but not if they were changed or done outside the law. That's the issue. So maybe sit this one out if don't know what you're talking about, because you made it clear you don't.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:34 pm
Superbone wrote:
You clearly haven't looked at the claims from experts, witnesses and everyone willing to sign an affidavit subject to perjury. Sure, legitimate votes are legitimate, but not if they were changed or done outside the law. That's the issue. So maybe sit this one out if don't know what you're talking about, because you made it clear you don't.
So the republican governors and secretaries of state and state judges and district judges and SCOTUS justices are all in on the scam?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I guess the Republican stacked Supreme Court and other jurisdictions don't know what they're talking about either. Since, you know, every case is being rejected. But keep educating us.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

Election fraud is nothing new. It's been going on forever all over the world. It's just never been as blatant and obvious as this time.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
You’re the one that should be sitting it out. You don’t know what you’re talking about. And I’ll leave it there. I’m not interested in arguing with your copious bullshit.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:05 pm
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
So the republican governors and secretaries of state and state judges and district judges and SCOTUS justices are all in on the scam?
Which claim are you speaking about?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:07 pm
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I guess the Republican stacked Supreme Court and other jurisdictions don't know what they're talking about either. Since, you know, every case is being rejected. But keep educating us.
Have they looked at the evidence? I thought nearly every case was rejected over procedure or standing or they don't want to decide on the size and scope of what's asked.