2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:34 pm
If there's so much evidence of voter fraud, why are these lawsuits getting laughed out of court by Republican-appointed judges?
I can't answer that one. Are they ALL laughed out of court or are you being hyperbolic?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:36 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
If there's so much evidence of voter fraud, why are these lawsuits getting laughed out of court by Republican-appointed judges?
I can't answer that one. Are they ALL laughed out of court or are you being hyperbolic?
He doesn't say "all" in there. He just says they are being laughed out of court. And they are. I think you admitted that people you trust are telling you that even first year law students could do better. That is laughable when you literally have hundreds of millions of dollars to hire the right people. It tells you that good lawyers are not willing to put their standing with bar on the line for these frivolous suits.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:30 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:02 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:44 pm
Georgia recounted their ballots by hand and it didn’t change the results. Doesn’t that prove the dominion machines weren’t rigged?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 335864002/
Idk, if they aren't verifying signatures with their envelops and against their voter roles, how is that not just counting the same invalid ballots? Also, how many of the ballots are recounted? If you insert 10%(this is just arbitrary number) fraudulent ballots and you just recount those same ballots, what changes? Nothing changes. I believe that they have to do signature verification against the voter roles on these mail in ballots. The verification that they did, didn't actually verify anything, and it just put them all through.

BTW,they found a warehouse of illegally printed ballots that were shipped in from AZ in GA. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/1 ... ingbuttons
But that’s a completely different claim. The claim is dominion machines were changing votes. That seems to be clearly false.

As for the ballots, that just shows a picture of ballots. There’s no evidence they are illegally printed or that they came from Arizona. Non filled out ballots sitting in a warehouse is evidence of nothing.
Idk if it's "clearly false". Have they done an audit on the machines? They did one in the Antrim county in Michigan.

There are a lot of questions here. Why are they sitting in this warehouse? I'm guessing that there must be some type of information that says that they were shipped from AZ, why would that be? Why would they say that they were shipped from AZ and I'm guessing printed there?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:41 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
He doesn't say "all" in there. He just says they are being laughed out of court. And they are. I think you admitted that people you trust are telling you that even first year law students could do better. That is laughable when you literally have hundreds of millions of dollars to hire the right people. It tells you that good lawyers are not willing to put their standing with bar on the line for these frivolous suits.
You're right, my mistake. It's a fair question.

Indy

Post by Indy »

If they were shipped from AZ, maybe the company GA hires to print their ballots has operations in AZ. I don't think that is uncommon.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Holy cow!! It looks like Nevada flipped from Bidumb to Trump! This guy here says so. He has 608k followers and was once an actor in a soap opera. He doesn't claim to be a journalist, which is how I know he is right and not part of the libtard lamestream media. Four more years!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:52 pm
If they were shipped from AZ, maybe the company GA hires to print their ballots has operations in AZ. I don't think that is uncommon.
Hmm, that's possible. I had thought the printers were in each state, but it could be that their ballots are printed from a different state.

Split T

Post by Split T »

As for the audit on Antrim county, Michigan leaders deny the truthfulness of it and this article says the guy who did the audit has some history of misreporting election related things. Regardless, it looks like they are doing a hand recount there as well, so we’ll get some answers.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi ... 538325002/

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:12 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:52 pm
Hmm, that's possible. I had thought the printers were in each state, but it could be that their ballots are printed from a different state.
It isn't a federal program. Each state has their own election system and own election laws and have to find their own suppliers for election equipment, materials, etc. I would doubt every state uses a printing supplier in their own state.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:50 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
How much of the 300 to 400 million (is it more by now?) in donations from the Trump base of supporters to fight this election fraud do you really think is going towards these legal efforts, considering how poorly their cases and evidence are being put together? How much of what you are continuing to read and believe isn't a ploy to sap as much as possible, knowing there really isn't anything substantial to change the results, just so Trump, Guliani and others can pocket millions when Biden is sworn into office? You don't think this is some massive con job to get as much in donations as possible which Trump has no obligation to use any percentage of towards actually fighting these results?...
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:46 pm
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
How much of the 300 to 400 million (is it more by now?) in donations from the Trump base of supporters to fight this election fraud do you really think is going towards these legal efforts, considering how poorly their cases and evidence are being put together? How much of what you are continuing to read and believe isn't a ploy to sap as much as possible, knowing there really isn't anything substantial to change the results, just so Trump, Guliani and others can pocket millions when Biden is sworn into office? You don't think this is some massive con job to get as much in donations as possible which Trump has no obligation to use any percentage of towards actually fighting these results?...
Wasn't Rudy 'charging' 20k per day?

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
I considered adding this to what I wrote last night, so I guess I will now. I find it significant that a number of currently-practicing attorneys with expertise in election law either left or were removed from the Trump team in the early going. I don't think that the intention was ever to have Rudy Giuliani be anything more than the public face of the effort, as someone loyal to Mr. Trump who is well-known both among conservatives and in general, and who was trusted through the 9/11 crisis a couple of decades ago. It's my understanding that he was considered a very good trial lawyer when he was younger, but his area was never constitutional or election law (he was primarily known as a criminal prosecutor), and like most attorneys who become politicians, he has not actively practiced since he decided to make that switch. But once the actual experts were no longer on the team, Giuliani, together with whatever else remained, had to try to cobble together a strategy in an area that he wasn't proficient in, under pressure and with limited time. The results have been as we have seen them.

I continue to believe that the reason why some of the more experienced, proficient lawyers withdrew was because they could see that the cases would fail on the merits, and did not want to be associated with that failure. Pressing highly visible cases with little to no chance of success is generally a bad strategy, and pressing such cases in the volatile and divisive political environment that currently exists is even worse.

End note - by the time she filed the "Kraken" case, Sidney Powell was no longer working for the Trump team; she instead went and found disgruntled voters in Georgia and Michigan to represent directly. Despite the less-than-mediocre work done by Giuliani et al, I think that even they could see that Powell's claims were going to be a train wreck.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:46 pm
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Good question. I have no idea. Are they even required to use it, or can they just pocket the money? I'm not sure what the rule is on this. You have a grifter like Ali Alexander aka Scammy Davis Jr. who is pushing Stop the Steal, but I'm pretty sure that scumbag is pocketing all the money donated to him, even though he says he is giving the money to help the legal efforts.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

BKinSJC wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:56 pm
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
I considered adding this to what I wrote last night, so I guess I will now. I find it significant that a number of currently-practicing attorneys with expertise in election law either left or were removed from the Trump team in the early going. I don't think that the intention was ever to have Rudy Giuliani be anything more than the public face of the effort, as someone loyal to Mr. Trump who is well-known both among conservatives and in general, and who was trusted through the 9/11 crisis a couple of decades ago. It's my understanding that he was considered a very good trial lawyer when he was younger, but his area was never constitutional or election law (he was primarily known as a criminal prosecutor), and like most attorneys who become politicians, he has not actively practiced since he decided to make that switch. But once the actual experts were no longer on the team, Giuliani, together with whatever else remained, had to try to cobble together a strategy in an area that he wasn't proficient in, under pressure and with limited time. The results have been as we have seen them.

I continue to believe that the reason why some of the more experienced, proficient lawyers withdrew was because they could see that the cases would fail on the merits, and did not want to be associated with that failure. Pressing highly visible cases with little to no chance of success is generally a bad strategy, and pressing such cases in the volatile and divisive political environment that currently exists is even worse.

End note - by the time she filed the "Kraken" case, Sidney Powell was no longer working for the Trump team; she instead went and found disgruntled voters in Georgia and Michigan to represent directly. Despite the less-than-mediocre work done by Giuliani et al, I think that even they could see that Powell's claims were going to be a train wreck.
My understanding was that many of the lawyers, like the ones in the individual states were working against the Trump team, instead of for them. Others were intimidated with threats to their firm, personally doxed and threats to their families. I've also heard that Giuliani and the team had their own ideas on how they wanted to run things, so some more established firms, with very good lawyers(and ones that would have made sure that they weren't filed with misspellings, procedural problems and other things that got them thrown out needlessly) were just excluded from the team and went back to their firms. It is a curious thing.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:22 pm
Nodack wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:15 pm
https://www.smartmatic.com/us/smartmatic-fact-checked/
Following the 2020 US election, misinformation and unfounded conspiracy theories have exploded across social media and other online outlets. Do not be conned by it. Check anything you read online with credible sources before you believe it or repost it.

Smartmatic’s Credibility is Our Most Important Asset
We know that to be credible and trusted partners to governments and election officials we need to be transparent and forthright. Here are the facts about our company and our history. No spin. No polish.

Smartmatic’s software was developed by our own engineers to do three things: accurately process votes, keep them secure and facilitate audits. That’s it. There is no other agenda. Our technology has been proven in audited elections for almost 20 years.
Smartmatic election technologies and services have been authenticated by independent third-party validators, including the US Election Assistance Commission, the State of California, PriceWaterhouseCoopers and SLI Global. They have also been validated by world-renowned institutions such as the Carter Center, the United Nations, the Organization of American States, and the European Union.
Smartmatic has no ties to governments or political parties. Governments are clients with whom we do business – just like every other commercial entity – but we do not have any alliances, relationships or “deals” with any politician, political organization or government. Smartmatic’s founders and employees adhere to a strict ethics code that, among other things, prohibits them from making political donations.
Two of the founders, Antonio Mugica and Roger Piñate, run the company as CEO and President, respectively. The majority of company shares are held by the Mugica and Piñate families. The remaining shares (less than 20%) are held by employees and angel investors.
George Soros is not one of those angel investors mentioned above. Mr. Soros has no ownership interest in Smartmatic. He’s not on the Board, nor is he employed by Smartmatic. He never has been. That’s been proven time and again.
The founders of Smartmatic were born in Venezuela. The company, however, was founded in Boca Raton, Florida in 2000 and still maintains its US base there. Tesla, Procter & Gamble, Kohl’s, TJ Maxx, Houzz.com, Google and many other American companies were founded by people born outside the US. A US company is still a US company, regardless of where its founders or shareholders happened to be born.
There are no ties between Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic – plain and simple. No ownership ties, no software leasing, no business at all between them. In 2009, (that’s more than a decade ago) Smartmatic licensed scanning machines from Dominion for use in The Philippines for a Smartmatic election project. Our one contract with Dominion was short-lived and ended in a lawsuit. That was the first and last time that Smartmatic and Dominion tried to do business together.
Smartmatic has only owned one election company in the US, Sequoia Voting systems. Smartmatic sold the company in 2007 to Sequoia’s management team. More than three years later Sequoia was bought by Dominion Voting Systems. Smartmatic had no part in Sequoia’s acquisition by Dominion.
Smartmatic technology was used only in Los Angeles County, California in the 2020 election. The system we provided to LA County does not count, tabulate or store votes.
The company has not closed any offices since the 2020 US election and all our employees are safe and sound, and still hard at work. Many are working from home because there’s a global pandemic and we care about them.
Smartmatic does not have any operations in Venezuela. We did election projects in Venezuela from 2004 to 2017, and Smartmatic’s equipment, software and people all performed successfully every time. In 2017, our technology helped prove that the government was reporting false turnout numbers – so we blew the whistle on them – and stopped doing business there.
Statement from the Department of Homeland Security
This statement from the Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), which oversees U.S. election security, provides expert assessment of the 2020 US election from a cybersecurity standpoint. "There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised."

Fact Checks About Smartmatic by Third-Party Sources
Here are some credible sources that are doing their own, independent fact checking. Read what they have to say.

The Washington Post Nov. 16

Giuliani’s fantasy parade of false voter-fraud claims

Reuters News Services Nov. 20

Smartmatic CEO is not on Biden’s team, Smartmatic software is not on Dominion voting machines

Associated Press Nov. 19

Trump legal team’s batch of false vote claims

Associated Press Nov. 17

Smartmatic does not own Dominion Voting Systems

CATO Institute Nov. 20

Voting Machine Conspiracy Theories Harm U.S. Cybersecurity

PolitiFact Nov. 19

Trump lawyer falsely claims voting technology companies were created for changing election results

Resources for Fact Checking
Rumor vs. Reality Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency’s Q&A document with links

www.factcheck.org/tag/2020-election A nonpartisan, nonprofit consumer advocate for voters by the Annenberg Public Policy Center

www.politifact.com/2020 A nonpartisan fact-checking website owned by the Poynter Institute, a nonprofit school for journalists

https://apnews.com/hub/election-2020 Associated Press’ election fact check site

www.reuters.com/fact-check Reuters News Service fact check site
Yes, I too ask the bank robbers if they robbed the bank. They tell me they didn't. Good enough for me.

Call me highly skeptical.
The last half of the article is a bunch of third party fact check articles with links. The links didn’t happen in my copy and paste but, if you go to the actual article they all work.
Last edited by Nodack on Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:06 pm
Holy cow!! It looks like Nevada flipped from Bidumb to Trump! This guy here says so. He has 608k followers and was once an actor in a soap opera. He doesn't claim to be a journalist, which is how I know he is right and not part of the libtard lamestream media. Four more years!

It appears that something similar happened in Arizona - a group got together, declared themselves "electors" and sent votes for Trump to the National Archives. Even as a purely symbolic gesture, this would be kind of a silly thing to do, but at least one of the people involved seems to think that it will matter.
"Mesa resident Lori Osiecki, 62, helped created a facsimile of the "certificate of ascertainment" that is submitted to formally cast each state's electoral votes as part of an effort to prevent what she views as the fraudulent theft of the election.

"We seated before the legislators here. We already turned it in. We beat them to the game," she said."
It's ... not a race?

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 536056002/

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Congressman cites Trump's efforts to overturn election in announcing decision to quit GOP
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/14/politics ... index.html
(CNN)In an exclusive interview, Rep. Paul Mitchell, Republican of Michigan, told CNN that his disgust and disappointment with President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the results of the election have led him to request that the Clerk of the House change his party affiliation to "independent," and to notify GOP leaders in a letter that he is withdrawing his "engagement and association with the Republican Party at both the national and state level."

"This party has to stand up for democracy first, for our Constitution first, and not political considerations," Mitchell said on CNN's "The Lead."
"Not to protect a candidate. Not simply for raw political power, and that's what I feel is going on and I've had enough."
Mitchell, who is retiring at the end of this session of Congress, says he fears that the House GOP leadership's participation in the outgoing President's conspiracy theories and attempts to disenfranchise millions of American voters to overturn President-elect Joe Biden's victory could cause "long-term harm to our democracy."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

California puts Biden over 270 electoral votes for the presidency
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/14/politics ... index.html
California's 55 electors put Joe Biden over the 270 Electoral College votes needed to become president shortly after 5 p.m. ET Monday, affirming Biden's election as the 46th president of the United States.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »