Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Mori Chu »

So, is he going to get arrested today? ... Watching my twitter and news with interest.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:42 am
So, is he going to get arrested today? ... Watching my twitter and news with interest.
No it won’t ever happen…. It should happen, but it won’t.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I won't be happy until I see him in an orange jumpsuit. It should match his face nicely. He's the biggest Oompa Loompa I've ever seen.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

There are many different investigations into Trump going on as we speak. In my fantasy world he is indicted by all of them on the same day.

1. There is the investigation into Trumps handling/stealing of classified documents and his obstruction into efforts to retrieve those documents.

2. There is another investigation into Trumps part in the Jan 6 riots.

3. There is the Georgia investigation into Trump’s “Find me 11,000 votes” scam.

4. There is the Trump fake electors scam that Trump was behind. I don’t even think Trump is being investigated for that even though it’s a major crime IMO.

5. They are investigating allegations that Trump misrepresented his companies’ finances in order to obtain bank loans or to reduce taxes. That has already led to 17 charges against his business and his CFO.

6. There is the Stormy Daniel’s investigation that put his lawyer Cohen in prison for Trumps crimes. Now that Trump isn’t President they have gone after him.

7. There is the Jean Carroll civil rape trial against Trump that starts in April.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:10 pm
There are many different investigations into Trump going on as we speak. In my fantasy world he is indicted by all of them on the same day.

1. There is the investigation into Trumps handling/stealing of classified documents and his obstruction into efforts to retrieve those documents.

2. There is another investigation into Trumps part in the Jan 6 riots.

3. There is the Georgia investigation into Trump’s “Find me 11,000 votes” scam.

4. There is the Trump fake electors scam that Trump was behind. I don’t even think Trump is being investigated for that even though it’s a major crime IMO.

5. They are investigating allegations that Trump misrepresented his companies’ finances in order to obtain bank loans or to reduce taxes. That has already led to 17 charges against his business and his CFO.

6. There is the Stormy Daniel’s investigation that put his lawyer Cohen in prison for Trumps crimes. Now that Trump isn’t President they have gone after him.

7. There is the Jean Carroll civil rape trial against Trump that starts in April.
One can only dream :P

My thing is... Are we shitting the bed with indicting him on the Stormy Daniels? I just feel there are bigger fish to fry when it comes to the crap Trumps done. It lends too much to being a political witch hunt vs if they'd just go after his coup attempt.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:10 pm
One can only dream :P

My thing is... Are we shitting the bed with indicting him on the Stormy Daniels? I just feel there are bigger fish to fry when it comes to the crap Trumps done. It lends too much to being a political witch hunt vs if they'd just go after his coup attempt.
The thing is, it isn't a "choice" that any one group can make. It's not like the same group of people are performing or overseeing all of these investigations; it's the NY attorney general's office for one, the GA attorney general for another, the DOJ for others, etc. They don't all get in a room and come up with a plan for which ones to indict on and which ones to prioritize. (And it's good that they don't do that; that would be an unnecessary and inappropriate collaboration to go after someone together.)

The NY one comes first because they've reached the indictment stage first. That's all there is to it. If other investigations reach that stage, they could or would indict, too. That doesn't necessarily make for the best narrative or politics or plot development, but that's what it is.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

No indictment or arrest so far. But Trump's attorney is saying that it is "all-out war" if he does get arrested. So there's that.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Nobody cried when Cohen was sent to prison for Trumps crime. Republicans didn’t give a rats ass. Now Trump isn’t President and can be held accountable. Trump could have pardoned Cohen. He let him rot in jail and then when Cohen got out of jail and tried to release his book Trump tried to send him back to prison to stop him from releasing his book. Trump pardoned Flynn. He pardoned Bannon after Bannon was caught stealing money from Trumps wall. He let his long time “fixer” rot in jail for his crime. There is plenty of crimes Trump is guilty of. Trump is at the very least as guilty as Cohen was in the Stormy Daniel’s saga. Not one Republican is trying to clear Cohens good name but, they are willing to jump on a grenade to protect Trump from the same crime.

Trumps lawyer says it will be all out war? All out what war? Legal war? Political war? Physical war? I don’t even have a lawyer. I don’t need one. Trump has an army of them and needs them all.

Remember all of those criminal investigations into Obama? Neither do I.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Another case involving Trump (the classified documents one) is also advancing.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump Indictment expected today.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:11 am
Trump Indictment expected today.
Damned if they do and really damned if they don’t…. These cases better be ironclad or the minute one goes south, the credibility of the others will waiver too.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

From what I was reading, it sounds like maybe tomorrow is the day. But I don't want to get too up-and-down expecting it to be a given day versus another. When/if it happens, it happens.

Another story I'm seeing today is that Trump's lawyer is being subpoenad and asked to provide evidence against Trump in the Mar-a-Lago classified documents case. In general you don't ask a person's lawyer to give evidence against them because of attorney/client privilege. But you can puncture that privilege if the client is shown to be inducing the lawyer to collaborate in a crime or be an accessory to a crime. It is believe that Trump lied to his attorney and may have told them to do illegal things. I don't really know. But it is an interesting new wrinkle to the whole documents saga.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Another gem from Klepper.... I do feel it was a missed opportunity when he had the guy in the hood... I would have asked if it was Kanye. :lol:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump says there will be "potential death and destruction" if he is indicted. Because, of course, that's exactly what he wants his supporters to do.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump posting a picture of himself with a baseball bat next to a picture of the prosecutor on his stupid Truth app.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Whenever they add the word "Fucktard" to Websters dictionary... Trump should be the discription of what one is. Fucktard.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I read that a package full of white powder and a message saying something like "you're going to die" was mailed to Alvin Bragg, the DA prosecuting the Trump case in NY. So, there's that. It seems clear to me that at best Trump wouldn't mind it if violence were committed by his supporters in his name.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:14 am
I read that a package full of white powder and a message saying something like "you're going to die" was mailed to Alvin Bragg, the DA prosecuting the Trump case in NY. So, there's that. It seems clear to me that at best Trump wouldn't mind it if violence were committed by his supporters in his name.
It seems clear to you? It was already proven on January 6th, 2021.
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:50 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:14 am
It seems clear to you? It was already proven on January 6th, 2021.
Well, it seemed pretty obvious to me when he mentioned how he "grabbed them by the pussy". ;) j/k

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It was obvious to anyone with a brain a long time ago that Trump was a horrible human that only cares about himself.