World Politics

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: World Politics

Post by Nodack »

You agree with him when he says bad things about Trudeau. You don’t agree with him when he says bad things about Trump. I totally understand. Matt totally gets it unless it comes to Trump. Then he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Trump 2020: Be Very Afraid
America is the first country to ever elect a Mad King, and the way things are going, we may be dumb enough to do it twice
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... id-872299/

Trump the Destroyer
Trump has stuffed his Cabinet with tyrants, zealots and imbeciles – all bent on demolishing our government from within
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... er-127808/

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 2:43 pm
You agree with him when he says bad things about Trudeau. You don’t agree with him when he says bad things about Trump. I totally understand. Matt totally gets it unless it comes to Trump. Then he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

America is the first country to ever elect a Mad King, and the way things are going, we may be dumb enough to do it twice

Trump the Destroyer
Trump has stuffed his Cabinet with tyrants, zealots and imbeciles – all bent on demolishing our government from within
I can't read those articles due to the paywall. Maybe you can post them here.

In hindsight, we can look at what he said and agree or disagree with what he said.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 2:50 pm
Nodack wrote:

Trump the Destroyer

In hindsight, we can look at what he said and agree or disagree with what he said.
Those are, in fact, both of the options.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 3:05 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 2:50 pm
Nodack wrote:

Trump the Destroyer

Those are, in fact, both of the options.
Haha, we can even agree or disagree with parts or whole of what he wrote.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Let me guess. When he attacks people you want to attack, you agree with him. When he attacks Trump, he’s obviously way off base?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You would have guessed wrong.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We've seen the pattern.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Crazies do their thing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Do they know who shot him or why?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They got the guy. I’m sure they will find out everything. I assume since In2 posted it that the victim is a right winger and the assailant was a left winger.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 11:09 am
They got the guy. I’m sure they will find out everything. I assume since In2 posted it that the victim is a right winger and the assailant was a left winger.
When I posted it, I had no idea what the victim was, why he was attacked, or by whom.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:45 pm
Nodack wrote:
When I posted it, I had no idea what the victim was, why he was attacked, or by whom.
There are 1,700 homicides every day on planet earth and you randomly picked this guy to post about? You had no idea who he was. You just saw that someone was killed and decided to post about it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:45 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:45 pm
Nodack wrote:
There are 1,700 homicides every day on planet earth and you randomly picked this guy to post about? You had no idea who he was. You just saw that someone was killed and decided to post about it.
The leader of a country is just one of random attempted homicides? For some reason it was newsworthy, by not just me, but a lot of outlets. Do a lot of leaders of their country randomly get shot multiple times daily in your world?

Why are you being such a prick lately?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I guess because I am sick of Trump and Maga. Conspiracy theories about conspiracy theories on top of conspiracy theories. Every single Democracy in the world is now labeled an authoritarian government by you and Maga and the real authoritarian governments get a total pass and praised. If I hadn’t met you in person I would swear you have to be a Russian troll here to help destroy Democracy in America.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

What are the odds?

https://apnews.com/article/robert-fico- ... 2d664a5e6d
FICO - After five years in opposition, Fico’s party won parliamentary elections last year on a pro-Russian and anti-American platform. He vowed to bring an end to Slovakia providing Ukraine with military support as it battled Russia’s full-scale invasion, and has argued that NATO and the United States provoked Moscow into war.

After his election victory, the new government immediately halted arms deliveries to Ukraine. Thousands repeatedly took to the streets across Slovakia to rally against Fico’s pro-Russian and other policies, including plans to amend the penal code to eliminate a special anti-graft prosecutor and to take control of public media.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

So, was it NATO that tried to assassinate him?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

You asking me? I never heard of the guy. You think I know who shot him? Obviously somebody didn’t like him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In In2's defense, it is totally newsworthy that someone tried to kill a prime minister of a country.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It is newsworthy. I just assumed that since in2 posted it, the victim had to be someone on the right.

The guy was an anti US pro Russian guy.