The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
TOO

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by TOO »

I wonder if they ever find them in bear caves.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm sure it's possible with the Cocaine Bear.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't like Mitt, but he's right here. Biden is too short sighted to see this though and instead directed these ridiculous prosecutions.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Once again you claim Biden directed these prosecutions. Fine, I can make up whatever reality I want too. Trump ordered Putin to invade Ukraine. It’s true. I said it was. Everybody knows it.

Romney would pardon Trump because it makes Biden the big guy and Trump the little guy? What about all the stuff he said about Trump and Republicans right before that? Is he right or wrong on that?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I thought this was really well stated:

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Pardoning Trump would be a colossal mistake. He's committed large crimes that threaten the republic itself; he must be prosecuted.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They're making it very clear that if 1/6 comes again, they will help Trump overturn the results, not uphold democracy like that sissy Mike Pence.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 7:05 am
Pardoning Trump would be a colossal mistake. He's committed large crimes that threaten the republic itself; he must be prosecuted.
At any rate, charges in state courts are beyond Biden’s authority to pardon. Talk to the governors.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 7:14 am
They're making it very clear that if 1/6 comes again, they will help Trump overturn the results, not uphold democracy like that sissy Mike Pence.

You're equating this to 1/6, but I'm missing how you think that Scott would be able to do that, since he isn't the current VP(like Pence was at the time). How would he help overturn the results? This very short clip, which doesn't even allow him to finish his thought, seems to allow anyone to imagine all types of nonsense.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 10:22 pm
Once again you claim Biden directed these prosecutions. Fine, I can make up whatever reality I want too. Trump ordered Putin to invade Ukraine. It’s true. I said it was. Everybody knows it.

Romney would pardon Trump because it makes Biden the big guy and Trump the little guy? What about all the stuff he said about Trump and Republicans right before that? Is he right or wrong on that?
It's not that I'm saying it. It's that it's being shown that it's happening and been organized by the WH. Michael Colangelo was high up in the AG's office, and he worked with Bragg prior to Bragg pursuing charges. Then he left the AG's office to work with Bragg on this. This is just one example, there are others that show that meetings were held by WH personal with these DAs and state attorneys prior and during. Noone leaves a high level AG Counsel for a lower level DA job in NY, except to "Get Trump!". It's clearly coordinated to disrupt his Election campaigning(which is Election Interference) and in their mind, hopefully get a conviction, since that is the only thing that they think could sink Trump at this point.

As far as Romney, he clearly doesn't think that these proceedings are the same as these Republicans. He's probably right if they are going there to lobby for the VP job. I don't agree with Romney thinking these are anything but a kangaroo court though.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s all clear to you that this is a witch hunt. It’s clear to me that they caught the witch doing a lot of crimes. You want him to skate on all those crimes because you are a fan of his. The rest of us know he is an evil snake that did all kinds of things to harm our Democracy and would like to see him pay for almost destroying the US. At the very least he should be barred from ever holding any office since he’s clearly an evil man who isn’t afraid to sacrifice anyone and anything to advance his causes.

Since he was the President it looks as though the wimpiest case is the only one that is going to happen before the election and that is good for him.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Oh, you KNOW it, huh? That's nonsense.

I don't want him to "skate". I want these political kangaroo sham trials to be exposed for what they are and he gets exonerated. I want him win the election, as of now. I reserve the right to change my mind though, and if something comes that makes me not want him to win, I will hope someone else wins.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Are you saying he didn’t sleep with Stormy or McDougal? And how would you possibly know that? He didn’t pay them off? And how do you know that?

He didn’t organize a fake elector scheme? How do you know that? All the fake electors have admitted to it. They presented their fake elector BS to their states and tried to get Pence to sign off on it at the Capital. It was right out in the open. Somehow you think that is all made up by Dems?

His call asking a state governor to “Find” him enough votes to win was recorded and confirmed by the governor. Was he making it up? Was the phone call AI?

The stolen election scam has cost FOX alone almost $800,000,000 for their part in the lie. They settled. Dominion was attacked and won. Another company falsely accused is suing as well. That lie was really expensive.

It goes on and on. You think it’s all fake. The rest of us have eyes.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ok

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Romney says he laughs at term ‘America first’
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/467 ... ica-first/
“Many in our party have followed that populist streak, which is, ‘Hey, stop worrying about the rest of the world, just worry about what’s going on here,’” Romney said on MSNBC. “What they’re forgetting is that we are connected to the rest of the world, that our economy is connected to the rest of the world. That if we had had that attitude then, you know, Germany would’ve ended up ruling the world, all right.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Stefanik doing this is completely inappropriate.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 6:32 pm
Stefanik doing this is completely inappropriate.

Of course, if the Israeli opposition criticizes Bibi, they’re antisemites.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Of course there is no lawfare going on. Don't look this way or that way.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump = Guilty

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack ≠ Innocent Until Proven Guilty