The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:17 pm
Nodack ≠ Innocent Until Proven Guilty
I should have said I have personally seen enough evidence to render my verdict of guilty of a hell of a lot of seriously bad things that would disqualify any other person on planet earth a long ass time ago but, Teflon Trump just seems to be able to commit as many crimes as he feels like and the more crimes he commits, the more his cult like him. All these prosecutions. It’s like Maga heaven. He’s reached Sainthood. Al Capone is a hero!

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Nodack wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:32 pm
In2ition wrote:
I should have said I have personally seen enough evidence to render my verdict of guilty of a hell of a lot of seriously bad things that would disqualify any other person on planet earth a long ass time ago but, Teflon Trump just seems to be able to commit as many crimes as he feels like and the more crimes he commits, the more his cult like him. All these prosecutions. It’s like Maga heaven. He’s reached Sainthood. Al Capone is a hero!
Hey, leave Al Capone out of this! He was a saint! :D

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 12:18 am
Nodack wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:32 pm
In2ition wrote:
Hey, leave Al Capone out of this! He was a saint! :D
Trump would tell you he was a great man. Just like Hannibal Lecter.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There's some kind of "suspicious substance" threat outside the RNC headquarters. Hope nothing comes of it and everyone is okay.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Republicans

The campaign to gut Washington's power over corporate America
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/2 ... e-00158948
A decade-long conservative crusade against financial regulators will come to a head soon with a crucial Supreme Court ruling, part of a legal strategy that has spread across multiple Washington agencies into a broad attack on a core power of the federal government.

The court’s ruling on Securities and Exchange Commission v. Jarkesy, a case challenging the power of in-house federal judges, could hobble a whole range of agencies in unpredictable ways, cutting the powers of antitrust enforcers, labor regulators and consumer finance watchdogs.

Driven by an alliance of tech billionaires, conservative legal activists and the business lobby, the legal campaign that has arisen around Jarkesy is a little-appreciated but significant version of the “war on the administrative state” that Donald Trump promised but largely failed to deliver.
The decision is one of three Supreme Court fights this term over efforts to undermine key powers of the federal government.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I saw this and thought of you, Nodack.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Lindsay Graham seems confused by this game with Dana Bash. Might have been thrown off by female choices...just saying.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The GOP! The party of freedom.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Why do you think they did that? Give me their steelman argument.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 9:02 am
Because they don't like trans people? And because Kristi Noem was banned from all the tribal land after killing her dog, so she's mad at the Indian tribes? I don't know.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 6:56 am
In2ition wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 9:02 am
Because they don't like trans people? And because Kristi Noem was banned from all the tribal land after killing her dog, so she's mad at the Indian tribes? I don't know.
Lol

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Speak up about respecting the law and the GOP will disown you.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If I could sum up the GOP strategy under Trump it would be: Destroy public trust in America's core institutions and erode the legitimacy of the rule of law in the U.S.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:54 am
If I could sum up the GOP strategy under Trump it would be: Destroy public trust in America's core institutions and erode the legitimacy of the rule of law in the U.S.
My summary would be, "Trump uber alles."