2024 Election

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: 2024 Election

Post by Mori Chu »

It is already illegal for non-citizens to vote. This House vote doesn't make any sense and the law isn't necessary.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think this is for DC specifically, but correct me if I'm mistaken.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Standard disclaimer on polls...
EXCLUSIVE Donald Trump gets a SIX-POINT bump in approval after being found guilty on 34 counts according to snap Daily Mail poll: 'I think it was a waste of taxpayer money'
  • JL Partners used a panel of 403 likely voters to asses the impact of guilty verdict
  • The results showed an improvement in Trump's favorability ratings
  • Read more: The blunders that undermined Trump's defense in hush money case
By ROB CRILLY, SENIOR U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 10:18 EDT, 31 May 2024 | UPDATED: 10:53 EDT, 31 May 2024
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... itive.html?
Teflon Don rides again, according to an exclusive snap poll for DailyMail.com which found that the guilty verdict in Manhattan only improved the former president's standing with likely voters ahead of the 2024 election.

Of those who said the 34 guilty counts had changed their view of Donald Trump, 22 percent said they now had a more favorable rating compared with 16 percent who said they viewed him more negatively.

That six-point net positive result is another sign of the way the businessman-turned-politician seems able to ride out crises that would sink anyone else.

In a tight election, it could be enough to get him across the finish line.

'I think it was a waste of taxpayer money and will help propel Trump to a victory,' said a 42-year-old hip hop DJ from Illinois, who voted for Joe Biden in 2020.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

That doesn’t necessarily mean anything…the people who view him more favorably could have already been Trump voters.

The question is did it flip any voters to Trump or away from Trump.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Maga has to put a good spin on this. A murder conviction would make his numbers go sky high. 110% of voters would want to vote for him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Show me any quality US poll that has Trump +6 after this verdict. A single one. Let's wait for actual polls to come out, not Daily Mail (UK tabloid) trash.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 9:11 am
Show me any quality US poll that has Trump +6 after this verdict. A single one. Let's wait for actual polls to come out, not Daily Mail (UK tabloid) trash.
Better yet, let's wait for the election. (Oh, I forgot, it's rigged unless Trump wins.)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 9:14 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 9:11 am
Better yet, let's wait for the election. (Oh, I forgot, it's rigged unless Trump wins.)
It wasn't the Daily Mail that did the poll. (Oh, I forgot, I gave the disclaimer prior to posting the article).
J.L. Partners polled 403 likely voters immediately after Thursday's guilty verdict to assess its impact on the November election. The results suggest a slight bump for Trump
This ^ was in the article.

Split T

Post by Split T »

The poll still wasn’t about who they would vote for…just that 22% said it means they like him more and 16% said it made them like him less. So 62% kept the same opinion. Doesn’t mean anything without more info…for instance, what if the 22% who like him more now were already Trump voters…and let’s say the 16% who like him less were also Trump voters…the actual votes would swing towards Biden. Without knowing their initial stance, the poll is meaningless.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You're right, it's just a snapshot. For the most part, nearly all polls are worthless. It gives us a sense of what is going to happen, but no poll is 100% accurate. On top of that, it's still not a poll of likely voters and who they are favoring in the upcoming election.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Polls are meaningless right now. Obviously every Trump supporter is super pissed off today and lashing out like Trump is. I got three new Trump messages today yelling at the sky and asking for more money. I hadn’t gotten any in awhile. Time to milk those sympathy donations.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Rasmussen is reporting that the Trump lead is narrowing now with the conviction. This is probably true, and aligns with what Mori has been saying he thinks is going to happen.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Goes without saying… the only poll that concerns trump is his own.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A few new swing state polls. Biden sees a small uptick since Trump indictment. As usual, these polls mostly mean Jack squat.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Another poll, this one nationwide. Shows a tie.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Unscientific and anecdotal experience on a conspiracy theory.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

And this kind of goes with the last post from the other side.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:55 am
What's the point of posting stuff like this? Do you want to bet $10 that this will not happen at all? Easiest money I'd ever earn.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:24 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:55 am
What's the point of posting stuff like this? Do you want to bet $10 that this will not happen at all? Easiest money I'd ever earn.
It's just like a mock draft. It's just people's opinion on what they see and what they think is going to happen. Happens on both sides, as you can see with the post below this one.

P.S. We already made a bet that Joe wasn't going to be on the ballot in Nov, which included if there isn't an Election at that time. Did you forget?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:03 am
P.S. We already made a bet that Joe wasn't going to be on the ballot in Nov, which included if there isn't an Election at that time. Did you forget?
I already completely forgot about that. We bet about whether Joe Biden would make it to the Nov election? If so, I think I'll win that one easily. We shall see.