United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 1304
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby Nodack » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:29 am

Awesome!
User avatar
Cap
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby Cap » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:26 am

AmareIsGod wrote:http://nextshark.com/dr-david-dao-united-airlines-new-clip/

Contrary to Munoz’s statement, Dao appears to be composed in the video. In the beginning, he can be heard asking the offer “Why did you choose me?” but is met with no reply


Interesting line of dialog: "My lawyer told me to stay."
Eventually, somebody will say "Mark it down" to give me another prediction for my signature. Mark it down!
User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 1304
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby Nodack » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:38 am

Sounds like the doctor had some issues.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/11/doctor-dra ... s-for-sex/
The passenger hauled off a United flight is a lung doctor with a taste for gambling, a history of angry outbursts — and a conviction for trading narcotics prescriptions and cash for gay sex in motels.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/11/united-ai ... drugs-sex/
Dr. David Dao was charged in 2005 with 98 felony drug counts for illegally prescribing and trafficking painkillers. Prosecutors claimed Dao fraudulently filled prescriptions for hydrocodone, Oxycontin and Percocet.
Dr. Dao was also convicted on 6 felony counts of obtaining drugs by fraud and deceit and in 2005 was given 5 years probation.
Dao was also convicted for writing prescriptions and checks to a patient in exchange for sex.
In medical board documents ... Dao denied paying for sex, but indicated he accepted sexual favors from an associate in exchange for reducing a debt that associate owed him.
In February, 2005, Dr. Dao surrendered his license to practice medicine in Kentucky. In 2015 the medical board lifted the suspension and allowed him to practice medicine with some restrictions. Last year, the medical board imposed even more restrictions -- now he can only practice internal medicine in an outpatient facility one day a week.
Interestingly, and relevant to the United incident, one doctor assessing Dao's case said he had interpersonal problems, noting "... he would unilaterally choose to do his own thing."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... y-sex.html
Doctor dragged off United flight was felon who traded prescription drugs for secret gay sex with patient half his age and took them himself - and he needed anger management, was 'not forthright' and had control issues, psychiatrist found
User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 1304
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby Nodack » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

Not to leave out American Ailrlines.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/22/us/americ ... index.html
The video of the American Airlines encounter starts off with a woman sobbing as she holds a baby.
"Just give me back my stroller please," she says tearfully.
A male passenger stands up and intervenes, apparently upset with how the woman's situation was handled. He tells the flight attendant, "Hey bud, hey bud. You do that to me, and I'll knock you flat."
The flight attendant tells the male passenger to stay out of it, then later taunts him to "hit me, hit me ... bring it on."


You cannot bring a baby stroller on a plane. She didn't want the give it up so they physically took it from her. In the process she might have been hit and the baby was almost hit. Here we go again.
User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 836
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby specialsauce » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:29 am

This world is getting ridiculous. There has been an explosion of a bunch of social media addicted self righteous overly sensitive idiots that just can't simply follow rules. Then they film the repercussions and try to go viral and reap the benefits.

I don't feel sorry for that girl at all. She should know better than to drag a full size stroller on to the plane.
User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 836
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby specialsauce » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:32 am

Image

Always takes me back to this image. People are constantly looking for something to be offended by. You break the rules there are consequences. From what I read she refused to give up her stroller and started yelling at the flight attendant.
User avatar
Cap
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby Cap » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:52 pm

specialsauce wrote:People are constantly looking for something to be offended by.

And you are really offended by that behavior, to the point of griping about it on the internet. 8-)
Eventually, somebody will say "Mark it down" to give me another prediction for my signature. Mark it down!
User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 1304
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby Nodack » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:55 pm

They say she didn't speak English very well so that might have been part of the problem. They allow you to roll your baby up to the plane in a stroller and then they check it. You get it right back when you land just like when the take your carry on from you when the bins are too full. I have done it dozens of times. I didn't try to hold onto my bag and fight them for it. That's a real good way to get booted from a plane on any airline.
User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 836
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby specialsauce » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Cap wrote:
specialsauce wrote:People are constantly looking for something to be offended by.

And you are really offended by that behavior, to the point of griping about it on the internet. 8-)


Yeah, sure buddy. Okay :roll:
User avatar
Cap
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby Cap » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:36 pm

specialsauce wrote:
Cap wrote:
specialsauce wrote:People are constantly looking for something to be offended by.

And you are really offended by that behavior, to the point of griping about it on the internet. 8-)


Yeah, sure buddy. Okay :roll:


Sorry if my comment offended you.

Or congratulations, whichever.
Eventually, somebody will say "Mark it down" to give me another prediction for my signature. Mark it down!
User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 836
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby specialsauce » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:17 pm

Are you here to have a discussion or just act like a troll? I made a comment about a news topic and how all of these recent events have been overblown. You can agree or disagree, but no need to be a dick.
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 8075
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby Superbone » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:43 pm

Nodack wrote:They say she didn't speak English very well so that might have been part of the problem. They allow you to roll your baby up to the plane in a stroller and then they check it. You get it right back when you land just like when the take your carry on from you when the bins are too full. I have done it dozens of times. I didn't try to hold onto my bag and fight them for it. That's a real good way to get booted from a plane on any airline.

Yep, must have been a misunderstanding by her. It's not like she needs her stroller while on the plane. There's definitely no reason to make a big fuss over it.
User avatar
Indy
Posts: 5393
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby Indy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:09 am

It seems people are making a fuss over how the AA employee threatened a passenger that came to her defense, not that they took away her stroller. He was a complete dick in that video, and shouldn't have a job where he interacts with customers.
User avatar
Indy
Posts: 5393
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby Indy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:11 am

specialsauce wrote:Are you here to have a discussion or just act like a troll? I made a comment about a news topic and how all of these recent events have been overblown. You can agree or disagree, but no need to be a dick.

How is he being a dick? He pointed out that you are offended by people being offended. It wasn't malicious at all.
User avatar
Marty [Mori Chu]
Posts: 6142
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby Marty [Mori Chu] » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:30 am

This is a common occurrence, to dig up dirt on somebody who gets into the media. Who cares if the doctor on the United flight was no saint? His past is irrelevant unless it is directly connected to the flight incident. Does being a gambler or hedonist mean that he deserves to be bloodied for holding his seat on an airplane? Why do we rush to blame a victim?
User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 836
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby specialsauce » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:29 pm

Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:Are you here to have a discussion or just act like a troll? I made a comment about a news topic and how all of these recent events have been overblown. You can agree or disagree, but no need to be a dick.

How is he being a dick? He pointed out that you are offended by people being offended. It wasn't malicious at all.


Sorry Indy, I don't see how this involves you.

It's quite obvious that his response had no purpose other than to mock. I'm done talking about this. Not worth it.
Phoenix219
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:13 am

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby Phoenix219 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:56 am

Its not victim blaming. It points to a past pattern of angry outbursts, defiance of authority and breaking of rules... all of which *absolutely* come into play in this incident. It also begs the question, was he on something mood altering at the time, causing him to respond the way he did? Finding context based on history is not digging up dirt, smearing, or victim blaming.
User avatar
Marty [Mori Chu]
Posts: 6142
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby Marty [Mori Chu] » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:17 pm

What exactly did the victim do to deserve being violently removed from the flight and physically injured? Which aspect of his past caused him to earn that treatment?
User avatar
Indy
Posts: 5393
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby Indy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:40 pm

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:What exactly did the victim do to deserve being violently removed from the flight and physically injured? Which aspect of his past caused him to earn that treatment?

Reading the statement from the officers that describe him as violently swinging his arms up and down, makes you think. But then reading the statement where the officer says his statement is being given under duress because he will be terminated if he refused to provide it, is telling.
User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 836
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: United Airlines violently manhandles passenger

Postby specialsauce » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:31 pm

Indy wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:What exactly did the victim do to deserve being violently removed from the flight and physically injured? Which aspect of his past caused him to earn that treatment?

Reading the statement from the officers that describe him as violently swinging his arms up and down, makes you think. But then reading the statement where the officer says his statement is being given under duress because he will be terminated if he refused to provide it, is telling.


If you were the officer and were told there was a passenger who refused to get off the plane when asked multiple times by staff, and who you personally asked get off but refused, what would you do? I don't see how what they did was inappropriate. They did not hit him. He resisted them attempting to pull him up and in that process he thrashed and got cut. This is not a case of them beating him.

It's the same At any public establishment in which the police or security are involved. If you refuse to leave, you are escorted out by security. If you refuse to leave on your own two feet, you are physically removed.

Whether they ever should have asked him to leave in the first place is up for debate. Once the passengers were already aboard they should have let it rest

Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest