Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:16 pm
That sounds like an idiot who is also trying to appease his insane base(for a future political career) & save face with his social circle after he resigned, knowing there was nothing there in another ridiculous witch hunt.
Sounds to me like you just made all that up because you didn’t like what he had to say.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:35 am
In2ition wrote:
That sounds like an idiot who is also trying to appease his insane base(for a future political career) & save face with his social circle after he resigned, knowing there was nothing there in another ridiculous witch hunt.
Sounds to me like you just made all that up because you didn’t like what he had to say.
It's just my opinion on the situation. If he so strongly believes that he has this evidence, don't quit and go the easy route, keep fighting.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:58 am
Nodack wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:35 am
In2ition wrote:
It's just my opinion on the situation. If he so strongly believes that he has this evidence, don't quit and go the easy route, keep fighting.
Who is he supposed to keep fighting? The newly elected politician that gets to make that decision told him he won't bring charges despite all of the evidence.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's his job to keep making the case to the newly elected politician that it needs to continue to be pursued. This is what I'd tell him.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

I bet you would.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think he is a "pussy" for resigning over this. Being willing to give up his job is arguably more brave than not doing so. Though I do wonder whether it's unethical for him to openly talk about the details of an unfinished investigation publicly the way he has.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hmm.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Duh.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Trump WH turned ofer all the records of their phone calls to an from on Jan 6 but, conveniently left out all the records from the the time of the assault on the capital. I’m sure they just misplaced them somewhere and didn’t do it intentionally to hide their conversations because that would be unethical.

White House records turned over to House show 7-hour gap in Trump phone log on Jan. 6
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-call ... january-6/
Internal White House records from the day of the attack on the U.S. Capitol that were turned over to the House select committee show a gap in President Donald Trump's phone logs of seven hours and 37 minutes, including the period when the building was being violently assaulted, according to documents obtained by CBS News' chief election & campaign correspondent Robert Costa and The Washington Post's associate editor Bob Woodward.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nixon erased 18.5 minutes. Trump erased 457 minutes.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Uh.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have to hand it to Trump. He keeps finding new ways for me to be disgusted by him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Trump sues Hillary Clinton, DNC for more than $70 million over 2016 election, 'spurious' Russia collusion claims
Dan Mangan - Mar 24
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAVspW7

• Former President Donald Trump sued Hillary Clinton, the Democratic National Committee and others for allegedly conspiring to "weave a false narrative" during the 2016 election that Trump and his campaign were colluding with Russia.
  • The Republican ex-president filed the suit in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida more than five years after defeating Clinton the race that was the subject of the supposed plot.
  • It also comes three years after then-special counsel Robert Mueller said his investigation had found that the Trump campaign was "receptive" to help from Russia during his 2016 campaign.

Former President Donald Trump on Thursday sued Hillary Clinton, the Democratic National Committee and others for allegedly conspiring to "weave a false narrative" during the 2016 presidential election that Trump and his campaign were colluding with Russia.

Trump's RICO suit says that Clinton, who was his Democratic opponent in that election, and other defendants as part of the purported scheme falsified evidence, deceived law enforcement authorities and exploited access to "highly-sensitive data sources" in a way that "even the events of Watergate pale in comparison."

The lawsuit seeks more than $72 million in damages, an amount that is triple the $24 million in legal fees and other damages that Trump allegedly has accrued as a result of the defendants' purported conduct.
Spoiler: show/hide

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

^ I mean, okay, but isn't that likely to be tossed out as a frivolous lawsuit? I don't see how he will be able to show damages and that Hillary Clinton herself was responsible for any such damages (as opposed to the media or whomever).

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:57 am
^ I mean, okay, but isn't that likely to be tossed out as a frivolous lawsuit? I don't see how he will be able to show damages and that Hillary Clinton herself was responsible for any such damages (as opposed to the media or whomever).
It won't get thrown out. They won't be able to get out of the previous direct court rulings on particular things in the suit that showed they were in the wrong. This will most likely end up leading to criminal charges too.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:18 am
Nixon erased 18.5 minutes. Trump erased 457 minutes.
Official review of Trump phone logs from January 6 finds record is complete
By: CNN

By Zachary Cohen, Katelyn Polantz, Ryan Nobles, Annie Grayer, Ashley Semler and Jamie Gangel, CNN
Posted: Mar 31, 2022 10:21 PM CDT
https://cbs58.com/news/official-review- ... s-complete

(CNN) -- In the seven hours during which White House records show no phone calls to or from then-President Donald Trump on January 6, 2021, among the calls that are conspicuously absent is one Trump made to then-Vice President Mike Pence that morning from the Oval Office.

While the call is not specifically noted in the presidential diary or the presidential call log, its existence has been corroborated by multiple sources who were with Trump and Pence that day, including former aides who testified before the House select committee investigating the US Capitol attack.

And it's not the only call Trump is known to have made in that timeframe that is not reflected in the records.

The mystery of the seven-hour gap has fueled furious speculation as to why calls are missing. That includes allegations that Trump was using "burner phones" (which he has denied) or that the logs were purposely suppressed.

But the gap might have a less mysterious explanation.
Spoiler: show/hide

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Lots of people claimed to have spoken to Trump that day. They all must have been lying because there is no record of it and Trump said he had no idea what a burner phone was. That proves he is completely innocent.