The US Economy

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: The US Economy

Post by In2ition »

This is a manipulation of what he said. He believes that the economy is going to crash. It's not a matter of if, but when. He doesn't want it to crash when he's in office, because it's not his fault, but will be blamed. I would say the same damn thing if I was about to win and I knew the economy is on the brink of crashing.

Btw, the Pedo Project is not a serious group.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nobody knows what the economy is going to do. It’s selfish. Plain and simple.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump also just said the only reason the economy is doing well is because of him and everything he did. Not very long ago at all Trump was telling us what a horrible economy this was and it’s all Biden’s fault. Trumps lawyer just said a President can get Seal Team 6 to assassinate a rival and it’s legal.

And back on Earth…

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So, to recap:

- The economy is going to crash if you elect Biden.
(Biden gets elected)

- The economy is going to crash!
(to be fair, economic data is a bit shaky early in the Biden term)

- The economy is crashing!
(economy recovers and becomes strong)

- The economy is a disaster! The data is fake!
(increasingly large pile of data shows that economy is actually doing well)

- Well, uh, even though the "DATA" says the economy is strong, I don't FEEL that the economy is strong. For ME.
(okay, great)

- There's a vast conspiracy to make the economy seem good to help Biden get re-elected!
(no)

- The economy is going to crash if you re-elect Biden! I hope it doesn't happen while I am in office!
(cycle has repeated)

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

don't forget that Biden's going to take your guns!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Are the foundations of the economy good?
All economic indicators are good?

I hope this helps you understand why I'm saying this, so you don't feel inclined to strawman my position. Thanks.
Counter point:
We do know that since Nixon, the dollar has been tied to oil and is considered a petroleum backed fiat currency, which makes it the world reserve currency, as you could only buy oil with dollars. This is changing and you can buy oil with other currencies, thus the US dollar is slowly losing it's world reserve currency status. This won't be good if this happens and it may cause the dollar to go into hyper inflation, due to calls on debt and more countries not accepting the dollar.

I will preference this by saying, no single economic indicator is perfect, and these all could be coincidentally wrong. Here are a few indicators that don't exactly scream everything is GREAT!!!!!

https://citizenwatchreport.com/economic ... rs-worsen/
Economic storm brewing as indicators worsen…
January 4, 2024 2:18 pm by CWR

This is another good explanation of current economic indicators.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I've never heard of any of those sources.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

a) Those are just random tweets from random people; I don't see what authority they have to judge the economy. As usual your sources are questionable.

b) Most of the tweets, even if you try to take them at face value, talk about -prediction- of recession. They are like, "This economic indicator here is screaming recession," or "this indicator predicts economic downturns by about 12 months." That's a prediction, not an indicator that we are in a recession. And citing suicides? I don't see any evidence shown of a causal link between the current suicide rate and the economy currently being bad.
I will preference this by saying, no single economic indicator is perfect, and these all could be coincidentally wrong. Here are a few indicators that don't exactly scream everything is GREAT!!!!!
I do agree with this point you made. And I am not screaming that everything is "GREAT!", I'm just saying that the claim that Biden's economy is a disaster seems exaggerated and doesn't seem to match the preponderance of data. It feels like a partisan attack to me. The people who don't like Biden / libs are claiming the economy stinks, or that XYZ magic indicator hints that it's "going" to stink, but I doubt they'd say that if their guy were in charge. It's just partisan doomcasting.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm just saying that the claim that Biden's economy is a disaster seems exaggerated and doesn't seem to match the preponderance of data. It feels like a partisan attack to me. The people who don't like Biden / libs are claiming the economy stinks, or that XYZ magic indicator hints that it's "going" to stink, but I doubt they'd say that if their guy were in charge. It's just partisan doomcasting.
Is there any evidence that these are partisan attacks?(I may have missed something I posted) Or is everything negative a partisan attack? If proven right, was it just partisan doomcasting or was it economic indicators that you dismissed and ignored, because you perceived it as partisan attacks without justification for thinking that? I literally tried to find things for you that didn't come off as a partisan attack, which would have been easily dismissed.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:52 pm
a) Those are just random tweets from random people; I don't see what authority they have to judge the economy. As usual your sources are questionable.

b) Most of the tweets, even if you try to take them at face value, talk about -prediction- of recession. They are like, "This economic indicator here is screaming recession," or "this indicator predicts economic downturns by about 12 months." That's a prediction, not an indicator that we are in a recession. And citing suicides? I don't see any evidence shown of a causal link between the current suicide rate and the economy currently being bad.
a) You and everyone here is literally just a random person that don't have authority to judge the economy, just like I am.

b) I was trying to give you a broad range of thought, and yes, suicides would be a casual link, but shows that the economy isn't as good for everyone as it is for you.

c) You're complaints are duly noted, but tbh come off as whiny.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The economy is never great for everyone ever in the history of the planet. We could be in the worst recession the US has ever seen and there is still no way I would ever consider voting for Trump.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Like a broken record, we all know that there is no scenario where you would ever vote for Trump. No one is telling you to, and no one expects you to change your mind.

I wouldn't even put together some wild hypothetical scenario either.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I wouldn't say that this is great news for the US Economy.

Consumer prices rose 0.3% in December, higher than expected, pushing the annual rate to 3.4%
PUBLISHED THU, JAN 11 20248:32 AM ESTUPDATED THU, JAN 11 202411:35 AM EST
Jeff Cox
@JEFF.COX.7528
@JEFFCOXCNBCCOM
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/11/cpi-inf ... rcent.html

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The economy will NEVER be perfect from month to month. Silly post.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ok, I disagree.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:44 pm

Consumer prices rose 0.3% in December, higher than expected, pushing the annual rate to 3.4%
Jeff Cox
@JEFF.COX.7528
@JEFFCOXCNBCCOM
Just great news for Maga.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:50 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:44 pm

Jeff Cox
@JEFF.COX.7528
@JEFFCOXCNBCCOM
Just great news for Maga.
Nah, it sucks for everyone where even small changes hurt which is mostly Maga.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I’m sure Trump is distraught.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:46 pm
Ok, I disagree.
You can disagree but you’re wrong. Just like the stock market doesn’t always have an upward trajectory.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:59 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:46 pm
Ok, I disagree.
You can disagree but you’re wrong. Just like the stock market doesn’t always have an upward trajectory.
You're right that the Economy will never be perfect month to month, but it wasn't a silly post. There is nothing silly about inflation going up, when we all get gaslit by the WH on the economy weekly.