2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
ShelC

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by ShelC »

Until people start going to jail it'll only get worse. They've seen what they can get away with and eventually, they'll start finding the "right" people for positions like state election officials who will go along with the kind of stuff Trump was up to.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

‘Be ready to fight’: FBI probe of U.S. Capitol riot finds evidence detailing coordination of an assault
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/be-re ... r-BB1deSl2
“Be ready to fight. Congress needs to hear glass breaking, doors being kicked in,”

Investigators caution there is an important legal distinction between gathering like-minded people for a political rally — which is protected by the First Amendment — and organizing an armed assault on the seat of American government. The task now is to distinguish which people belong in each category, and who played key roles in committing or coordinating the violence.

In conversations later that month, Watkins allegedly spoke in apocalyptic terms about the prospect of Joe Biden being sworn in as president on Jan. 20.

“If he is, our way of life as we know it is over. Our Republic would be over. Then it is our duty as Americans to fight, kill and die for our rights. . . . If Biden get the steal, none of us have a chance in my mind. We already have our neck in the noose. They just haven’t kicked the chair yet.”

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:36 am
Until people start going to jail it'll only get worse. They've seen what they can get away with and eventually, they'll start finding the "right" people for positions like state election officials who will go along with the kind of stuff Trump was up to.
I almost wish the impeachment trial could be delayed until they finish more of the investigation of the insurrection. I am willing to bet they will have numerous members of congress (and their staff) as well as exec branch employees (including POTUS) with damning evidence after they get all the cell phone data.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Poll: 64 percent of GOP voters say they would join a Trump-led new party
https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-america ... mp-led-3rd

Dividing the GOP into two separate party’s would be a great thing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Anybody watching MyPillow Guy's 3-hour election fraud documentary today?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:12 am

What is wrong with these people?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:01 am
Can you ever get those 3 hours back? It truly is flabbergasting how crazy some people are.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:40 am
Nodack wrote:

Racism. Sexism. Xenophobia. And some people just want someone to follow, regardless of how little that person cares about them. Kind of like some abuse victims.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:42 am
Superbone wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:40 am
Nodack wrote:

Racism. Sexism. Xenophobia. And some people just want someone to follow, regardless of how little that person cares about them. Kind of like some abuse victims.
Yeah, I guess so. It just doesn't make sense to rational people who think for themselves.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:01 am

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Idk even know where to go with that tweet. I certainly didn't watch it, I caught a couple portions that were taken out in social media, but if that tweet was trying to convince me that it's all fake, it did a piss poor job.

I saw that it's possible and very likely that the Maricopa County elections board may be arrested by the Sergeant-at-arms on Monday for failure to comply with the subpoenas issued.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:23 pm
Idk even know where to go with that tweet. I certainly didn't watch it, I caught a couple portions that were taken out in social media, but if that tweet was trying to convince me that it's all fake, it did a piss poor job.

I saw that it's possible and very likely that the Maricopa County elections board may be arrested by the Sergeant-at-arms on Monday for failure to comply with the subpoenas issued.
Telling that it isn't the sheriff or local police, right? There is no requirement for them to turn over actual ballots to this nutcase of a senate. It has been audited multiple times. Every time they lose, they want to count it again. They lost. Get over it. And if they don't want to accept the results, they shouldn't have accepted their race results and shouldn't be sitting state senators.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:41 pm
In2ition wrote:

Telling that it isn't the sheriff or local police, right? There is no requirement for them to turn over actual ballots to this nutcase of a senate. It has been audited multiple times. Every time they lose, they want to count it again. They lost. Get over it. And if they don't want to accept the results, they shouldn't have accepted their race results and shouldn't be sitting state senators.
I'm in no position to disagree with that. If it's found out now or here in the near future that there was fraud and it was done and certified knowingly, I think the consequences are pretty severe. Arrests by the Sergeant-at-arms is hardly anything, not that I think anything will come of it.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:52 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I'm in no position to disagree with that. If it's found out now or here in the near future that there was fraud and it was done and certified knowingly, I think the consequences are pretty severe. Arrests by the Sergeant-at-arms is hardly anything, not that I think anything will come of it.
Despite numerous audits proving otherwise, why do you think Maricopa country had wide-spread voter fraud?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am not even going to bother to read anything else about the fake voter fraud BS. Let me know if they actually find anything.

This is what happens when you peddle fake BS.

Fox News Cancels ‘Lou Dobbs Tonight’ Following Multibillion-Dollar Lawsuit
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news- ... DE9GbVGfFk

Dobbs has remained one of former President Donald Trump’s most ardent and vocal supporters, parroting lies of widespread voter fraud and a stolen election long after they had been debunked. His conspiracy-mongering has landed him and his employer in boiling water: Smartmatic, a voting machines manufacturer, filed a defamation lawsuit Thursday seeking $2.7 billion in damages against Dobbs, Fox, Maria Bartiromo, Jeanine Pirro, and Trump lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell. Fox’s ratings have fallen steeply since the inauguration of President Joe Biden.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Indy wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:55 pm
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Despite numerous audits proving otherwise, why do you think Maricopa country had wide-spread voter fraud?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I don't remember saying that I did, but even if I did, who cares what I think? That being said, I don't think anything will come of this.

You'll need to do your own research on this, rather than relying on some idiot from ABC15 with a god complex.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:36 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Feels like the state senators don't agree with your assessment of the "numerous audits".

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:11 pm
I am not even going to bother to read anything else about the fake voter fraud BS. Let me know if they actually find anything.

This is what happens when you peddle fake BS.

Fox News Cancels ‘Lou Dobbs Tonight’ Following Multibillion-Dollar Lawsuit
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news- ... DE9GbVGfFk

Dobbs has remained one of former President Donald Trump’s most ardent and vocal supporters, parroting lies of widespread voter fraud and a stolen election long after they had been debunked. His conspiracy-mongering has landed him and his employer in boiling water: Smartmatic, a voting machines manufacturer, filed a defamation lawsuit Thursday seeking $2.7 billion in damages against Dobbs, Fox, Maria Bartiromo, Jeanine Pirro, and Trump lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell. Fox’s ratings have fallen steeply since the inauguration of President Joe Biden.
Idk, did you bother watching Lindell's "documentary"? I'm not sure how you dispute it or agree with it without actually watching it. That's quite the trick.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Not even going to watch a second of it.