The Democrats

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: The Democrats

Post by Nodack »

He pulled the fire alarm? <shakes head>

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What is this? Grade school? Unfortunately, most of our government "leaders" act like it.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Dammit, why didn’t anyone think of that against the Nuggets?

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Like they don’t have cameras at every corner there? Moron.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If you want to see the difference between Democrats and Republicans, here it is plain as day. Menendez gets indicted on corruption charges? He plummets in the polls. A Republican gets indicted? They go up in the polls or run for President.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Old news. Everyone knows if you wanna get ahead in the republican party, you gotta at least break a few laws and get caught, so you can fund raise off of being targeted by the evil US government.

Dems shun bad behavior. Cons reward it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Looks like Eric Adams, the (Dem) governor of NY, may have taken some dirty foreign money.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

These politicians just can’t help themselves. They got into politics for the wrong reason. They’re in it for the money.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Money, power, fame, and attention. In some order.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

The problem is… good, qualified people don’t want to be politicians after seeing the last 5 decades of b.s. that comes with it.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:49 pm
Looks like Eric Adams, the (Dem) governor of NY, may have taken some dirty foreign money.

Unfortunate…. Kinda liked him.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:49 pm

To be fair, all money is pretty dirty.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sen. Joe Manchin announces that he is not seeking re-election in 2024. He is likely going to explore a third-party Presidential bid. (boooo)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I admittedly haven't checked to see if the Arizona Sun Times is on the approved sites for source material, but found this a little disturbing. Tbh, I don't think this type of thing is only done by one side. I just wasn't sure what thread to put this.

https://arizonasuntimes.com/politics/co ... 024/01/03/
Convicted Arizona Ballot Harvester Appointed San Luis Vice Mayor Despite Sentence Keeping Her from Public Office
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I read the article. She and her friend were convicted of ballot harvesting in a primary, which I guess is when you turn in other people’s ballots for them and you aren’t a family member. The case involved 12 ballots. I doesn’t say if she got blank ballots and filled them out herself or just collected ballots completed by the actual people named on the ballot.

The paper is a conservative paper that owns several conservative papers across the US run by a guy who regularly contributes to Breitbart according to the paper’s about us page but, the story is confirmed by many sources such as KTAR.

KTAR - “ Despite efforts by Republicans who have rallied around the possibility of widespread voting fraud in the 2020 election to paint the Fuentes case as a sign of rampant voting fraud, there’s no sign her illegal ballot collection went beyond the small-town politics she was involved in.”

Type in Republican election fraud into your browser and you will get to see all the Republicans around the country guilty of election fraud. There are too many to bother posting. The point is there are 331 million people and some of them do things they shouldn’t but, it’s not some well coordinated national conspiracy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The point was that she pled guilty and was sentenced to not be allowed to hold public office, yet here we are.

Would you expect a left leaning publication to post anything about this story? I wouldn't. I also wouldn't say that fraud is monopolized by one party or the other. That's just partisan thinking. I know that if someone thinks that they can get away with it and it benefits them, they will do it, regardless of who or what party it is.

Well, True the Vote, which was the one that also tracked ballot mules through GPS data(2000 Mules) just won their suit in Georgia that they were fighting for 3 years. Justice does move slowly. More to come.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The lawsuit they won doesn't prove any existence of voter fraud. The lawsuit was about whether they (True the Vote) were engaging in voter suppression / intimidation during the 2020 election because they were submitting lots of bogus and frivolous challenges that had little to no merit. So they (TTV) got sued claiming it amounted to voter suppression.
In a footnote in the decision, Judge Jones, who was appointed to his post by President Barack Obama, was careful not to give a blessing to tactics like True the Vote’s.

“In making this conclusion, the court, in no way, is condoning TTV’s actions in facilitating a mass number of seemingly frivolous challenges,” he wrote. He added: “TTV’s list utterly lacked reliability. Indeed, it verges on recklessness.

Fair Fight sued True the Vote three years ago, after the conservative group organized challenges in December 2020 questioning the eligibility of more than 250,000 registered Georgia voters. To spur right-wing activists to help challenge voters, True the Vote created a $1 million reward fund and offered bounties for evidence of “election malfeasance.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/02/us/p ... orgia.html

So your team won a narrow case granting them permission to submit BS challenges to people's votes even if they have no real basis or evidence. Way to go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:49 pm
The lawsuit they won doesn't prove any existence of voter fraud. The lawsuit was about whether they (True the Vote) were engaging in voter suppression / intimidation during the 2020 election because they were submitting lots of bogus and frivolous challenges that had little to no merit. So they (TTV) got sued claiming it amounted to voter suppression.
In a footnote in the decision, Judge Jones, who was appointed to his post by President Barack Obama, was careful not to give a blessing to tactics like True the Vote’s.

“In making this conclusion, the court, in no way, is condoning TTV’s actions in facilitating a mass number of seemingly frivolous challenges,” he wrote. He added: “TTV’s list utterly lacked reliability. Indeed, it verges on recklessness.

Fair Fight sued True the Vote three years ago, after the conservative group organized challenges in December 2020 questioning the eligibility of more than 250,000 registered Georgia voters. To spur right-wing activists to help challenge voters, True the Vote created a $1 million reward fund and offered bounties for evidence of “election malfeasance.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/02/us/p ... orgia.html

So your team won a narrow case granting them permission to submit BS challenges to people's votes even if they have no real basis or evidence. Way to go.
I guess we'll now actually see if your opinion is true or not.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hey, In2, whether I think your sources are valid or not, I appreciate you being in here making your case. It's good to have opposing view points. Until we figure out how to work together as a country, things won't improve. As far as I know, this is the most divisive time in US history since I've been born.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:00 pm
Hey, In2, whether I think your sources are valid or not, I appreciate you being in here making your case. It's good to have opposing view points. Until we figure out how to work together as a country, things won't improve. As far as I know, this is the most divisive time in US history since I've been born.
Thanks. I'm trying hard to be as unbiased or non-partisan as I can, while making a case with an alternative pov and not escalate contentions.