The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by Nodack »

It sucked because Trump said so.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

We've talked about this already and told you why it sucked. No need to keep going over it. I certainly didn't need Trump to see it sucked.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

There was a bunch of Republicans that sat down with Democrats and crafted this bill and they all thought it was a great bill. They must be dumbass Republicans or RINO’s or on the Democrat payroll if they were for the bill?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm not going to deny that there were Republicans that helped craft the bill. We know that was a fact. I just question the job that they did.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It was a bipartisan effort shot down by Trump so it is DOA. End of story.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

He wasn't even the first Republican that came out and said it was bad. Before Trump commented on it, Cruz came out against it. Then Johnson said it was DOA. This all happened before Trump said anything.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:44 pm
He wasn't even the first Republican that came out and said it was bad. Before Trump commented on it, Cruz came out against it. Then Johnson said it was DOA. This all happened before Trump said anything.
Trump has been advising Johnson privately. Johnson admitted he speaks to him frequently.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:55 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:44 pm
Trump has been advising Johnson privately. Johnson admitted he speaks to him frequently.
So you know for sure that Trump told him to call it DOA before Johnson said it? I'm sure that there are a lot of people that talk to Trump frequently, I am not denying that.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm sorry that you thought I was picking on you, In2. I think I'll just stay out of the politics thread for the most part. Nobody is going to change anybody's opinion. It's like Bizarro world in here. People are seeing totally different realities from each other. I guess it really is true that social media has a huge impact on everybody. It's amazing to me how even the news media now is so impartial.

The thing I'll stick to though and continue to believe is that if all of us were to hang out and not talk politics, we'd probably get along famously. I don't think we're that different.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:42 pm
I'm sorry that you thought I was picking on you, In2. I think I'll just stay out of the politics thread for the most part. Nobody is going to change anybody's opinion. It's like Bizarro world in here. People are seeing totally different realities from each other. I guess it really is true that social media has a huge impact on everybody. It's amazing to me how even the news media now is so impartial.

The thing I'll stick to though and continue to believe is that if all of us were to hang out and not talk politics, we'd probably get along famously. I don't think we're that different.
You don't need to stay out of the politics folder. I don't mean to make anyone upset. Even though I don't agree with everything in here, I don't think it should be an echo chamber either. I think we need each other to keep each other accountable. If I'm wrong, I'm not afraid of criticism. I appreciate your POV and wisdom.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Democrats will claim that they take out their bad apples, unlike the Reps.

Swallwell banged a Chinese spy. He’s still in Congress.

Rashida Tlaib called for an insurrection over aide to Israel and called for the genocide of Jews and she’s still in Congress.

Ilhan Omar committed immigration fraud and she’s still in Congress.

Menendez has a house full of gold bars from bribes he took from the Egyptians like some kind of a Sultan. He’s still in congress.

Feinstein had a Chinese spy as a driver for years and years. She's demented and still in Congress.

Pelosi clearly has made a lot of money from insider trading. She's still in Congress.

All of those losers are far worse than Santos.

Yet Republicans, who love to cement their place in history as losers, got rid of Santos, who votes 90% ultra conservative.

So, when this two years is up, our Republican majority will have ONLY accomplished the expulsion of one of our own members (who has one of the most conservative voting records in Congress) absent a conviction and due process.

Well played Dems, well played. Reps are suckers.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Feinstein is dead.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:27 pm
Feinstein is dead.
It was the hearse driver. She was a real yapper. :P j/k

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:35 pm
Superbone wrote:
Feinstein is dead.
It was the hearse driver. She was a real yapper. :P j/k
That's a good one.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Feinstein is dead.
I forgot that she died. It felt like yesterday when she was talking in a committee hearing. RIP

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Strong message of the GOP to come out against their own party's candidate.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Most corrupt president ever.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The quote tweets and replies are roasting her for this. Who thought this was good?