The Democrats

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: The Democrats

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:19 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:24 pm
They aren't the same, but of course you would think so. Penny wasn't trying to kill Nealy, and had to act to protect the people on the subway from Nealy, who was threatening to kill them.
I didn’t say they were the same. I just said I don’t have them.

I get protecting. He was trained in chokeholds and performed it well. A court can decide whether he went too far.
You said it was George Floyd all over.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The police held George Floyd in a choke hold and he died. There seems to be a pattern with choke holds. People die. Choke holds have been banned in many police forces I believe. There seems to be a point where these people are no longer resisting at all and seem to be unconscious and yet they continue to keep choking them long after.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:33 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:25 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:11 pm
We're just straight up sharing LibsOfTikTok tweets now? Blech.
Libsoftiktok is your Aaron Rupar.
LibsOfTikTok is actively putting people in danger. Aaron Rupar is just some indy journalist who tweets out clips of speeches from CSPAN.
How is LibsOfTikTok actively putting people in danger? Doesn't LibsOfTikTok do the same thing as Rupar, tweets out videos that the insane left posts themselves?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libs_of_TikTok
Some Libs of TikTok posts have resulted in harassment against teachers, medical providers, children's hospitals, libraries, LGBT venues,[12][26][27][28] and educational facilities, with several of which having received bomb threats after being featured on a post.[29] Libs of TikTok posts regularly slur LGBT people, as well as those who provide mental-health services to LGBT youth and LGBT sex education to students, as "groomers".[c] Its followers "routinely attack individuals whose content is shared",[22] and several dozen incidents of online or real-life threats and harassment against a range of targets have been linked to Libs of TikTok's tweets, especially those where Raichik singles out specific events, locations or people.[32][33]

According to a report by Advance Democracy Inc., tweets by Libs of TikTok result in a spike in mentions of specific hospitals and doctors across Twitter. In many of the mentions, doctors are referred to as "child molesters", "pedos", "groomers", and "butchers".[85]

Drag queens and drag events organizers said that they received harassment and threats after tweets from Libs of TikTok about them and their work.[58] In 2021, Libs of TikTok encouraged its followers to call child protective services (CPS) on a transgender couple who were shown in the Facebook Watch documentary series 9 Months with Courteney Cox attempting to breastfeed their newborn baby.[42][130]

In July 2022, OutLoud North Bay, a centre for LGBT youth in Ontario, received hate messages and death threats after Libs of TikTok posted tweets in response to the centre announcing a drag show for children.[131] Also in July, Libs of TikTok made a tweet criticizing the Conservative Jewish camping network, Camp Ramah in Northern California, for "housing kids according to their gender identity rather than birth sex".[132][133]

On August 10, 2022, Libs of TikTok reposted a video of a therapist who works with sex offenders who have been jailed. In the video, the therapist says their pronouns and advises people to use the term "minor-attracted persons" (MAPs) instead of "pedophiles", arguing that the latter term has "moved from being a diagnostic label to being a judgmental, hurtful insult that we hurl at people in order to harm them or slander them". They also argue that pedophiles do not choose their attraction to children and should not be solely defined by that one aspect of themselves. Libs of TikTok only posted the first two minutes of the video, which made it sound like the therapist was advocating for acceptance of pedophilia and for people to be nicer to child sex abusers. In the full version of the video, the therapist condemns child sex abuse crimes. Libs of TikTok's reposted video has been promoted by Russian and European disinformation networks, such as Tsargrad TV.[67][134]

Michael O'Brien, a pediatrics resident at a hospital in South Carolina, said that he received threats after Libs of TikTok, on August 15, retweeted a tweet in which he had criticized the account. O'Brien reported some of the threats to his employer's public safety office: "I got three specific threats that came from within a 50-mile radius of where I live", adding that "The threats felt very tangible. I had to take action to protect my partner and warn my family."[16]

In September 2022, Libs of TikTok claimed that workshops for transgender youth and their families run by the American healthcare company Kaiser Permanente were being held "without parental consent" despite the workshops being designed for both children and parents.[53] Also in September 2022, a tea shop in Salt Lake City reported receiving "an endless barrage of harassment" after Libs of TikTok's Instagram account reposted a video featuring a young girl dancing with a drag queen inside the tea shop.[135]

On September 23, 2022, a two-minute video of Dr. Katherine Gast (co-director at the University of Wisconsin-Madison's UW Health gender services program) describing gender-affirming surgeries was reposted by Libs of TikTok with the caption: "Gast happily describes some of the "gender affirming" surgeries she offers to adolescents including vaginoplasties, phalloplasties, and double mastectomies."[86] In an emailed response to NBC News, Libs of TikTok stood by her characterization of doctors who work in transgender healthcare. Although Gast does not perform genital surgery on minors, she does perform mastectomies (also known as "top surgery") in some cases for older teenagers after evaluations by mental health care professionals and doctors, and with parental consent. The original tweet by Libs of TikTok received almost half a million views, one of eight in a thread about Gast and her patients. Senator Ted Cruz tweeted: "She does this to children. Sterilizes & mutilates them. Before they are old enough to consent." Gast and her family were doxxed and her clinic has received "harassing phone calls".[85]

After analyzing Libs of TikTok's online activity in April 2022 through November 2022, a counter-extremism research group named "Task Force Butler Institute" estimated Raichik singled out a specific event, location or person over 280 times, resulting in 66 incidents of harassment or threats against her targets.[32]

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:53 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:02 am
Because of course no charges for filming gay sex in the hearing room.
I'm not defending lewd acts in the Congressional hearing room. But is it a crime? Maybe it's more of a workplace thing, where the person involved should be dismissed or fired?
When you're right, you're right. It's not illegal, and seems to be a thing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's weird that Republicans are bothered by consensual sex between two random people but don't think it is a big deal when their candidates commit sexual assaults.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's weird that Democrats are not bothered by consensual sex between two government employees in the sacred grounds and rooms of the nation's Capital building, and also don't think it is a big deal when their candidates commit sexual assaults.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s an embarrassment that someone would do that. I’m sure it gave them a thrill. He was an employee with official access that thought it would be fun. Sort of reminds me of Lauren Bobart getting to second base in a crowded theatre. They didn’t arrest her. They threw her out. They threw her out for vaping and not even the groping.

It’s more of a sacred grounds thing when they are counting the votes for President of the US and there is a mob of the candidate that lost attacking the Capital forcing all the Congressmen to evacuate and run for their lives.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's only considered sacred grounds at specific times? I'm sure the employee considered it sacred grounds when he suggested it for some exciting gratification and filming.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This seems good, right?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:20 pm
It's only considered sacred grounds at specific times? I'm sure the employee considered it sacred grounds when he suggested it for some exciting gratification and filming.
Comparing some guy who works there secretly having sex in the chambers to a mob of thousands clashing with the police and trying to break in the Capital by force to stop the certification of Biden as President is a silly argument to me.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:57 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:20 pm
Comparing some guy who works there secretly having sex in the chambers to a mob of thousands clashing with the police and trying to break in the Capital by force to stop the certification of Biden as President is a silly argument to me.
I'm not comparing these knuckleheads with those knuckleheads. I talking about the Capitol, and when it's sacred. You know that.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I guess it’s always sacred. It’s the nations Capital.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:35 pm
It's weird that Democrats are not bothered by consensual sex between two government employees in the sacred grounds and rooms of the nation's Capital building, and also don't think it is a big deal when their candidates commit sexual assaults.
It’s weird that Republicans are not bothered by the smearing of human feces and urine all over the Capitol building.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:06 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:35 pm
It’s weird that Republicans are not bothered by the smearing of human feces and urine all over the Capitol building.
If there are Republicans that are not bothered, it's a small minority. I can't remember seeing anyone that excused that or that was unbothered by it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:36 am
If there are Republicans that are not bothered, it's a small minority. I can't remember seeing anyone that excused that or that was unbothered by it.
I have been told that 1/6 was a "peaceful protest," that it was a "beautiful day," and that the people who have been prosecuted for it are "great people" and are now "hostages." Sources below.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... s-hostages
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/1 ... ple-499165
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 555056002/
https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/11/politics ... index.html

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

We're talking specifically about the accusations of smearing human feces and urine all over the place.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:43 am
We're talking specifically about the accusations of smearing human feces and urine all over the place.
What about it? We're talking about whether Republicans are "bothered" by that behavior? You've asked for proof that they are "unbothered" by that behavior; no, that's the wrong way of it. You need to supply evidence that they ARE bothered by that behavior. If they've said nothing about the feces specifically, and they've said lots of positive things about what a beautiful day 1/6 was generally and how the people who participated in it are patriots and peaceful and great people, then the most reasonable conclusion is that Republicans are *un*bothered by the feces. Please feel free to present any evidence of Republicans being upset by the feces-smearing behavior on 1/6, or any of the other crimes like attacking police officers, property damage, trying to find and kill Mike Pence, Nancy Pelosi, AOC, and others, on and on.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:27 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:43 am
What about it? We're talking about whether Republicans are "bothered" by that behavior? You've asked for proof that they are "unbothered" by that behavior; no, that's the wrong way of it. You need to supply evidence that they ARE bothered by that behavior. If they've said nothing about the feces specifically, and they've said lots of positive things about what a beautiful day 1/6 was generally and how the people who participated in it are patriots and peaceful and great people, then the most reasonable conclusion is that Republicans are *un*bothered by the feces. Please feel free to present any evidence of Republicans being upset by the feces-smearing behavior on 1/6, or any of the other crimes like attacking police officers, property damage, trying to find and kill Mike Pence, Nancy Pelosi, AOC, and others, on and on.
So I need to take each of these things separately. Saying lots of positive things about that day isn't being unbothered. Their were over 1 million people near the White House to listen to President Trump speak. Most of them say it was a beautiful day, even though it was cold as hell. Most of the people were happy, singing, and praying and had nothing NOTHING to do with the Capitol and never even went there. You can understand that, or is it not logical to be able to say positive things, because of what happened at the Capitol?

So, it was probably 1 or 2 people that did the "smearing of human feces", so it doesn't make sense to convict everyone of these actions.

As far as the "kill Mike Pence" crap. That gallow that is constantly used as an example that EVERYONE wanted to kill them, is also silly. The gallow was a prop, and couldn't have hung child. You don't actually think that props at Romeo and Juliet are actual castles, right? Other than that, you obviously have some bad apples, but that doesn't mean that the entire crop is bad.

Would you like me to provide to you examples of the opposite argument?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:48 am
Most of the people were happy, singing, and praying and had nothing NOTHING to do with the Capitol and never even went there.
In direct defiance of their leader’s orders. :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.