Social media

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Social media

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:36 am
I thought this was a joke but it’s not.

No longer the Lords chicken? Sure, ok.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

RFK Jr does a batshit interview on Twitter Spaces with Musk.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is gross. If you don't know, references to "adrenochrome" are basically a QAnon / anti-semitic conspiracy theory thing. The theory roughly goes that there's a conspiracy where Jews are harvesting this chemical from the blood of children called adrenochrome and then drinking / consuming it to try to gain health or longer life or whatever other benefit. So the poster here is essentially saying, lame old Biden "does" adrenochrome (harvests and brutalizes children) vs buff looking Mel Gibson is cool because he hates the "Js" (Jews). And Elon not only retweets this message, greatly amplifying its reach, but notes approvingly how muscular Gibson looks, implying endorsement of the message. Blech. The brain worms have really gotten to old Elon.

https://www.wired.com/story/opinion-the ... onspiracy/

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The whole Jewish drinking the blood of children thing sounds like just another stupid conspiracy theory made up by stupid people. I had the same reaction as Musk. Is Gibson really that buff now? He has some serious guns on him if he is. I guess he either took up weight lifting full time or that picture is doctored. Either way I have no idea what Biden and Gibson have to do with any of it other than right wingers hate Biden and Gibson is a known antisemite.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Twitter has been having problems since yesterday. Elon claims it is a new "rate limiting" feature to stop malicious attacks, but ...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oops, another one.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

“Fair and Balanced”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oh my goodness. I knew the Metaverse was a failure, but these numbers are staggering.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:49 pm
Oh my goodness. I knew the Metaverse was a failure, but these numbers are staggering.

That’s crazy!

If it was a version that was like something from “ready player one” it would be fantastic but we’re still a decade from that. VR is neat but has a long way to go. Until they get the hardware to at least a consistent 60fps at 4K resolution for under $400 it’s not worth entertaining. Apples new headset is amazing spec wise, but ridiculous price wise and only supports apples apps.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:10 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:49 pm

That’s crazy!

If it was a version that was like something from “ready player one” it would be fantastic but we’re still a decade from that. VR is neat but has a long way to go. Until they get the hardware to at least a consistent 60fps at 4K resolution for under $400 it’s not worth entertaining. Apples new headset is amazing spec wise, but ridiculous price wise and only supports apples apps.
Anybody else ever watch Caprica? It was a highly enjoyable single season TV show that took place mostly in VR. We are a LONG ways away. I swear, one of the big reasons I want to live a long life is to see where we get technologically.

I am a sucker for VR. I have Oculus 2 and PSVR2.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

So are you going to buy Apple’s headset?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:07 am
Maybe if I had an extra $10,000 sitting around!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:33 am
Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:07 am
Maybe if I had an extra $10,000 sitting around!
They're only $3500. Probably not. I'm going to wait until they have the apps to back it up. It's too heavy right now too. I've read that people can only handle a half hour at a time. I'd like to be able to watch a two hour movie on a giant screen. The NBA application seemed really cool though. It is as if you are at the game courtside.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oops!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That should be in the comedy thread.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Embarrassing.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s amazing how some of our most powerful people are really just ten year olds with fragile egos.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I mean, it's not that I am easily offended or want lewd jokes censored or banned or something like that. And I have made plenty of jokes about private parts and poopy and sex and whatever sophomoric topic in my day. But somewhere along the way (early 20s??) I grew up to the point where I wasn't making jokes like that at work, in public, in front of large groups of people... Maybe these rich guys get stuck in a state of arrested development because they don't get the same feedback that normal people get.

I just find these Elon messages to be so embarrassing and cringey and immature. It's like, you have 100 billion dollars and you want to spend your days making dick 'n' balls jokes online to get likes? That's the best use of your time that you've managed to find? Dude could be sitting on a beach sipping Mai Thais or traveling the world or whatever lavish thing he wants, and this is how he occupies himself? So lame.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »