The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Split T

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by Split T »

Greene is the wackiest of the wack jobs…it blows my mind enough people voted for her…

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:57 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:41 am
When you say 'us', who are you referring to?
People with microwave ovens.

People are paranoid. My mother wanted a TV in her bedroom. I installed a nice one that pulls out from the wall giving her the perfect view from her bed. She never watches it. She says they are watching her through the tv. She can tell by the looks on their faces so she won’t turn it on.
Interesting. I'm not saying she's entirely wrong, but I'm not sure they would want to specifically watch her.

An FBI agent came to talk to my wife's mom's group awhile back and told those mom's that this was being done.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In my mother’s case, she has been paranoid her entire life. She was a musician like me and sometimes wrote songs. She was paranoid people were outside her window listening and trying to steal her works as she composed them. I didn’t quite know how to tell her that nobody gives a rats ass what you are composing.

My aunt stayed with her and my step dad for awhile. One day landscapers next door were working and my mother made my aunt close the blinds in her room because one of the landscapers was black. She said “If they see a white woman they are going to come back later and rape you.” I don’t even know how to deal with that. From the time I was born to the time I left home my mother never spoke one political or racist comment in my presence. Now she is a different person. She is 100% on board the FOX conspiracy train.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:17 am
Greene is the wackiest of the wack jobs…it blows my mind enough people voted for her…
One of many sad side effects of partisan gerrymandering is that it produces a lot of non-competitive Congressional districts. This means the district is, say, 70-80% for one party, so the US House candidates who run don't really need to worry about the opposition. The real election ends up being the party primary. That's how you get somebody like Greene who doesn't need to reach out to try to get a single Republican vote. You can point to some Dems who similarly don't care in the slightest what a Republican or Independent in their district might think or want. If anything it produces a race to the extremes, because the only threat to a candidate like Greene would be a candidate from her own party who is even MORE extreme than she is. Hyper-polarization is bad stuff.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:25 am
Interesting. I'm not saying she's entirely wrong, but I'm not sure they would want to specifically watch her.

An FBI agent came to talk to my wife's mom's group awhile back and told those mom's that this was being done.
How exactly does one spy on Americans using their TVs? The TV has no camera or microphone hardware, and it has no ability to send out data, so how would it record or transmit any footage of the person watching it?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:00 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:25 am

How exactly does one spy on Americans using their TVs? The TV has no camera or microphone hardware, and it has no ability to send out data, so how would it record or transmit any footage of the person watching it?
Idk. That's exactly what I asked when she told me.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, but, why did an FBI agent come talk to your wife's mom and her friends? And why would such an FBI agent say that they are spying through TVs? And even if that were true, why would he divulge such a huge governmental secret?

Indy

Post by Indy »

someone was lying

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Well, I don't think my wife is capable of lying, so I would say it's the FBI agent then, or he was talking about some other type of TVs. idk

Indy

Post by Indy »

what was the reason an FBI employee came to talk to a mom's group?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

They had guest speakers every other week. It was just one of many over the yrs. Not sure why this specific one was speaking. They may have been asked by whoever was leading the group that particular yr.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:18 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:55 am
Why can't we just shoot all the pedos with the Jew space lasers?
Btw, what is a Jew space laser, and what difference does it have with other lasers? Is it better, more effective? Was it born Jewish, or converted to Judaism?
They've been circumcised.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:49 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Btw, what is a Jew space laser, and what difference does it have with other lasers? Is it better, more effective? Was it born Jewish, or converted to Judaism?
That's quite a cut.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:00 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:49 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
That's quite a cut.
;) But it's clean!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The GOP is openly a pro-authoritarian political party.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Does CPAC also support Hungary? I didn't realize that it was an International PAC.

Indy

Post by Indy »

They support fascism no matter where it is.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I liked a tweet I saw the other day that described it as, supporting Orban is the bridge between supporting Trump and supporting Putin. He's a gateway drug to full-blown authoritarianism. Anybody who thinks the US Presidency should be more like Orban's either isn't paying attention or wants a full-blown dictatorship here.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Arizona Supreme Court dismisses GOP lawsuit aimed at eliminating early voting
https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/06/politics ... index.html
Arizona's Supreme Court on Tuesday dismissed a lawsuit by state Republicans that aimed to eliminate the state's early voting system, which is used by the vast majority of Arizona voters.