The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by Superbone »

This guy is something else.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy

Post by Indy »

shocking.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is what drives the GOP today.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This goes for Dem humor nowadays?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Why do you guys even try? Listen to yourselves. Obviously, nobody here is EVER going to change each other's opinions. Especially when they are so drastically different. All it results in is fighting amongst yourselves. If this country is ever going to heal, people are going to have to talk to each other like real human beings and talk about their similarities more than their differences.

Going after each other will never accomplish anything.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:00 am
Why do you guys even try? Listen to yourselves. Obviously, nobody here is EVER going to change each other's opinions. Especially when they are so drastically different. All it results in is fighting amongst yourselves. If this country is ever going to heal, people are going to have to talk to each other like real human beings and talk about their similarities more than their differences.

I understand what you are trying to get at, but talking about our similarities just means things stay the same. If you don't discuss your differences, you don't make progress.

When I see people promoting propaganda designed to undermine the country I live in, I speak out on it. I can't just sit idly by and watch it happen.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:21 am
Superbone wrote:

I understand what you are trying to get at, but talking about our similarities just means things stay the same. If you don't discuss your differences, you don't make progress.

When I see people promoting propaganda designed to undermine the country I live in, I speak out on it. I can't just sit idly by and watch it happen.
I get and agree with your last sentence. But there is zero progress being made between you, 'Dack, and In2.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That makes sense. There is zero progress being made anywhere in America on this.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I get what Bone is trying to say. Myself, I try not to write too many long posts debating or debunking stuff I don't agree with. If I want to make a point of disagreement like that, I try my best to make it briefly and move on, or just make a gentle joke about it. I don't always succeed in that, but I think Bone is right that devoting paragraph after paragraph trying to debate and argue with each other doesn't really get anywhere.

For me I mostly post in here to hear what others are saying and thinking and to keep a bit better informed. I don't mind the posts from folks on the other side of the political spectrum from me because at least it keeps me clued in to what the other side is saying. It's always helpful to hear each other's perspective, even if you think the other guy is off his rocker. :-)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:27 am
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:

I get and agree with your last sentence. But there is zero progress being made between you, 'Dack, and In2.
I am not expecting In2 to see what I am saying. That doesn't mean I am going to stop pointing out falsehood and inaccuracies.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:42 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:27 am
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:

I am not expecting In2 to see what I am saying. That doesn't mean I am going to stop pointing out falsehood and inaccuracies.
Yeah, I already agreed with that part.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

yeah, I was just trying to get more agreement in this thread. 8-)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This probably could be posted in a few different discussions, but I picked this one because it stems from the Culture War bullshit being weaponized by the GOP.

I'd never heard of this woman until today. She can't possibly be the only person in politics to speak candidly about this, right? Maybe she only felt the need to do so when personally threatened, or maybe it wasn't picked up before because her delivery wasn't authentically passionate like it was here.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Accusing someone of pedophilia seems to be the popular go to thing when you want to destroy someone. I was reading how a lot of Putins critics and enemies were accused of it and ruined or killed. Putin himself was accused of it by Alexander Litvinenko, who claimed that Vladimir Putin had been caught on camera having sex with young boys.

Not long after Alexander drank some green tea that didn’t agree with him and died.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Calling all Dems "pedos" and "groomers" is just a part of the radical GOP's effort to roll back LGBTQ rights. Seemed like the GOP was slowly becoming willing to accept gay rights, but they're backsliding with Don't Say Gay and other similar laws.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:56 am
I get what Bone is trying to say. Myself, I try not to write too many long posts debating or debunking stuff I don't agree with. If I want to make a point of disagreement like that, I try my best to make it briefly and move on, or just make a gentle joke about it. I don't always succeed in that, but I think Bone is right that devoting paragraph after paragraph trying to debate and argue with each other doesn't really get anywhere.

For me I mostly post in here to hear what others are saying and thinking and to keep a bit better informed. I don't mind the posts from folks on the other side of the political spectrum from me because at least it keeps me clued in to what the other side is saying. It's always helpful to hear each other's perspective, even if you think the other guy is off his rocker. :-)
Yes, more or less this for me, too. And what I am seeing scares me shitless.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I feel this so much:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So, it seems that Cawthorn is either gay or bisexual, and has participated in various trysts and orgies and scandalous parties of that nature. All of which is completely fine imo, except that he openly bashes the LGBTQ community and tries to legislate away their rights.