Acts of domestic terrorism

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Acts of domestic terrorism

Post by Mori Chu »

A horrific attack, to be sure. But Woods posts this with a caption meant to imply that New York is an unsafe (liberal) hellhole. You can find awful stuff like this in any city or town. Woods seems to think that evil Democrats are to blame for stuff like this.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Kryptonic wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:13 am
Wtf…. Love how the person just recorded instead of dropping the damn phone and helping. Smh.
Looks like the guy with the damn phone is shooting a security monitor. Not much you can do to help the victim when you’re watching a recording.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Cap wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:15 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:13 am
Wtf…. Love how the person just recorded instead of dropping the damn phone and helping. Smh.
Looks like the guy with the damn phone is shooting a security monitor. Not much you can do to help the victim when you’re watching a recording.
Yea, I just realized that... lol. I missed that portion at the beginning where you can see it's a laptop, must have been letting the dogs out.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodding. Throw the book at this guy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 8:53 am
A horrific attack, to be sure. But Woods posts this with a caption meant to imply that New York is an unsafe (liberal) hellhole. You can find awful stuff like this in any city or town. Woods seems to think that evil Democrats are to blame for stuff like this.
All of this is the result of Bail Reform, Liberal District Attorneys, the ‘Defund the Police’ movement, and Joe Biden welcoming tens of millions of male, third world unvetted illegal immigrants, to America.

Here is the follow up.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wondering why #ANTIFA and Pro-Hamas protestors in Seattle are getting out of jail? They are writing a phone number on their arms to call for free bail support from
@NWCBailFund

This is the same Bail Fund that bailed out Posada Pierce who shot a Washington State Patrol Trooper *9 TIMES*.

This is the same Bail Fund that bailed int Kylan Houle who shot and killed a man in the face with a shotgun.

This is the same Bail Fund that bailed out Michael Sedejo who slashed a man to death with a box cutter.

This is the same Bail Fund that bailed out Pro-Hamas protestors who shut down the entrance to the Seattle–Tacoma International Airport.

This is the same Bail Fund that received nearly $2.5 million in the midst of George Floyd.

This is why Washington State is burning to the ground.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I live in Washington state. It is not "burning to the ground." Washington state is one of the most affluent, educated, prosperous states in the country; look it up. We are by no definition "burning to the ground". Republicans hear scary things about these places like San Francisco, New York, and now Washington state (?) and think they're liberal hellholes. But they don't know what they're talking about.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Sometimes I think these people never travel or leave their computers. Touch some grass people.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 7:01 am
I live in Washington state. It is not "burning to the ground." Washington state is one of the most affluent, educated, prosperous states in the country; look it up. We are by no definition "burning to the ground". Republicans hear scary things about these places like San Francisco, New York, and now Washington state (?) and think they're liberal hellholes. But they don't know what they're talking about.
I'm sure it's not "burning to the ground". My brother lives in south Washington, my cousins live in Seattle and Tacoma, and my Aunt lives outside Tacoma. None of them say it's "burning to the ground", but I think this is more an isolated problem, much like problems in every big city. Without her saying "burning to the ground", she has some valid points of sketchy practices, that give the appearance of being coordinated.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s the standard partisan attack. Cons say Dem cities are crime infested shitholes. Dems say Con farms are pig infested shitholes.

FOX always has to have at least one article showing a minority killing a white woman someplace. Dems love taxes… Cons like no taxes.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

There are some farms that raise pigs, and the pig pen is a "pig infested shithole". Even the ones owned by Dems. That's reality. I've seen a number of them myself, haha.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 11:14 am
It’s the standard partisan attack. Cons say Dem cities are crime infested shitholes. Dems say Con farms are pig infested shitholes.

FOX always has to have at least one article showing a minority killing a white woman someplace. Dems love taxes… Cons like no taxes.
Do Dems say that? I think Republicans and their media (e.g. Fox) spend way, way more time attacking "blue" cities, while I don't know of many examples of libs / Dems / "mainstream" media bashing farms or small towns or "red" places. To be specific, Dems might criticize GOP *policies* like abortion bans or gun laws or whatever, but they don't say that the *place* itself is a hellhole. But GOP folks tear apart blue cities as if they are literal hell on earth. It's ridiculous fiction, one of many media scare tactics.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Made up the farm part to be funny. I haven’t met any Dems that talk about pig farms. I do have relatives that raised hogs in Illinois.

What would politics be without scare tactics? Where would the media be without scare tactics. So many things trying to grab our attention. If you want people’s attention you need to yell at them or scare them into listening to you.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I was looking at differences between rural and urban on the internets. 😎 Crime is higher in urban areas. That I expected. Densely packed areas of low income people equals higher crime.

People die more in rural areas and the gap keeps widening.

People in Rural Areas Die at Higher Rates Than Those in Urban Areas
Deaths from heart disease, cancer and COVID are all higher in rural areas than urban ones in the U.S., and the gap is only widening
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ban-areas/
Compared with people living in cities, rural residents are less likely to have access to health care and more likely to live in poverty. Rural states and counties also tend to lean Republican, and many of them have resisted adopting public policies known to improve health.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Deaths from accidents is much higher in rural areas. You are working with large animals and even larger equipment. I've seen semi trucks turn into a mangled mess after getting a tire on the shoulder. I've seen guys get their quads land on top of them when a bull charged them. Car accidents that fly off the road into a large ditch, due to black ice. Ect. It's not for everyone. You aren't exactly close all the time to hospitals either.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

True dat. Had a relative die hitting a ditch after drinking too much. That happens too.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

TX Gov. Greg Abbott pardons a man who drove right into a BLM protest and blew away a protestor, murdering him. The guy had many text conversations saying how he was going there to shoot protestors; he was found guilty of murder in a court of law. But because he killed a BLM person, the governor pardons him. This is really reprehensible.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That is pretty bad.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 7:08 am
TX Gov. Greg Abbott pardons a man who drove right into a BLM protest and blew away a protestor, murdering him. The guy had many text conversations saying how he was going there to shoot protestors; he was found guilty of murder in a court of law. But because he killed a BLM person, the governor pardons him. This is really reprehensible.

Can't wait for him to be hailed a hero by all the American Nazis. Gonna be great to see.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He'll be a featured speaker at next year's CPAC, 100%.