Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Kryptonic

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:29 am
What to make of this? They allege that Trump's WH was full of sketchy drug use.

I wouldn't be surprised if drug use is high in the white house no matter who's in charge.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:40 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:29 am
What to make of this? They allege that Trump's WH was full of sketchy drug use.

I wouldn't be surprised if drug use is high in the white house no matter who's in charge.
Hence, cocaine being found in the WH recently.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Trump's Whitehouse awashed in speed and xanax fits the narrative with this news that Trump has been incontinent for years and wears adult diapers. Also explains why he looks like such a fat ass in those golf shots. Well, that and the extra 60+ pounds he is carrying.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:36 pm
Trump's Whitehouse awashed in speed and xanax fits the narrative with this news that Trump has been incontinent for years and wears adult diapers. Also explains why he looks like such a fat ass in those golf shots. Well, that and the extra 60+ pounds he is carrying.
It's just bad angles.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

You are what you eat. Teams take on the persona of their coach.

The Maga coach is Trump and he has convinced half of America that cheating on your wife is ok. Cheating on your taxes is ok. Lying all the time is ok. Totally disrespecting people who disagree with you is expected and encouraged. Hating all US institutions makes you patriotic. Praising our enemies and not supporting allies is good. Being charged with a crime just means the system is corrupt. That is the stance of the last US President and half of America now.

You are what you eat. Teams take on the persona of their coach.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Donald Trump absolutely loves strongmen, autocrats, authoritarians, and dictators.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Robert De Niro Goes Off on ‘Total Monster’ Trump and His Fans In Epic Rant on Bill Maher — Calls Him Every Name In The Book
https://www.mediaite.com/entertainment/ ... -the-book/

BILL MAHER: So why is Trump winning? I mean, the poll the New York Times poll this week came out, and maybe this will change it with the state of the Union address. But but Trump was beating him rather soundly. It was quite a warning light, 48 to 43, also winning way more among women. Women! Than he had before winning outright Latinos. What do you attribute that to?

ROBERT DENIRO: I don’t know, I just don’t want to feel the way I did. And many, many of us don’t. After the election in 2016, where we couldn’t believe that it happened.

The guy is a total monster. And, anybody. I don’t understand it. Yeah, I guess they get behind that kind of logic. They want to fuck with people, screw them because they’re unhappy about some. He’s such a mean, nasty, hateful person.

I’d never play him as an actor because he’s. I can’t see any good in him. Nothing. Nothing at all. Nothing redeemable in him.

And we have to. And whoever the people are who want to vote for him and–. Look like intelligent people around this, I mean, for some reason, it can’t be. It can not be! If he is, he wins the election. He. You won’t be on this show anymore. He’ll come looking for me. You know, there’ll be. There’ll be things that happen that none of us can imagine. That’s what happens in that kind of a dictatorship, which is what he says. Let’s believe and take him at his word.

BILL MAHER: I did, from the beginning.

ROBERT DENIRO: Yeah.

BILL MAHER: I mean, I said from the very beginning, this guy is never going to concede power. And he still hasn’t. He still hasn’t — just admitted he lost the last election and he advertises that he will go on. He he says he’s been cheated out of one term. So maybe we should get rid of the only a president only gets two terms thing.

ROBERT DENIRO: So he’s a sociopathic, psychopathic, malignant narcissist. (applause) He’s. He is a dangerous person. We have two people. We have a lot of people, this audience. But the people who somehow think he’s going to be the answer to their prayers, whatever those are.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Seth Meyers has a nice refresher about Trump.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

All those things just make Maga like him more. Besides, they are all fake.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:10 pm
Seth Meyers has a nice refresher about Trump.
► Show Spoiler
That's all?! He's fine.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Lots of hareful rhetoric. Pretty disgusting hypocrits.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If you say so. Facts are so mean.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am surprised. FOX News had the largest audience for Biden’s state of the union of any other network. I wonder how happy Trump is about that.

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/09/biden- ... n-ad-trump
By the numbers: 32 million people watched the State of the Union address live across 14 TV networks — 18% higher than last year's 27 million, Nielsen says.

56% watched on broadcast networks ... 44% watched on cable networks.

Fox News won in total viewers, coming in ahead of ABC.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Donald Trump wants to be an autocrat. And he has been preparing his base for it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump clearly is a fan of Autocratic governments and I would agree he is trying to prepare his base to support him as the autocratic leader of the US.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:14 pm
Trump clearly is a fan of Autocratic governments and I would agree he is trying to prepare his base to support him as the autocratic leader of the US.
Like has been mentioned, he has never won the majority vote. Can you imagine what might happen in this country if he gets in and tries to make the US Autocratic?

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump mocks people's disabilities. Because he is an asshole.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

He is despicable.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:30 pm
Nodack wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:14 pm
Like has been mentioned, he has never won the majority vote. Can you imagine what might happen in this country if he gets in and tries to make the US Autocratic?
Yes, I can. Poland just had their own Trump in office and for eight years. Everything that is happening here with Trump and Maga already happened in Poland recently. Poland also made abortion illegal and the people, namely women rebelled big time and now they are sort of back to being a Democracy filled with remnants from the previous government who purged their all their institutions and replaced people with their own version of Maga.

In Poland, I Saw What a Second Trump Term Could Do to America
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/06/opin ... cracy.html
After only four years of Trump, President Biden inherited a furiously divided nation, its courts seeded with right-wing apparatchiks and the nature of reality itself in deep dispute. But as even MAGA die-hards will acknowledge, Trump often failed to bend the state to his will, which is why his allies have a plan to do things differently next time, purging civil servants and replacing them with loyalists. Poland is a country that has just gone through something like what Trumpists hope to impose on us in a second term. Its institutions have been hollowed out. Many experienced technocrats and neutral judges have been replaced by lackeys and ideologues. And now it’s trying to repair itself.

In a world where liberal values seem to be in retreat almost everywhere, Poland is a rare bright spot, a place where voters — especially women and young people — rebelled against a punishing religious nationalism to demand the restoration of their rights. The parallels to the backlash against the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, which overturned Roe v. Wade, were impossible to miss. But while being in Warsaw was inspiring, it was also sobering, because it quickly became clear to me just how complicated it is to fix a modern democracy that’s been systematically undermined, a lesson we might someday have to learn in America.