Hillary fainting / health issue

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Hillary fainting / health issue

Post by Mori Chu »

So as you probably heard, Hillary Clinton fainted during a 9/11 memorial event. They say she has pneumonia. Trump supporters are claiming that this is the latest evidence that Hillary has poor health. What do you think?

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-ne ... ia-n646516

ShelC

Re: Hillary fainting / health issue

Post by ShelC »

In general, the medical records/health for Trump and Hillary are important to know (or at least the truthful medical records). They're both older candidates so I think it's relevant.

I think her having pneumonia or just being sick is not as big a deal as Trump would like to make it. These people are traveling daily, staying in hotels, coming in contact with hundreds of people each day. It's natural for them to get sick. I don't even shake hands or touch door knobs for fear of catching something, which probably rules me out for running for Prez some day.

More concerning is the concussion and clot in her head back in 2012. I think that should be of concern long-term, more so than pneumonia now. I just can't stand all the positioning and pivoting around everything. Her people will of course deny/cover for her (last week she claimed the coughing fit she had was due to allergies) or spin it and say it just shows how tough she is that she's still out doing all these events and appearances.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I agree with Shel that the medical histories of each are very important. However, I would bet that knowing Hillary has a good chance of dying in office wouldn't push more votes to Trump, and vice versa. If you are a Trump supporter, you probably hate all Democrats. If you are an HRC supporter, you probably think most Trump supporters are racist bigots. There is very little in between, and full medical histories won't change that either way. Hell, even if Trump's tax records are leaked and it shows he has been lying about his net worth, his charitable donations, and he has been paying a lower tax rate that 90% of the US, it wouldn't change many people's minds.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Among people who prefer Clinton to Trump, I would guess that nearly 100% also prefer Kaine to Trump, so it's not much of an issue.

carey

Re: RE: Re: Hillary fainting / health issue

Post by carey »

Indy wrote: If you are an HRC supporter, you probably think most Trump supporters are racist bigots.
I think some just want change but my Dad is a FOX news parroting Trump supporter from the South and he is racist as fuck. I have not really been able to talk to him about anything other than sports or my kids since the election cycle began because of our vast difference in ideology.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Re: RE: Re: Hillary fainting / health issue

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote: If you are an HRC supporter, you probably think most Trump supporters are racist bigots.
I think some just want change but my Dad is a FOX news parroting Trump supporter from the South and he is racist as f***. I have not really been able to talk to him about anything other than sports or my kids since the election cycle began because of our vast difference in ideology.
That's interesting, carey. How were you able to prevent your dad from poisoning your mind? I've always believed that most racism is handed down and from people not having had any contact with people different from themselves.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hillary fainting / health issue

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:
I think some just want change but my Dad is a FOX news parroting Trump supporter from the South and he is racist as f***. I have not really been able to talk to him about anything other than sports or my kids since the election cycle began because of our vast difference in ideology.
That's interesting, carey. How were you able to prevent your dad from poisoning your mind? I've always believed that most racism is handed down and from people not having had any contact with people different from themselves.
I was raised by my mom. He was an absentee dad that really wasn't around much until my car accident when I was already an adult. Plus it was never this bad. FOX news has methodically poisoned the minds of their viewers over the last decade. There is a documentary called The Brainwashing of My Dad that I'd like to see that covers this very thing.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hillary fainting / health issue

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:
I was raised by my mom. He was an absentee dad that really wasn't around much until my car accident when I was already an adult. Plus it was never this bad. FOX news has methodically poisoned the minds of their viewers over the last decade. There is a documentary called The Brainwashing of My Dad that I'd like to see that covers this very thing.
Gotcha. Interesting (and sad) about the brainwashing. What a shame these people can't think for themselves.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I come from a similar place Carey. Mostly raised by my mother who never said a bad word about anybody ever so my mind was a blank slate growing up until she married her fourth husband, who's family is total racists. I saw it as a teenager and ignored it. Now my mother watches FOX News and speaks racist talk with the best of them. Thanks step dad and FOX for poisoning my mothers mind.

As far as the health thing. I suppose a Presidents health is important but I believe we hire them for their minds, not to run marathons. We have had other Presidents with serious health problems such as FDR and obviously the got the job done. She has Pneumonia, not brain cancer or the numerous illnesses thrown around by the other side.

Hillary definitely has trouble connecting to people. I think she has had such a long history with all this scandal stuff that she really focuses on her privacy to the point where it works against her sometimes. She set up a private server for privacy and now they are scrutinizing tens of thousands of her emails from way back. The opposite of what she intended or wanted. The right has been saying she has epilepsy or a brain tumor or any number of other made up illnesses proving she is unfit to be President. She has been hiding her Pneumonia and now after she collapsed she finally has to admit it. She would have probably gotten sympathy votes if she just came out and said pneumonia to start with but, tried to hide it. I myself aren't entirely sold that she has pneumonia now. She hurts herself by trying to be so secretive. Yet, everything I have read from sane people not trying to push an agenda say she is very good at what she does. I read Sec of Defense Gates book and he had nothing but praise for her and he was a Republican.

This whole thing is just partisan politics to me. Winning is all that matters and if the other side shows any weakness, you exploit it as much as possible. Like Indy said, none of this is going to change any or many votes.

I think Hillary is sane and Trump is a nightmare waiting to happen and stands for everything I stand against, so I'm voting for her. She could be on her death bed and I would still vote for her over Trump.