First Presidential debate: Mon 9/26

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Cap

Re: First Presidential debate: Mon 9/26

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:I have spoken to people from other parts of the world and they are scared s*** of Trump as President.
And that's the way Trump likes it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Donald Trump doesn't impress me in any single way. You're definition of impressive is out there, Indy. Hitler? Uh, no.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

On a side note about media bias. A year ago IMO.

CNN- slightly left, trying to be unbiased.
FOX News-Right wing propaganda
MSNBC- Left wing propaganda

Today
CNN-Clearly against Trump
FOX News- Right wing propaganda but, clearly has a problem supporting Trump

AZ Republican and other newspapaers have been supporting only Republicans for sometimes over a hundred years straight now against Trump. The AZ Republic doesnt think Trump is even a Republican and I agree. Hes not Democrat or Republican. Hes just Trump

Trump clearly has some die hard fans but, he has clearly burned a lot of bridges.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:I just think the Dems and Clinton campaign have gone out of their way to play up the racial divisions as a means to get the African-American/minority voters. She talks about bringing people together, but I just haven't seen that. Trump will take the white supremacist votes to get elected, but I wouldn't say he's outwardly courting them, and those aren't the only ones that are backing him.

And for the record (If I haven't stated it yet), I'm not voting for Trump or Hillary. I'll defend Trump to a point because I do think he's getting a raw deal in the media and the double standard and hypocrisy for the Clinton Machine is really troubling. She IS the system and everything wrong with government. As much as people say Trump doesn't really want to be Prez, I think the same is true of Hillary. She just feels entitled to it at this point and nothing's going to stop her. She rigged the primaries, rigged the FBI and DOJ investigation, and is working to rig this election.
All of this.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Nodack wrote:On a side note about media bias. A year ago IMO.

CNN- slightly left, trying to be unbiased.
FOX News-Right wing propaganda

Today
CNN-Clearly against Trump
FOX News- Right wing propaganda but, clearly has a problem supporting Trump

AZ Republican and other newspapaers have been supporting only Republicans for sometimes over a hundred years straight now against Trump. The AZ Republic doesnt think Trump is even a Republican and I agree. Hes not Democrat or Republican. Hes just Trump

Trump clearly has some die hard fans but, he has clearly burned a lot of bridges.
Yeah, Trump is an independent who took over the Republican nomination, just like Bernie is an independent who tried to take the Democratic ticket.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:Donald Trump doesn't impress me in any single way. You're definition of impressive is out there, Indy. Hitler? Uh, no.
making or tending to make a marked impression : having the power to excite attention, awe, or admiration <an impressive display of skill>

He doesn't make a marked impression? Then why are we talking about him, with all of his ridiculous faults, as having support of at least 45% of the country? He clearly has the power to excite attention and awe, and admiration in over a hundred million people.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I'm impressed with Trump's temperament, he has a great tempeeeerament. Okay. The best. Also his stamina, he has the best staminuuh. Okay, it's the best, believe me, best staaaaminuuh.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:Donald Trump doesn't impress me in any single way. You're definition of impressive is out there, Indy. Hitler? Uh, no.
making or tending to make a marked impression : having the power to excite attention, awe, or admiration <an impressive display of skill>

He doesn't make a marked impression? Then why are we talking about him, with all of his ridiculous faults, as having support of at least 45% of the country? He clearly has the power to excite attention and awe, and admiration in over a hundred million people.
No.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:I'm impressed with Trump's temperament, he has a great tempeeeerament. Okay. The best. Also his stamina, he has the best staminuuh. Okay, it's the best, believe me, best staaaaminuuh.
His staaaaminuuuh is HUGE!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

No.
I think you are being a bit obtuse here. How can you say he doesn't make a marked impression? He has no qualifications for the job, yet he has convinced over a hundred million Americans to support him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

You are right that I'm being a bit obtuse. Trump has made a negative impression on me. In a big way. You might even say HUGE.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It's pronounced "YUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE".

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is kind of a threadjack, but I didn't want to make a whole new thread for it. The Washington Post found a recording of Trump saying really lewd things about women in 2005. The audio has him say that you can grope women or force them to have sex with you if you're rich and powerful. He even says that you can, I quote, "grab them by the pussy" if you want. Oof.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea but they really like that sort of stuff.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Trump is just so impressive. What a great guy. Really the kind of person that should lead our country.

:roll:
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

:lol:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That video just ended Trumps campaign IMO. Christmas came early this year.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'd say this could actually do it but everything else has blown over, maybe this will be another non-story in a week?

It'll be interesting to see how the RNC reacts. Ryan said he was sickened by the audio, and either disinvited Trump from, or flat out canceled an event with him in Wisconsin tomorrow (conflicting reports). What recourse could the RNC have? Are they just in bed with him until the election? Can they disavow him as a candidate? How can Ryan save face in all of this?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow. Watched the video and then it was followed by a Pence video with the quote, "Pence says Trump 'tells it like it is.' Alrighty then.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Here's Trump's response:
Trump has been criticized in this campaign for derogatory and lewd comments about women, including some made on TV and live radio. In an interview Wednesday with KSNV, a Las Vegas television station, Trump said that those comments were made for entertainment.

“A lot of that was done for the purpose of entertainment. There’s nobody that has more respect for women than I do,” he told the station.

“Are you trying to tone it down now?” asked the interviewer, Jim Snyder.

“It’s not a question of trying, it’s very easy,” Trump said.
The guy is very impressive, eh Indy?
"Be Legendary."