Second Presidential Debate: Sun 10/9

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Second Presidential Debate: Sun 10/9

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:He's so impressive. I'm impressed!
We don't get it, AIG.

I don't think you will forget how scary this election has been for the rest of your lives. It is leaving a very lasting impression on you. That, BY DEFINITION, makes it impressive.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

When Trump loses, his following is going to be even more angry and more convinced the system is rigged. They will be Drudge fans for life and believe every anti government story there is.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
We don't get it, AIG.

I don't think you will forget how scary this election has been for the rest of your lives. It is leaving a very lasting impression on you. That, BY DEFINITION, makes it impressive.
Nah. I still believe in the American people as a whole. Drumpf won't win. I'm not worried.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

I'm not worried as I was a couple of weeks ago, but I'm still worried. Risk is probability times downside. Probability may be about one in twenty at this point, but the downside is extreme.

It's like the Cold War. Global thermonuclear war may never have been very likely, but the possibility was enough to be really damn scary.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
We don't get it, AIG.

Nah. I still believe in the American people as a whole. Drumpf won't win. I'm not worried.
It will only take one substantial wiki leak for her to lose. The fact that we are this close to having an open fascist becoming president is scary.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They have been releasing wikileaks things all week and there were no bombshells. She got paid to speak at corporate functions. Hardly a scandal. She said there are two positins, a public and a private one and used Lincoln as an example. I saw the movie and got what she meant. To get rid of slavery they had to grease a lot of wheels and lot of it was under the table stuff.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Speaks to her credibility when she's saying things on the campaign trail tho. How do we know what's true and what's just the "public position".

More stuff yesterday outlining her and her campaign's friendly relationships in the media (CNN and NY Times), which of course, was glossed over by the lines of CNN and the NY Times.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

She is a politician. We don't know what's true or the public position. In Lincoln they were trying to get a certain thing accomplished and had to greese wheels by promising things to people apposed to ending slavery to get their vote. Those are the things that go on in Washington every day for hundreds of years. She knows how to work the system to get the results she wants. If I thought the reslults she wanted was not in our best interests I wouldn't vote for her. I believe she has decent intentions and knows how to work with people to get things done. We may not like everything that goes on behind closed doors but, it is Washington.

Trump has burned most of the bridges in Washington already from both sides and has no intentions on working with anybody or compromising on anything IMO. How is he going t get anything done when nobody likes him?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

She knows how to work the system to get the results she wants
Sure does.
We may not like everything that goes on behind closed doors but, it is Washington.
Shouldn't we expect more tho? Just because that's the way it is and has been, makes it OK? And you aren't the least bit troubled by her relationships with the banks and billion dollar CEOs? Or her making tens of millions during her time as Secretary? Pay to play politics? Rigging the primaries?

Check this article out.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/09/how-dumb-d ... e-all-are/

Again, not condoning or pushing for Trump, but Hillary's damaged goods and taking us all for a ride.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Have you not watched Veep Shel? I think anyone that has common sense has an understanding about how politics works to an extent and that politicians are constantly telling us what we want to hear. This isn't foreign territory for a President. Everyone of them. Bush, Bill Clinton, young Bush, Obama. Yet we seem to want to hold Hillary to some sort of higher standard. Funny how that works and why that may be.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, how can one hold Clinton to different standards than everybody before her? Because she's a woman?
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

That's exactly it.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

And that's what makes it complete and utter bullshit. Because she's a woman, we're going to nail her to the cross for being a "politician". She played the game and made it all the way to running for POTUS.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Accepting "this is just the way politics are" and excusing all of her many crimes, double talk and lies, blaming it on bullshit "sexism" and believing even for a *second* that she has "decent intentions" is dangerous and disingenuous This country is being destabilized, double standards and hypocrisy are worse then ever, we are more divided then ever, and another 2 terms of the Clintons and their absolute disrespect for standards law and decency, condescending attitude and self righteous entitlement will put this country and our Constitution beyond the point of no return. It may be time for a woman, but that woman is *absolutely* not her. Destroying evidence after a subpoena? How is she not in jail?? "What, do you mean wipe it with a cloth?" ... how is anyone okay with her? She's fake as fuck. Its "her turn" to be President and she isn't going to let anyone stand in the way. Perfect example of "entitlement" taken to its extreme. No one is concerned with the dozens of "accidents" "suicides" and "robberies" gone bad that have surrounded the Clintons for the last 2 decades? another 5 mysteriously timed accidents and deaths have happened in the last few months. Pull out whatever anti-conspiracy rhetoric you want, but this woman is a danger to this entire country. She knows exactly what she is doing, it is all calculated. It was a rigged primary and a biased media. No one wanted her, but they will vote for whats presented, making it seem like they had a choice....

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

For the record, my last post was sarcasm.

I don't want this to devolve into a thread war but I was mildly insulted of being accused of sexism. That does seem to be a common theme among Hillary supporters tho.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because the other politicians were up to dirty tricks means we can't or shouldn't hold our next President - Black, White, Male, Female, whatever - up to a higher standard? Just keep on with the status quo? You have to admit there's a conflict of interest when someone running for President is giving speeches to and working with the 1%, living like the 1% and taking money from the 1% and then walking out to the public and talking about the best interests of "everyday people".

I get there are two sides to politicians. But she's corrupt. She's a greedy liar who, ironically, IS held to a different standard when it comes to the law and federal investigations because of her position within the government.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

All of this dialogue is hot air and won't lead to any sort of changing of opinions. People have their candidates and have their reasons.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Phoenix219 wrote:Accepting "this is just the way politics are" and excusing all of her many crimes, double talk and lies, blaming it on bullshit "sexism" and believing even for a *second* that she has "decent intentions" is dangerous and disingenuous This country is being destabilized, double standards and hypocrisy are worse then ever, we are more divided then ever, and another 2 terms of the Clintons and their absolute disrespect for standards law and decency, condescending attitude and self righteous entitlement will put this country and our Constitution beyond the point of no return. It may be time for a woman, but that woman is *absolutely* not her. Destroying evidence after a subpoena? How is she not in jail?? "What, do you mean wipe it with a cloth?" ... how is anyone okay with her? She's fake as f***. Its "her turn" to be President and she isn't going to let anyone stand in the way. Perfect example of "entitlement" taken to its extreme. No one is concerned with the dozens of "accidents" "suicides" and "robberies" gone bad that have surrounded the Clintons for the last 2 decades? another 5 mysteriously timed accidents and deaths have happened in the last few months. Pull out whatever anti-conspiracy rhetoric you want, but this woman is a danger to this entire country. She knows exactly what she is doing, it is all calculated. It was a rigged primary and a biased media. No one wanted her, but they will vote for whats presented, making it seem like they had a choice....
Bartender? I'll have what he's having.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:Accepting "this is just the way politics are" and excusing all of her many crimes, double talk and lies, blaming it on bullshit "sexism" and believing even for a *second* that she has "decent intentions" is dangerous and disingenuous This country is being destabilized, double standards and hypocrisy are worse then ever, we are more divided then ever, and another 2 terms of the Clintons and their absolute disrespect for standards law and decency, condescending attitude and self righteous entitlement will put this country and our Constitution beyond the point of no return. It may be time for a woman, but that woman is *absolutely* not her. Destroying evidence after a subpoena? How is she not in jail?? "What, do you mean wipe it with a cloth?" ... how is anyone okay with her? She's fake as f***. Its "her turn" to be President and she isn't going to let anyone stand in the way. Perfect example of "entitlement" taken to its extreme. No one is concerned with the dozens of "accidents" "suicides" and "robberies" gone bad that have surrounded the Clintons for the last 2 decades? another 5 mysteriously timed accidents and deaths have happened in the last few months. Pull out whatever anti-conspiracy rhetoric you want, but this woman is a danger to this entire country. She knows exactly what she is doing, it is all calculated. It was a rigged primary and a biased media. No one wanted her, but they will vote for whats presented, making it seem like they had a choice....
Bartender? I'll have what he's having.
He's not exactly out on the fringe. A lot of people believe all that stuff.

Superbone

Second Presidential Debate: Sun 10/9

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:For the record, my last post was sarcasm.

I don't want this to devolve into a thread war but I was mildly insulted of being accused of sexism. That does seem to be a common theme among Hillary supporters tho.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because the other politicians were up to dirty tricks means we can't or shouldn't hold our next President - Black, White, Male, Female, whatever - up to a higher standard? Just keep on with the status quo? You have to admit there's a conflict of interest when someone running for President is giving speeches to and working with the 1%, living like the 1% and taking money from the 1% and then walking out to the public and talking about the best interests of "everyday people".

I get there are two sides to politicians. But she's corrupt. She's a greedy liar who, ironically, IS held to a different standard when it comes to the law and federal investigations because of her position within the government.
For the record, I wasn't accusing you personally of sexism. Politicians are going to be politicians. Hillary is obviously not going to be the one to break the mold. It's nice to dream though.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think Trump and Bernie did shake things up a bit and serve Washington notice that people aren't happy with the staus quo. Congress approval ratings were in the single digits as well. Some want Washington shut down and some just want it to function but, all want change.