FBI reopens Clinton email investigation

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
carey

Re: RE: Re: FBI reopens Clinton email investigation

Post by carey »

Cap wrote:He left after throwing a tantrum about a biased moderator. He'd have been a good fit for this election.
I don't feel that I'm biased. I was offered a moderator spot on another board that I turned down to focus on helping this board be good. I'm not sure that would have happened if I were biased.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Re: RE: Re: FBI reopens Clinton email investigation

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Cap wrote:He left after throwing a tantrum about a biased moderator. He'd have been a good fit for this election.
I don't feel that I'm biased. I was offered a moderator spot on another board that I turned down to focus on helping this board be good. I'm not sure that would have happened if I were biased.
I think cap was saying Swing claimed you were biased and threw a fit about it, not that you actually were.

Mori Chu

Re: FBI reopens Clinton email investigation

Post by Mori Chu »

^ What Indy said. I do not think carey is a biased moderator. He works really hard and does an awesome job; he's a big part of what's good about this site every day. Also, as I said, whether or not any particular mod has bias is not the reason for Swing's absence from this site today.

carey

Post by carey »

Also, he showed up in chat on draft day didn't he? He was nice enough and I was in the chat.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Way to ruin everything Carey.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

The FBI is “Trumpland”: FBI Collusion with the Trump Campaign
http://www.peacock-panache.com/2016/11/ ... 25597.html

"...To offer a brief road map:

Trump’s largest donor is Robert Mercer. He created and funded his own Super PAC to help Trump.
That Super PAC employed both Kellyanne Conway and David Bossie until Trump hired them to run his presidential campaign.
Mercer is also the primary financier for Breitbart, the well-known far right conspiracy theory website, where Stephen Bannon managed.
Bannon stepped away from his Breitbart role to work for Trump’s campaign as well.
Mercer also funds the Government Accountability Institute – a hyper-partisan conservative activist organization. It’s run by two people: Bannon and man named Peter Schweizer (who also ‘coincidently’ writes at Breitbart).
All in all, Mercer literally has fingers in every corner of the Trump campaign."

"...That hasn’t stopped the Trump campaign from continuing to report the debunked investigation as fact (right down to the ‘upcoming indictment’). And – as Maddow pointed out – why would they? After all, they literally created and paid for the story from beginning to end…why would they stop promoting it because it turned out to be false?"

"...The political corruption in the FBI appears to go all the way to the top as Comey (or someone he works with) leaked news of the now-infamous letter to Congress released a week ago today informing them of new emails they’d be investigating.

Saying he and the Trump campaign were notified ahead of time of the leak, former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani admitted to receiving an FBI heads up last Wednesday – two days before Comey’s letter was released. That Wednesday he’s even on video saying something huge would be hitting Clinton within two days.

“You’ll see, and I think it will be enormously effective,” he told Fox News. “We’ve got a couple of things up our sleeve that should turn this thing around.”

Confirming the leaks today, Giuliani said, “I did nothing to get it out, I had no role in it.” He added, “Did I hear about it? You’re darn right I heard about it, and I can’t even repeat the language that I heard from the former FBI agents.”

It gets worse. He’s been in the loop with the FBI for weeks – meaning the FBI leaks to the Trump campaign aren’t a one time thing.

“I had expected this for the last, honestly, to tell you the truth,” he said. “I thought it was going to be about three or four weeks ago, because way back in July this started, they kept getting stymied looking for subpoenas, looking for records.”
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The civil servants of the FBI who don't get money from special interest groups, are not politicians, are not in it for their own interest, but we hope are in it because they believe in upholding justice have colluded with Trump to not do what's right? Is NYPD also colluding with Trump?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Didn't the FBI investigation start far before Trump was even expected to win the nomination? Also, hasn't there been multiple reports that the Secret Service agents that worked for the Clintons despised them too? Perhaps they also colluded with Trump.

Don't worry, Hillary will still win going away. I don't think the gap has closed that much.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
ShelC wrote:They couldn't investigate what they couldn't find/obtain. If there were questionable/criminal acts having to do with the foundation, she destroyed evidence. And destroying evidence while under subpoena is in fact, criminal.
I think the FBI's investigation and facts are probably much more thorough than the repeated dribble that is fed to any of us through headlines and the same news articles. I'd venture to guess that they know much more about what actually occurred and the nature of any offenses that happened through their investigations than what news articles and sound bites we've heard.
I don't know if this is true, but I heard the entire first investigation s now available online. You're most likely right, they probably knew much more than what was given to us, therefore they were upset it was torpedoed by the DOJ and POTUS. Of course, they were colluding with Trump all along though.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

it was torpedoed by the DOJ and POTUS.
Was it? Is that something the DOJ and POTUS said or is that somethng Trump said? Did the FBI say their investigation was torpedoed? Where does this come from? Is it based in facts or is it based on speculation and just presented as fact?

Trump fondled hundreds of little girls. Do I have proof of that? No, but he did because I said he did.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
it was torpedoed by the DOJ and POTUS.
Was it? Is that something the DOJ and POTUS said or is that somethng Trump said? Did the FBI say their investigation was torpedoed? Where does this come from? Is it based in facts or is it based on speculation and just presented as fact?

Trump fondled hundreds of little girls. Do I have proof of that? No, but he did because I said he did.
The FBI agents working on the case, according to reports. Along with the reports on why there was a huge pile of resignations and massive drop in morale within the FBI. Of course, I don't have any proof. This could be totally he opposite though. Morale has never been higher and they are probably rejoicing right now.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I wrote a long detailed response and now just deleted it. This is politics. Both sides try to make the other side into evil villians because people are less likely to vote for an evil villain. If the Pope was running the other side would make him out to be evil and corrupt.

I think Tump is a total fraud and really dangerous based on a mountain of evidence that mostly came from his own mouth.

I don't really like Hillary but, I don't beleive she is dangerous and beieve she is much better suited to be President than Trump.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In case anybody hasn't heard, the conclusion is that FBI Director Comey has announced today that they're done looking at those additional Weiner emails and found no further evidence of wrongdoing. The investigation ends, as does, presumably, the story.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/f ... ton-230842

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Somehow, I doubt the story ends here. This is great news for the Clinton camp, but there seems to be a lot of questions that congress is going to hammer Comey about very soon

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:In case anybody hasn't heard, the conclusion is that FBI Director Comey has announced today that they're done looking at those additional Weiner emails and found no further evidence of wrongdoing. The investigation ends, as does, presumably, the story.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/f ... ton-230842
"Based on our review, we have not changed our conclusions that we expressed in July with respect to Secretary Clinton," Comey wrote.
"But we hope we have cast enough doubt with this late foray to affect the election in Donald J. Trump's favor."
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:Somehow, I doubt the story ends here. This is great news for the Clinton camp, but there seems to be a lot of questions that congress is going to hammer Comey about very soon
Of course there are a lot of questions that the GOP is going to keep hammering with. Just like there are questions about Clinton's health, questions about pay-to-play schemes with the Clinton Foundation, questions about Benghazi, questions about Whitewater, questions about the death of Vince Foster, and questions about whether Hillary and Huma Abedin are lovers conspiring to bring down the United States and subject it to a caliphate. Gotta keep asking those questions, because Hillary is so untrustworthy and I'm too lazy to use green text.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:Somehow, I doubt the story ends here. This is great news for the Clinton camp, but there seems to be a lot of questions that congress is going to hammer Comey about very soon
Of course there are a lot of questions that the GOP is going to keep hammering with. Just like there are questions about Clinton's health, questions about pay-to-play schemes with the Clinton Foundation, questions about Benghazi, questions about Whitewater, questions about the death of Vince Foster, and questions about whether Hillary and Huma Abedin are lovers conspiring to bring down the United States and subject it to a caliphate. Gotta keep asking those questions, because Hillary is so untrustworthy and I'm too lazy to use green text.
It seems that way. 4 new allegations have come up in the last 24 hrs not related to the FBI email investigation, but we all know nothing will come of any of it.

I think the Republicans are wondering how the FBI was able to get through 650,000 emails in only 9 days when it took them months to go through the emails they could check out the first time, and now it's 20 times larger, along with Comey saying it was going to take months to go through them all. They are also asking, if everything was on the up and up, why did all her aides plea the 5th if they had nothing to hide. Clearly, the feds need to tell these Republicans to "Move along, nothing to see here, you piece of S@#%'s!"

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/795435387321655296

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wally_West wrote:

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/795435387321655296

What does that idiot know? Just some wannabe tech nerd throwing out his opinion like it matters.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm sure that Snowden knows what he's talking about. Shouldn't be to hard to eliminate a large majority, and honestly they were only looking for classified emails, right?