FBI reopens Clinton email investigation

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

FBI reopens Clinton email investigation

Post by Mori Chu »

This is all over the news and Twitter today. The FBI director announces that they are reopening the investigation about Clinton's email server due to some new information and emails uncovered in another case.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/politics/ ... index.html

AmareIsGod

Re: FBI reopens Clinton email investigation

Post by AmareIsGod »

The FBI just unfathomably turned the election with a vague association that likely will be deemed much ado about nothing. Holy fuck.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... _says.html

https://twitter.com/AP/status/792076790676283392

OK, there's a little more clarity developing here. Here's NBC's Pete Williams (who's been covering the Justice Department for decades and is presumably well-sourced) reporting that senior officials "familiar with the thinking behind [Comey's] letter" say the newly discovered emails in question 1) were not sent by Hillary Clinton, 2) do not appear to have intentionally been withheld from the FBI, 3) were not discovered via the investigation into the John Podesta or Democratic National Committee hacks. Williams adds (in a cautious, hedged manner) that the new development does not appear to be a "game changer."

So—an email relevant to the investigation, but one that wasn't sent by Clinton and wasn't on her server, was discovered in the course of ... something.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Who's directing this election? M. Night Shyamalan?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

https://twitter.com/GrahamDavidA/status/792085787529674756

carey

Post by carey »

Isn't this electioneering? Also the Clinton case was never closed so the GOP folk saying it is "re-opened" are incorrect.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Isn't this electioneering? Also the Clinton case was never closed so the GOP folk saying it is "re-opened" are incorrect.
Maybe Trump was right and the election IS rigged. The twist though is that it is in his favor. This is very fishy and seems to be a deliberate attempt to cast doubt. My understanding is that these new emails have nothing to do with Clinton but are regarding Abedin and Weiner.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:Isn't this electioneering? Also the Clinton case was never closed so the GOP folk saying it is "re-opened" are incorrect.
Maybe Trump was right and the election IS rigged. The twist though is that it is in his favor. This is very fishy and seems to be a deliberate attempt to cast doubt. My understanding is that these new emails have nothing to do with Clinton but are regarding Abedin and Weiner.
Dude, Trump is a white heterosexual male born into money. LIFE was rigged for that guy.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, I thought this story was going to be a lot more than it was. It sounds like nothing, upon further inspection. I don't think it will sway many voters at this point. I think Trump is way too far behind for this to turn anything in his favor.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think Trump is way too far behind for this to turn anything in his favor.
We can only hope.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
I think Trump is way too far behind for this to turn anything in his favor.
We can only hope.
Her lead was somehow shrinking, down to around 3 points in most polls. I'm worried Mori that this will sway the tides. The fact that people can't see the terrifying ramifications of such a horrible dude being President has me questioning the fiber of the country we live in as a people. I hope as Indy hopes that the unthinkable doesn't happen and Donald Trump becomes our next POTUS.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I was so sick of hearing about Benghazi and now I am so sick of hearing about her emails.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I love how we rehash her emails and Benghazi, the same two things over and over again. Trump adds to his growing list by the day with new lunatic level atrocities but the email and Benghazi situation seem to continually overshadow it all.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

At this point, who gives a shit? Rather you care about the emails/benghazi or you don't. Is anybody's mind going to changed by more and more emails? If they are, they're even dumber than the current Trump supporters, which I didn't realize such humans existed.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:I love how we rehash her emails and Benghazi, the same two things over and over again. Trump adds to his growing list by the day with new lunatic level atrocities but the email and Benghazi situation seem to continually overshadow it all.
Trump dazzles us with quantity. You can't just focus on one or two atrocities that come out of his mouth as there are too many and new ones every day.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Well, Hillary did endorse Trump for a future presidency back in 2013, so it can't be all that surprising. This is too much. I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump win in a landslide.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Is it 2020 yet?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:Is it 2020 yet?
Let's all hope we make it to 2020.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Well, you know what they say, hindsight is 2020.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Scary because it's true