Ohio Attacker was a "scared Muslim"

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Ohio Attacker was a "scared Muslim"

Post by Mori Chu »

It's sad that some Conservatives are turning the tragic Berlin attack into a Muslims vs. Christians thing to get people riled up.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I find the whole premise of this thread deeply offensive. It's just a place for sdc or others to post anti-Muslim hate and crap. This thread is no less offensive than a thread asking if blacks are an "inferior race" with links to stats about test scores and crime rates.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Then why is this thread still here?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm worried that all crowds are now potential targets and Trucks are all potential weapons, no matter who does it. In a civil society, you would never have to worry about this, but there seem to be people that are trying to agitate and create a class and religion war. It's inevitable that this will be used to push a defensive mechanism within countries to lash out and solve the perceived problem.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SDC

Post by SDC »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I find the whole premise of this thread deeply offensive. It's just a place for sdc or others to post anti-Muslim hate and crap. This thread is no less offensive than a thread asking if blacks are an "inferior race" with links to stats about test scores and crime rates.
i'm more worried about copycats re the truck attacks. this is the second lorry attack within 6 months in europe.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think there are Muslims and Christians who want to get a holy war started. I also think there are moderates on both sides that aren't interested in any kind of war and just want to be left alone to practice their religion without having to hate everybody else.

These kinds of attacks are by those wishing to get the party started and are revenge for their percieved wrongs commited by the West. Do they have a beef? I think so. If I was a Muslim living in the Mideast I probabaly wouldnt be a fan of the US or Europe.

I think that Western tough talk about Islam only inflames things and doesn't help. I don't live in the Mideast but, it seems that Islam as a whole isn't doing a whole lot to ease tensions either. The two religious naturally don't get along very well. I guess as we learned with Democrats and Republicans is that you can't make people get along who don't want to get along.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:Then why is this thread still here?
Why is the original poster still here?

SDC

Post by SDC »

specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:Then why is this thread still here?
Why is the original poster still here?
so you and your pal above would rather shut people down?

SDC

Post by SDC »

Nodack wrote:I think there are Muslims and Christians who want to get a holy war started.
lol, if you havent been paying attention yet. there is already a war, and it's all overwhelmingly coming from the islamists side, against the rest of us.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

SDC wrote:
Nodack wrote:I think there are Muslims and Christians who want to get a holy war started.
lol, if you havent been paying attention yet. there is already a war, and it's all overwhelmingly coming from the islamists side, against the rest of us.
I have been paying attention. The islamists will say it's all overwhelmingly coming from the West. We invaded Iraq based on lies and fabrications in a failed lame attempt to steal their oil. We killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's.

Suppose China made up some bogus reason to invade the US, killed our leader along with hundreds of thousands of Americans and our Democracy is replaced by Communism. How would you feel about that? If you decided to fight back you would be labeled a terrorist or insurgent at the least. Add to that Afghanistan, our support of different Mideast country's leaders who may not have the support of their people and you start to see a reason some might not consider us a friend.

I'm not supporting what the terrorists are doing. They are brutal murderers. I'm just saying I can see why ISIS is able to recruit people so easily. They can easily convince prospects that the US is an evil enemy of Islam who only cares about stealing their oil and destroying Islam. People on this side convince people that Islam hates the West and wants to convert us all to being Muslims.

Sure there are people wanting to do us harm. They hate us and believe we are the evil ones. I am agnostic. I think Christianity and Islam are man made cults. Condemning all Muslims is the same as them condemning all Christians.

None of us are Saints. This holy war is stupid.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Nodack don't even bother to waste your time. He exists on this board, whether politics or Suns, solely to offend people and be a contrarian.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

SDC wrote:
Of course, not brought on by anyone or anything. Simply brought on by Islamic hatred towards the West as we've been so accepting and loving towards Muslim populated areas of the world as of late. Such an overwhelming, one-sided attack from the Islamic side of the coin.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

SDC

Post by SDC »

Nodack wrote:
SDC wrote:
I have been paying attention. The islamists will say it's all overwhelmingly coming from the West. We invaded Iraq based on lies and fabrications in a failed lame attempt to steal their oil. We killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's.

Suppose China made up some bogus reason to invade the US, killed our leader along with hundreds of thousands of Americans and our Democracy is replaced by Communism. How would you feel about that? If you decided to fight back you would be labeled a terrorist or insurgent at the least. Add to that Afghanistan, our support of different Mideast country's leaders who may not have the support of their people and you start to see a reason some might not consider us a friend.
I dont think the islamists cared about saddam hussein or the people of iraq. They are committing far more attrocities in the middle east regionwide (not just contained in iraq, but also in syria, libya, yemen) and has displaced more people after obama pulled the troops out of iraq.

And while france didnt join the iraq war, it has been the number one target for jihadists in europe. which means it has nothing to do with the war on terror, but with their huge muslim population (one of the highest in europe)

SDC

Post by SDC »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm in Seattle right now visiting my wife's family. They are super conservative and have Fox News on in the living room at high volume all day long. It's amazing. The channel is almost a 24/7 anti-Muslim hate network. Literally every story they find a way to bash Muslims and Islam and refugees and immigrants. They talk about "radical Islamic terror" every other sentence. I'm stunned by this mainstreaming of mass discrimination and hatred.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I'm in Seattle right now visiting my wife's family. They are super conservative and have Fox News on in the living room at high volume all day long. It's amazing. The channel is almost a 24/7 anti-Muslim hate network. Literally every story they find a way to bash Muslims and Islam and refugees and immigrants. They talk about "radical Islamic terror" every other sentence. I'm stunned by this mainstreaming of mass discrimination and hatred.

It would be nice if we could keep this site free from that sort of bigotry.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It would be nice if we could keep the world free of that but, we can't. We all have to put up with each other.

Cap

Post by Cap »

SDC is just describing the world the way he sees it. Calling him a bigot and asking for a thread lock or ban is not going to change his views for the better.

I wish I knew what would.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Sure, but that doesn't mean you have to tolerate or allow that sort of hate speech.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Sure it does. Thats what tolerance is.... putting up with something that you do not like and do not agree with, like grown adults respecting the fact that others think differently. It, by definition, is what tolerance and diversity is. What you suggest is censorship and thought control.