NBA Commissioner Adam Silver Politicizes White House Visits: Encourages Champions to Debate Trump

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
SDC

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver Politicizes White House Visits: Encourages Champions to Debate Trump

Post by SDC »

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver calls it a “missed opportunity” if the league refuses to send members to celebrate the NBA Finals championship at the White House under President Donald Trump.

In an interview with Mike Wise of TheUndefeated.com, Silver seemed to urge players to take their political activism right to the top instead of trying to make a statement by boycotting the Trump White House.

“To me, if a player were to choose not to go to the White House, whether they were choosing not to go to the current White House or a future White House, my response would be: ‘That’s a lost opportunity,'” Silver said. “Because that’s an opportunity that most citizens who have a political point of view would kill for — the opportunity to directly tell the president of the United States how they feel about an issue.”
maybe steve kerr might boycott the white house. stephen curry is too goody goody.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2016/12 ... ate-trump/

Mori Chu

Re: NBA Commissioner Adam Silver Politicizes White House Visits: Encourages Champions to Debate Trump

Post by Mori Chu »

Every time you link to Breitbart, God kills a kitten.

I think Silver's point is that the players ought to go visit the President even if they don't agree with him. I don't see anything wrong with that. I also don't think there is anything wrong with players boycotting. The President is an offensive madman, and if they want no part of meeting him, they aren't forced to do so.

Nodack

Re: NBA Commissioner Adam Silver Politicizes White House Visits: Encourages Champions to Debate Trump

Post by Nodack »

Trump seems to be finding it difficult to find entertainment for his inauguration as well.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

People don't want to be on the wrong side of history. Some day everyone who was close to Trump will be an embarrassment to themselves. People will ask why more didn't stand up to him or refuse to be near him.