BuzzFeed just published ‘explosive’ documents alleging Trump’s ties to Russia

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: BuzzFeed just published ‘explosive’ documents alleging Trump’s ties to Russia

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:Those links prove nothing to me. Some computer voice talking about pizza and pot or something claiming the CIA and CNN are the same I guess. I watched it and went WTF am I even looking at? And somehow it debunked the story?

There are two different things. There is the hacks of the DNC and then todays story about Trump and golden showers.
But, believe what you want. I know what the most logical, common sense and reasonable real-life explanation is here. Thats good enough for me
The most logical, common sense explanation for the DNC hacks is exaclty what the over a dozen US intelligence agencies said it was.

The second thing, just came out and is a leaked story that may or might not be true. I will reserve judgement for now. I trust our government and mainstream media more than I trust Russia and their state run media. That can't be said for half of America.
It's really sad when half the country is starting to think the MSM resembles the old Soviet news propaganda.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SDC

Re: BuzzFeed just published ‘explosive’ documents alleging Trump’s ties to Russia

Post by SDC »

RT: Trump blackballs CNN's "fake news" Acosta at press-conference

https://www.rt.com/usa/373355-trump-buz ... -reaction/

SDC

Post by SDC »

AmareIsGod wrote:https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/t ... .jj6y4332K

BuzzFeed just published ‘explosive’ documents alleging Trump’s ties to Russia
Donald Trump Is Right: BuzzFeed Is A 'Pile Of Garbage'

http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/11/tru ... YA.twitter

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Half the country now trusts Russia and Putin and doesn't trust their media or any government agency, courtesy of Trump.

Did Trump have any evidence of all the BS he spouted? No, he just said it and therfore it was true. The dozen plus US intelligence agencies get paid to find out things like was Russia behind the hacks on the DNC and since Trump decided that every single agency and employee was on the take his followers agreed. Trump doesn't like what CNN has to say about him therefore all their news is fake. The election system was rigged. The IRS was rigged. Everything was rigged. Everybody except for him is incompetent. Republicans automatically distrust the governmnet and Trump preyed on their fears.

I am so disgusted with this man. I have zero respect for him. I have come to hate Trump. I think he has done more damage to his own country than any other President before him and he has yet to take office. Trump is going to hate being President. He expects people to kiss his ass and gets pissed off when they don't. After making enemies out of so many different people, groups, agencies and countries already, he is going to hate the backlash. He thinks he is just going to steamroll everybody into submission.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Let's summarize the Trump Press Conference from today:

-Stated he won't release his tax returns.
-Isn't held accountable by laws related to Conflict of Interest.
-Refuses to answer and threatens to kick out media reporters he doesn't like.
-Acknowledged Russia hacked the DNC.
-Implied that it was good that the DNC was hacked. "But remember this: We talk about the hacking and hacking’s bad and it shouldn’t be done. But look at the things that were hacked, look at what was learned from that hacking."
-Blamed all of this newfound hacking on a weakness of Obama and his administration.
-Reaffirmed that admiration and affinity for Putin.
-Likened our Intelligence Community to Nazis.
-Called CNN and BuzzFeed fake news like an angry child and then immediately took a question from Breitbart.

All hail dictator Trump. A leader we can all be proud of!

Watching Obama speak and then Trump speak is like stepping out of a Bugatti Veyron straight into a windowless white rape van filled with gelatinous dog shit.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It's really sad when half the country is starting to think the MSM resembles the old Soviet news propaganda.
Well...the hacks exposed collusion between the major news networks and Clinton. And over the past few years, the media's been accused of going easy on Obama and pushing his agenda without proper vetting (ie, the Iran deal). Conversely, we see the same on the right and Fox News. Below is the Rhodes interview that gained a lot of attention and shows (IMO) a disturbing example of an administration taking advantage of and telling the media what and how to report something.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/08/maga ... -guru.html
Rhodes singled out a key example to me one day, laced with the brutal contempt that is a hallmark of his private utterances. “All these newspapers used to have foreign bureaus,” he said. “Now they don’t. They call us to explain to them what’s happening in Moscow and Cairo. Most of the outlets are reporting on world events from Washington. The average reporter we talk to is 27 years old, and their only reporting experience consists of being around political campaigns. That’s a sea change. They literally know nothing.”

“We have our compadres, I will reach out to a couple people, and you know I wouldn’t want to name them — ”

“I can name them,” I said, ticking off a few names of prominent Washington reporters and columnists who often tweet in sync with White House messaging.

Price laughed. “I’ll say, ‘Hey, look, some people are spinning this narrative that this is a sign of American weakness,’ ” he continued, “but — ”

“In fact it’s a sign of strength!” I said, chuckling.

“And I’ll give them some color,” Price continued, “and the next thing I know, lots of these guys are in the dot-com publishing space, and have huge Twitter followings, and they’ll be putting this message out on their own.”
The election system was rigged.
On the DNC side? Sure seems like it.
The IRS was rigged.
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/06/us/p ... .html?_r=0

I'm not condoning or excusing anything Trump's saying or doing. But there are major issues across the board that both sides need to reconcile and make right. Federal agencies have become politicized, news outlets are politicized, social media is so out of control you don't know who or what to believe...it's a mess.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:How does that have anything to do with Trump?
You're really asking that question?
Yes, because that article doesn't mention Trump at all. And to be honest, saying that Russia hacked a power plant versus Russian code used to hack a power plant is not a "fake news" story. Was it incorrect? Yep. Was it corrected in almost real-time as more facts came in? Yep. I don't have a huge problem with that level of mistake as long as it is corrected quickly.

Using that example to show why a president should be allowed to ignore the press is baseless, especially considering the utter bs that breitbart publishes.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

“You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never to get involved in a land war in Asia. And only slightly less well known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!” - The Princess Bride

Inconceivable!
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump went after CNN and called them fake news at his press conference and refused to take questions from them because they posted a synopsis of the leaked story about Trump. FOX News, if you can imagine, just came out and defended CNN.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wait, I thought you couldn't trust anything that comes of of Fox News. I'm so confused.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

FOX News is a right wing site. I trust them to put a right wing spin on every story. The fact that FOX News is sticking up for CNN is news itself. They must feel pretty strong about the topic to come to CNN's rescue and go against Trump.

FOX News is a right wing site and has been since it's inception. They like a lot of newspapers have always supported Republicans and Republics. presidents. Trump has a way of making enemies out of allies. Trump burned that bridge with FOX with his "Bleeding out her whatever" rant. Now FOX isn't as kind to Trump as they normally would be to the incoming President. Newspapers like the AZ Republic have endorsed every Republican Presidential moninee since the 1800's until Trump.

The new allegations claim Trump stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Moscow and stayed in the same Presidential suite Obama and Michelle stayed at. The allegations say that Trump had hookers perform a golden shower on the bed to defile it. I don't know if the allegations are true but it does make for some good jokes.

It wasn’t long before the memes started to rain down, and social media went into meltdown. Mr Trump’s title of PEOTUS (President Elect of the United States) was quickly converted to PEEOTUS and the hashtag #trumpLEAKS was right up there with #goldenshower.

Yes wee can.
Worse than Watergate
Russian leaks
Tinkle tinkle little czar
Make America Urinegreat Again
So its seems like more than just elevators Trump likes gold
I guess they rained on his parade

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

But Nodack. It was just a big 4chan trolling joke bro!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Q: What's the difference between a chick pea and a garbanzo bean?

A: There isn't a tape of Trump having a garbanzo bean on him!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I kind of thought this was a smear campaign myself but the more I read the more it seems like it might be true after all. This Steel guy has been checked out and he is legit with a good reputation. CNN is also reporting more on this story that has been under wraps for some time. The FBI dedicated their time to investigating Hillary and sat on this information for several months that if true is a clear national security breach of the highest level.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/ ... index.html

The two-page synopsis also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials.
Sources tell CNN that these same allegations about communications between the Trump campaign and the Russians, mentioned in classified briefings for congressional leaders last year, prompted then-Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid to send a letter to FBI Director Comey in October, in which he wrote, "It has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government -- a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I still think we need to wait-and-see and don't have enough evidence of these claims. Might be something to it, but all I hear so far is "an inside source says" or "this guy pinky swears that there is evidence" etc. They might be telling the truth, but we don't have the evidence to know.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... thing.html
Article on the subject with timeline of events.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wasn't sure what thread to post this in. CNN has a recent article on the Trump/Russia stuff. They are now saying there is "more than circumstantial evidence" that there was collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/politics/ ... index.html

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Again? Can we trust anything that comes out to CNN anymore? I guess we wait and see...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

If this is proven to be true, what effect does it have? Enough to get Trump impeached?
"Be Legendary."