Trump Inauguration

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Trump Inauguration

Post by Mori Chu »

Did you watch? Thoughts on the event and/or his speech?

In2ition

Re: Trump Inauguration

Post by In2ition »

It was rainy
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Internet's going crazy because he said the same line Bane used in The Dark Knight Rises. It seems like a pretty common line, but with Trump and his speechwriters who knows. A lot of speech/presidential experts are noting his speech was a lot like his campaign speeches, which were directed towards his audience and supporters and not really anything unifying. I thought it was pretty nondescript. For some reason, I had more interest this time around than past ones and really appreciate the transfer of power that's so important. Maybe it's because of the way the campaign was and all the elements and things that took place. It is quite...impressive.

https://twitter.com/mashable/status/822549451202039811

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I did not watch it. Zero interest.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Bill got caught checking out Ivanka.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That's a funny gif, even though it's likely not what you think it is.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

A semi-related note, could the body language between Trump and Melania be any colder?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I check out a lot of different news sources and came across this article titled "An Open Letter to Donald Trump - Part I" from the Russian paper Pravda. I didn't read all of it yet because it was so long winded. Interesting, they go into the Kennedy assasination and all kinds of things. Kind of bizarre.

http://www.pravdareport.com/opinion/col ... r_trump-0/

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Now he has announced that he will not ever be releasing his tax returns. Of course.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... -dont-care

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Trump campaign/administration lies so often that they came up with their own term for it. Now instead of lying they are offering "Alt Facts".

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:The Trump campaign/administration lies so often that they came up with their own term for it. Now instead of lying they are offering "Alt Facts".
I wish the Suns could take back the trade that they did to get Knight and send away the Laker's pick with "Alt trade".
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass