Sports + Politics

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Sports + Politics

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:Shaun King is the worst.
I think that is over the top. I disagree with him regularly, but in this instance, I agree with this article.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The. Worst.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What do you dislike about Shaun King, Shel? I think he sometimes gets too inflammatory and tends to see everything through a racial / racism lens. But I sometimes do agree with him and think he's a good activist and advocate for minority rights.

carey

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:What do you dislike about Shaun King, Shel? I think he sometimes gets too inflammatory and tends to see everything through a racial / racism lens. But I sometimes do agree with him and think he's a good activist and advocate for minority rights.
He's not the worst, but he is the left version of the guy who jumps to conclusions with little evidence at times if it fits his narrative. We all do this to an extent but King has a platform and should be more careful than those of us that do not.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think he sometimes gets too inflammatory and tends to see everything through a racial / racism lens.
That pretty much sums it up. Even other journalists have come out against him and called him out on being outrageous and exploitative. But that's what the Daily News hired him for, I guess.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

NFL owners unanimously pass new policy that all players must stand during National Anthem:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2358 ... hem-policy

Indy

Post by Indy »

Similar to the NBA.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shaun King argues that the NFL's players should strike. I agree. They have more power than they know.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Some of them are definitely going to revolt against Trump. I don’t know about strike but I think they will kneel together in a sign of unity. Suspend half a team? Good luck with that.

The players were protesting the police. Trump will never acknowledge that and always claim they are anti Americans dissing the military.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Trump is anti-American and disrespects the military regularly, so I'm sure he'll go full blown jackass on the NFL players.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He can’t even get along with Canada. He’s calling their leader a pathetic weak liar now. I have never seen a guy who disrespects so many people.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trumpsucks.com sends you to?...

Lol