Trump accuses Obama of Bugging Trump Tower (with zero evidence)

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Trump accuses Obama of Bugging Trump Tower (with zero evidence)

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:34 am
Ah, so you were only technically wrong. Got it.
Yes, I was technically wrong about his title and who appointed it to him. Letter of the law vs spirit of the law. That doesn't mean he started the investigation only when he was appointed Special Counsel by Barr, does it?

BTW, I want to say good job looking that up. I was afraid you weren't going to do any research anymore.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

who are the many of his colleagues that are saying this?

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:46 am
Indy wrote:
Yes, I was technically wrong about his title and who appointed it to him. Letter of the law vs spirit of the law. That doesn't mean he started the investigation only when he was appointed Special Counsel by Barr, does it?

BTW, I want to say good job looking that up. I was afraid you weren't going to do any research anymore.
it takes so little google time to prove you wrong. Usually the first hit. It would be really great if you could use some critical thinking before posting bullshit over and over and over again.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 11:09 am
In2ition wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:46 am
Indy wrote:

it takes so little google time to prove you wrong. Usually the first hit. It would be really great if you could use some critical thinking before posting bullshit over and over and over again.
Come on, you can do better than that with the insults. Let's hear it. I admitted to getting the technical appointment wrong, but he was originally appointed by Sessions during the Trump administration.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 11:08 am
Maybe you could Google it yourself?

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 11:42 am
Indy wrote:
I am not making claims. You are. Then they usually turn out to be bullshit, and you back-pedal. rinse. repeat.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 11:43 am
In2ition wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 11:42 am
Indy wrote:
I am not making claims. You are. Then they usually turn out to be bullshit, and you back-pedal. rinse. repeat.
That's not really a great insult this time. You can do better. I was expecting more. Are you feeling ok?

So you do a search, come back with a technical error on my part and then claim victory to attempt to call me out and everything I said was wrong? Congratulations, you really showed me and everyone. What you showed is debatable though.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The swamp is deep and wide.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Some more evidence of the swamp, if true.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

IT IS EVEN BIGGER THAN A DEMOCRAT CONSPIRACY!!!!1

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 1:42 pm
IT IS EVEN BIGGER THAN A DEMOCRAT CONSPIRACY!!!!1
The next one is going to be bold, then larger font, then in Red, right? Lol

It's all in good fun.

Indy

Post by Indy »

When In2 posts a tweet from a rando that starts with "BREAKING!" you know it will be good.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You know you made it, when Indy critiques every tiny aspect of every post. I feel vindicated and affirmed.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A decent discussion of this dumb recent accusation that Hillary somehow masterminded the Trump/Russia scandal:
The part of Sussman’s trial that has the Trump crowd rubbing their nipples is testimony from Clinton 2016 campaign manager Robby Mook in which he revealed that the candidate was briefed on the potentially dubious Alfa Bank accusations and was fine with the campaign’s decision to share the information with reporters. (Point of fact: Many in the Trump orbit have stated that Clinton approved the Alfa Bank oppo’s dissemination, but Mook testified that he told her only after the campaign had shared it with a reporter.)

This rather mundane bit of opposition-research dissemination was treated as a bombshell in the conservative press, where it has been presented as the long-yearned-for evidence that when it comes to Russia’s involvement in the 2016 election, it was Hillary who perpetrated a scheme on poor innocent Donny Trump, not the other way around.

Among the problems with the reaction from the WSJ, Jr. and assorted other MAGA media influencers: Mook’s admission didn’t come close to proving any scheme orchestrated by Hillary. The only new information he provided is that the candidate said she was okay with her campaign having shared research with reporters about potential ties between Trump and Russia amid an unprecedented cyberattack on her which had been perpetrated by Russia and, at minimum, weaponized by her opponent. (As a former Republican opposition research aficionado, I can testify that passing along not-fully-verified information to journalists in the hopes that they could suss out more details is a time-honored, bipartisan practice.)

In short: The MAGA crowd’s big gotcha is that Hillary was okay with her campaign sharing rumors of questionable veracity about her political opponent with reporters and then tweeting the published information.

Seriously, that’s all they have.

The friends of Donald Trump are upset that someone might have made an accusation that they weren’t completely, totally certain was true.

Donald Trump.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 7:22 am
A decent discussion of this dumb recent accusation that Hillary somehow masterminded the Trump/Russia scandal:
The part of Sussman’s trial that has the Trump crowd rubbing their nipples is testimony from Clinton 2016 campaign manager Robby Mook in which he revealed that the candidate was briefed on the potentially dubious Alfa Bank accusations and was fine with the campaign’s decision to share the information with reporters. (Point of fact: Many in the Trump orbit have stated that Clinton approved the Alfa Bank oppo’s dissemination, but Mook testified that he told her only after the campaign had shared it with a reporter.)

This rather mundane bit of opposition-research dissemination was treated as a bombshell in the conservative press, where it has been presented as the long-yearned-for evidence that when it comes to Russia’s involvement in the 2016 election, it was Hillary who perpetrated a scheme on poor innocent Donny Trump, not the other way around.

Among the problems with the reaction from the WSJ, Jr. and assorted other MAGA media influencers: Mook’s admission didn’t come close to proving any scheme orchestrated by Hillary. The only new information he provided is that the candidate said she was okay with her campaign having shared research with reporters about potential ties between Trump and Russia amid an unprecedented cyberattack on her which had been perpetrated by Russia and, at minimum, weaponized by her opponent. (As a former Republican opposition research aficionado, I can testify that passing along not-fully-verified information to journalists in the hopes that they could suss out more details is a time-honored, bipartisan practice.)

In short: The MAGA crowd’s big gotcha is that Hillary was okay with her campaign sharing rumors of questionable veracity about her political opponent with reporters and then tweeting the published information.

Seriously, that’s all they have.

The friends of Donald Trump are upset that someone might have made an accusation that they weren’t completely, totally certain was true.

Donald Trump.
I can totally understand you and this person looking at this as a nothing burger, and even deluding it's importance.

"Seriously, that's all they have." If I believed that this was all they had, I would do the same thing and poo poo it as laughable or dumb too. I am confident that this isn't 'all they have', and it's only the tip of the iceberg. It's drip, drip. drip at the moment and going to be opening up very soon, imo.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sure. I'll be here holding my breath. It's all going to come out any day now, and then they'll be hauling everybody off to jail! All the pedos, and the corrupt Killary-crats, and the Muellers, and Pelosi, and Biden, who is behind it all despite being demented and sleepy. And then they'll reverse the 2020 election and the SUPER MAGA KING Trump will be back in office by August, baby. The My Pillow guy told me, backed up by a tweet from @magajerkoff69420elonmusk.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:06 am
Sure. I'll be here holding my breath. It's all going to come out any day now, and then they'll be hauling everybody off to jail! All the pedos, and the corrupt Killary-crats, and the Muellers, and Pelosi, and Biden, who is behind it all despite being demented and sleepy. And then they'll reverse the 2020 election and the SUPER MAGA KING Trump will be back in office by August, baby. The My Pillow guy told me, backed up by a tweet from @magajerkoff69420elonmusk.
It is the formula for Qanon to keep saying things are just about to come out and then something happens to push it back and push it back and push it back. It is like those crazy-ass people that keep predicting the end of the world in 1992, then 1996, then 1999, then 2001, then...

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
You come up with some funny posts, trying to use humor of outrageous things to happen to discredit or distract the subject at hand, but none of that is really in this subject. You should use the real approved ULTRA MAGA KING title though, haha. SUPER ULTRA MAGA KING might be next.

Nothing happens immediately. Idk if anyone is going to get "hauled' off, let alone "everybody". How would you possibly reverse the 2020 election? Please let us all know the machinations to that process.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:14 am
Mori Chu wrote:
It is the formula for Qanon to keep saying things are just about to come out and then something happens to push it back and push it back and push it back. It is like those crazy-ass people that keep predicting the end of the world in 1992, then 1996, then 1999, then 2001, then...
That's amazing you've been following these Qanon's since 1992. Were you one of them back then?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's all conspiracy theories with you Republicans. Have you noticed that? Y'all really like to believe a shadowy deep state or network of pedos or intel community are up to some huge vast conspiracy. It is ridiculous. Do you know how hard it would be to keep such big secrets, especially if so many people and agencies were involved as you say? You're way too eager to believe this stuff. I know you're smart and not this gullible.